*Official Auburn vs. Vanderbilt Game Thread*

abw0004

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Just now, autiger88 said:

Which is crazy to say after having two good clutch kickers before him...

We had one very good clutch kicker and his upper mid level younger brother😂

2 minutes ago, JGLEATON said:

fairweather just doen't even TRY to go for the catch or at least become a defender there... just watch the DB almost catch it.... same on the pick six

Same thing on the pick 6

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

At least.

Horrible call on catch interference, would have been our ball in the RZ (or close).

Muffed punt that somehow we didn't recover, would have been our ball deep.

Dropped pass by receiver (would have been likely TD), other drop same drive (early jump) would have put us in RZ or close.

Stupid chop block. 

I'm probably missing something else. 

It wasn't a chop block.  It was a block below the waist.

Just now, AUY2K said:

Ok.

Arkansas found their offense right before we play them…

we will be 6-6 and hopefully can win the Birmingham bowl.

I’m not worried about Arky scoring on us. I’m worried about us scoring on them. 

We have performed really well against every offense other than LSU. Arky isn’t even close to those other teams.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

It’s not though. We’ve run it. We’ve thrown intermediate passes. We’ve thrown underneath. We’ve thrown it deep. And we’ve done all this stuff out of different formations and looks. It’s a complete mix of stuff. Players aren’t executing right now. The only play I thought was a bad call was the pick six. Throwing out of your end zone is always risky. But I’m guessing the lack of production on the last several series mixed with the folks saying we were too conservative last week contributed to the decision to throw it there.

This is an absolute incompetent WR room. Pair that with a very suspect OL and extremely odd and poor play calling and you get the product we have been seeing all year. Lucky we have a lead at all, but getting the ball first in 2nd half, we need to put 7 on the board. It’s like our receivers can’t beat anybody and get separation. Practice or not, this team appears really poorly coached. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

It’s refreshing to gripe about how bad we’re playing...and still be up by 10...

things are looking up 👍

I’m not pissed off at the score so much. It’s the fact that we went right back to our vanilla run run run offense for no reason.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

It’s refreshing to gripe about how bad we’re playing...and still be up by 10...

things are looking up 👍

I guess that’s one way to look at it but it’s against by far the worst team in the SEC

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

We all are. I get it. Just trade that shotgun into something with a little more precision. The play calling is fine. The receivers are letting their QB down big time. 

I got a last minute project handed to me, so I'm working, I’m catching bits and pieces.  I see first down, then I blink and we are punting.  I definitely missed the passing creativity.  Saw Fair catch one for zero, then catch one for negative five, made my play-calling insult prematurely.  Surprised (to be corrected and told that) we are mixing it up.  Done with project, looking forward to the second half.  Montgomery has turned in ridiculous offenses in the not-too-distant past.  Absurd yardage, major accolades and awards. Which makes things even more frustrating 

• Like 1

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

It doesn’t say much for a team’s maturity when they can only play well at the home field.  We may lose yet today, but next week will be tough.

Just schedule all home games. Problem solved. 

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

2 for 123 for hunter. His last 7 carries have gone for 8 yards

They’re stacking the box, as they should since Hunter burned them twice already. Wish we could catch the ball because we’d torch the Vandy defense with some decent passing game. 

Edited by Auburn Tiger
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Old fan 47 said:

This is an absolute incompetent WR room. Pair that with a very suspect OL and extremely odd and poor play calling and you get the product we have been seeing all year. Lucky we have a lead at all, but getting the ball first in 2nd half, we need to put 7 on the board. It’s like our receivers can’t beat anybody and get separation. Practice or not, this team appears really poorly coached. 

You totally left out the lethargic QB. He doesn’t do much to help himself.