"The other team"

LPTiger

9 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Anderson Cooper gets an education:

Some here need to listen.

I love the SF Anderdon Cooper doesnt even have the intelligence nor balls to reply.

Why would anyone believe Hamas about anything??? They believe the open lies because it fits THEIR PERSONAL NARRATIVE. Their personal narrative that all Jews are evil and deserve whatever hell gets unleashed upon them simply for being Jews. 

The NYT LIED, CNN LIED, MSM LIED. They lie and lie and lie and NEVER get called out for it. You could randomly pick people out of the phone book and get better "journalists" than we have now. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

17 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Their personal narrative that all Jews are evil and deserve whatever hell gets unleashed upon them simply for being Jews. 

Thomas Sowell has an opinion on why there is antisemitism.  He says if the Jews would just fail there would be no antisemitism.  HIs point, as I take it, is people don’t like it when some people succeed.  It seems to be true in all walks of life.

• Facepalm 1

CNN never reported that it was some deliberate or off target strike by Israel.  They simply reported that Palestinians were blaming Israel for the explosion at the hospital.  I was sitting in a Dr's office waiting room watching this coverage.  They also reported that Israel denied that it was their strike.  They then reported that the U.S. had confirmed that it was not an Israeli strike.  I am confused as to what part of that was incorrect reporting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

I love the SF Anderdon Cooper doesnt even have the intelligence nor balls to reply.

Why woul anyone believe Hamas about anything??? They believe the open lies because it fits THEIR PERSONAL NARRATIVE. Their personal narrative that all Jews are evil and deserve whatever hell gets unleashed upon them simply for being Jews. 

The NYT LIED, CNN LIED, MSM LIED. They lie and lie and lie and NEVER get called out for it. You could randomly pick people out of the phone book and get better "journalists" than we have now. 

Some media initially ran with the Hamas narrative, but his analogy is ridiculous. Would most believe America was behind 9/11 on 9/12? No, but he’s drawing an analogy to a situation where Israel is bombing a place under another entities control. Actually, his analogy cuts the other way— would Gaza attack Gaza? It being an Israeli bomb is not that much of a reach. Nonetheless, no credible media outlet should report such Hamas assertions as facts.

22 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Nonetheless, no credible media outlet should report such Hamas assertions as facts.

Then answer yourself: Why did they?

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Thomas Sowell has an opinion on why there is antisemitism.  He says if the Jews would just fail there would be no antisemitism.  HIs point, as I take it, is people don’t like it when some people succeed.  It seems to be true in all walks of life.

Anti-semitism has been a thing for millennia. 

As of this morning: All intelligence aside, the primary American news agencies are doing a shoulder shrug as almost all Western Intelligence, even Joe Biden, say that the overwhelming amount of evidence says it was a stray missile, which happens when you launch from a close proximity to civilians, like a nearby cemetery, as Islamic Jihad was doing...

Edited by DKW 86
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Anti-semitism has been a thing for millennia. 

So has racism, what’s your point?

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Huh? Too successful? If that were true everyone would hate the British. Small country controls half the planet for almost two hundred years. I would suggest their biggest problem is that they are uniquely both a people and a religion. They (and Christians) are infidels to Muslims, and to many Christians they’re not … Christian.

5 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Huh? Too successful? If that were true everyone would hate the British. Small country controls half the planet for almost two hundred years. I would suggest their biggest problem is that they are uniquely both a people and a religion. They (and Christians) are infidels to Muslims, and to many Christians they’re not … Christian.

Didn’t the world hate the British until they failed to win the Revolutionary War?  Now American is on their radar.  And we are talking an individual race of people that are (or have been) overwhelmingly successful doing it for centuries without a nation.  Do you think Israel is going to lose this conflict if it only involves Hamas?

Hamas (and terrorists in general) want America to intervene in the business of this war so they can continue to fight another day.  They are and have been playing us for years.

Christians are a religion that Jesus has blessed and Muslims are a religion that Muhammad has blessed, the Jews just happened to be the lowest hanging fruit for Muslims.  Some one said Muslims fight the Saturday people on Saturday and the Sunday people on Sunday.  Some of the radicals are not satisfied with any victory as more work has to be done.  And that is true of all radicals of all religions.

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Didn’t the world hate the British until they failed to win the Revolutionary War?  Now American is on their radar.  And we are talking an individual race of people that are (or have been) overwhelmingly successful doing it for centuries without a nation.  Do you think Israel is going to lose this conflict if it only involves Hamas?

Hamas (and terrorists in general) want America to intervene in the business of this war so they can continue to fight another day.  They are and have been playing us for years.

Christians are a religion that Jesus has blessed and Muslims are a religion that Muhammad has blessed, the Jews just happened to be the lowest hanging fruit for Muslims.  Some one said Muslims fight the Saturday people on Saturday and the Sunday people on Sunday.  Some of the radicals are not satisfied with any victory as more work has to be done.  And that is true of all radicals of all religions.

I understand your points. Though much more historical and religiously complex, it’s another democracy vs authoritarian/ extremist theocracy aggression conflict. Externally and internally, the power struggle of our time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I understand your points. Though much more historical and religiously complex, it’s another democracy vs authoritarian/ extremist theocracy aggression conflict. Externally and internally, the power struggle of our time.

When do you think this particular struggle became real in America?

12 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

When do you think this particular struggle became real in America?

When we shifted from seeing the other party as a rival to literally the enemy. No compromise, no quarter.  Scorch and burn. The first time I heard a politician saying he admired Putin, I knew we had crossed an existential line. You?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

When we shifted from seeing the other party as a rival to literally the enemy. No compromise, no quarter.  Scorch and burn. The first time I heard a politician saying he admired Putin, I knew we had crossed an existential line. You?

When we went to intersectional politics.  It then became about the individual and not for the country.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

As of this morning: All intelligence aside, the primary American news agencies are doing a shoulder shrug as almost all Western Inteelegence, even Joe Biden, say that the overwhelming amount of evidence says it was a stray missile, which happens when you launch from a close proximity to civilians, like a nearby cemetery, as Islamic Jihad was doing...

The "primary" news agencies I listen to have been simply reporting the news, including the U.S. and Israeli intelligence statements.

You really want them to take sides?

Edited by homersapien

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

The "primary" news agencies I listen to have been simply reporting the news, including the U.S. and Israeli intelligence statements.

You really want them to take sides?

No, I said just the opposite. I want them to do the research and tell us the truth. They want to be on the one side. I absolutely do not want them to err on the other side either. That would just make them FoxII

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

No, I said just the opposite. I want them to do the research and tell us the truth. They want to be on the one side. I absolutely do not want them to err on the other side either. That would just make them FoxII

That's not what your post implied.

19 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I want them to do the research and tell us the truth.

Okay.  The news will take decades to produce. 

BREAKING NEWS,,, war breaks out in the Gulf of Tonkin.  The research has now been done,,, the facts just came in.

WE need to be more skeptical.  WE need to discern,,, basic information, bias, propaganda.  It is not that difficult if,,, you are not committed to believing what you want to believe. 

WE need to ground what we believe in current information, history, practical logic, principles,,, not emotion, bias, conditioning. 

19 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

“Sides” is trickier than just facts. It’s also balancing coverage. If the news web site or 30 min news segment spends 80% of the coverage fixating on one side or the other - even if it’s purely fact-based - it’s biased.  We often think the way others prioritize what’s important. Look at fox, cnn, msnbcs websites and how they sequence and omit stories - that’s imo the subtle bias battleground.

• Like 1