Arkansas Post Game

Dwayne Pride

1 hour ago, Dwayne Pride said:

The best at that I ever saw was the Alabama quarterback that grew up an Auburn fan. Tall, lanky, dark headed.  

Holloway, maybe?  Gary, maybe?  

He could freeze a DB with a handoff, have the ball behind his back and then zip a 20 yard completion. 

I barely remember him, but if you watched Cam closely, he rode fakes to the RB longer than any QB I've ever watched. His size wasn't the only reason he got a lot of running yards. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

It is a conundrum for me.   At times they play lights out.   Cal game is a perfect example.   Today, the D simply overwhelmed an Arky team that put up lots of points on the road at Florida.  But then the possessions I have beaten like a dead horse.....   Maybe the answer is Scott and Keys being hurt. It would be interesting to see an in-depth analysis of the D's performance with and without Scott and Keys on the field. 

You might also want to remember that Jaylin Simpson was either out or playing hurt for all of Georgia's comeback. We have talent, but no depth. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

I barely remember him, but if you watched Cam closely, he rode fakes to the RB longer than any QB I've ever watched. His size wasn't the only reason he got a lot of running yards. 

You barely remember Cam?  Good Lawd. 

• Love 2

26 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

bull****.  I somehow passed soil mechanics to get my civil degree.  

Oh, you said you were an engineer, not a plumber. 😉

3 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

You barely remember Cam?  Good Lawd. 

Read the post I was replying to - I barely remember Gary Hollingsworth. 

1 minute ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Gotcha.  That makes more sense.  I was feeling very old for a minute.  Now I just feel old.  

Well, there's something we have in common. I'd just remind you that it's better than the alternative. 😀

6 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Cam did a decent job. But defenses weren’t scared of Cam on the option. They felt he was so big they could catch him. Sometimes they did, sometimes they didn’t. 

The one who ran it to perfection was Nick Marshall. He would pull it at the last nanosecond and take off. He literally scared DCs to death. 

Coaches from the 70s and 80s were waking up the old folks homes watching that offense. 

Mind you, Cam is always enough!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

48 is the most points we have scored in an SEC game since we curb-stomped LSU 48-11 in 2020...

If it was about points, we easily had 2 more TDS in us. 
Heck, if we don’t let Robby throw, we score one more.

• Like 2

Funny thought on an Arkansas forum. A guy said with the close games against Bama and LSU, they thought They were ready to turn a corner but they didn’t know it was going to be into head on traffic. 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

48 is the most points we have scored in an SEC game since we curb-stomped LSU 48-11 in 2020...

Anything more would’ve likely been the most since the 56-3 Arkansas win in 16. Actually… they might’ve had a 49 somewhere in that 2017 game. 

We always handle Arky’s defense in that blase stadium they play in, but this was the worst of the worst 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Anything more would’ve likely been the most since the 56-3 Arkansas win in 16. Actually… they might’ve had a 49 somewhere in that 2017 game. 

We always handle Arky’s defense in that blase stadium they play in, but this was the worst of the worst 

Like I said, firing Petrino has almost completely killed that program (with teh exception of 2021 and a few games in 2015).

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

No on so many levels. Go watch the whole season again. You can find every game on YouTube. From the first game, Cam shows dominate mobility. Early in his first game, he dodged 2 defenders, ran in a circle to dodge multiple more guys, forced 2 guys to run into each other, and ran for a first down. Probably his best rushing highlight was she. He outran Patrick Peterson. He was a freakish combination of fast, powerful, and shifty as a runner. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dwayne Pride said:

The best at that I ever saw was the Alabama quarterback that grew up an Auburn fan. Tall, lanky, dark headed.  

Holloway, maybe?  Gary, maybe?  

He could freeze a DB with a handoff, have the ball behind his back and then zip a 20 yard completion. 

Gary "chuck & duck" Hollingsworth? Please. Okla QB jamelle holliway was the best and our 2013 squad was a close 2d IMO. Whomevers third best is a distant third.

9 hours ago, CCTAU said:

If it was about points, we easily had 2 more TDS in us. 
Heck, if we don’t let Robby throw, we score one more.

LOL, or Arkansas would have.