Laugh or Cry?

Son of A Tiger

When I first read comments from Sen. Fetterman I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. My first thought was wow this a severe case of the pot calling the kettle black. But then I realized he is right. The problem is he is in that category.

Fetterman mocks fellow lawmakers on late-night show: ‘America is not sending their best and brightest’ to DC | Fox News

• Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 2:20 PM, Son of A Tiger said:

When I first read comments from Sen. Fetterman I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. My first thought was wow this a severe case of the pot calling the kettle black. But then I realized he is right. The problem is, he is in that category.

Fetterman mocks fellow lawmakers on late-night show: ‘America is not sending their best and brightest’ to DC | Fox News

He's right. The best and brightest are no going to DC. I'm not sure how any human with half a brain could argue with that. I mean, just look at crazoids and shiiiiitheads like Tuberville, Jordan, Greene, Boebert, Gaetz, Gomert, Graham, Santos, etc -- and on the other side of the aisle Menendez.

The best and the brightest are not going to DC. But fact is, the best and the brightest HAVE NEVER gone to DC. In the early days of our great republic, our presidents and congressmen were highly educated and totally tied into their national and state politics. Now, most of the DC politicians are total halfwits just spouting crap for ignorant people to applaud and contribute money for.

• Like 2

Christ that interview just makes me like Fetterman even more. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 10/17/2023 at 12:44 AM, AURex said:

He's right. The best and brightest are no going to DC. I'm not sure how any human with half a brain could argue with that. I mean, just look at crazoids and shiiiiitheads like Tuberville, Jordan, Greene, Boebert, Gaetz, Gomert, Graham, Santos, etc -- and on the other side of the aisle Menendez.

The best and the brightest are not going to DC. But fact is, the best and the brightest HAVE NEVER gone to DC. In the early days of our great republic, our presidents and congressmen were highly educated and totally tied into their national and state politics. Now, most of the DC politicians are total halfwits just spouting crap for ignorant people to applaud and contribute money for.

On the other side of the aisle - Menendez??  Really, he’s the lone Democrat you offer up?   AOC is dumb as a box of rocks, as are Talib, Omar, Bush - heck, the entire “squad”.  Don’t forget Schiff - but it’s hard to say whether he’s actually dumb, or just a pathological liar.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, GoAU said:

On the other side of the aisle - Menendez??  Really, he’s the lone Democrat you offer up?   AOC is dumb as a box of rocks, as are Talib, Omar, Bush - heck, the entire “squad”.  Don’t forget Schiff - but it’s hard to say whether he’s actually dumb, or just a pathological liar.  

AOC has far better political instincts than I thought she would when she entered Congress. The “win the internet” millennial bent can get annoying but she rarely has to put her foot in her mouth like, for instance, Tlaib or Omar. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, AUDub said:

AOC has far better political instincts than I thought she would when she entered Congress. The “win the internet” millennial bent can get annoying but she rarely has to put her foot in her mouth like, for instance, Tlaib or Omar. 

Need I remind you of the stellar job she did securing all of those jobs from her district in the new Amazon facility?  How about when she said unemployment was low because everyone has 2 jobs?  I’ll admit she does seem to resonate with some of the young crowd, but I can provide a lot more examples of her making stupid comments.  

1 hour ago, GoAU said:

Need I remind you of the stellar job she did securing all of those jobs from her district in the new Amazon facility?

Ask Arlington, VA how that’s going. 

1 hour ago, GoAU said:

How about when she said unemployment was low because everyone has 2 jobs?  I’ll admit she does seem to resonate with some of the young crowd, but I can provide a lot more examples of her making stupid comments.  

Let me emphasize “rarely.” She’s not above the occasional stupid remark but she’s a far cry from the rest of the squad. 

On 10/18/2023 at 9:56 PM, AUDub said:

Let me emphasize “rarely.” She’s not above the occasional stupid remark but she’s a far cry from the rest of the squad. 

Kind of like being the tallest midget though, right?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GoAU said:

Kind of like being the tallest midget though, right?

I would say that but her outreach works. 

It’s not difficult to go back and find dumb things that politicians have said in the past on both sides.   Not sure why anyone has to point out a particular side as having more.   
As far the having smarter people in the beginning, it’s because they were richer and could afford an education beyond most people.   Most were blue collar workers and had no cause to run for any type of office.   
 Today, politicians can turn what was once a short term office into decades of government money.   Parlay that into book deals, board positions and you’ve made yourself a really good living.   All at the expense of the American people.   It’s a damn shame 

• Thanks 2

The duopoly has failed us. And we allowed it to happen. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/16/2023 at 11:44 PM, AURex said:

He's right. The best and brightest are no going to DC. I'm not sure how any human with half a brain could argue with that. I mean, just look at crazoids and shiiiiitheads like Tuberville, Jordan, Greene, Boebert, Gaetz, Gomert, Graham, Santos, etc -- and on the other side of the aisle Menendez. AOC, Tlaib, Omar, Brown, Hank Johnson (Guam will capsize fame), Sheila Jackson Lee, Bush, and especially Schiff, et al...

FTFY...

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

12 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

FTFY...                                                                                                                                                                                                            :slapfh: 👎

And the response here on the board is why the nation is where it is today. 
If you fail to recognize the whole problem, then how can you begin to discuss and postulate a fix?

• Like 1