Thoughts on New Mexico State

StatTiger

Yes, they are on a six-game winning streak, but it has come against competition that compiled a .327 win percentage and all G5 opposition. The average score during those games is 28-16.

Auburn has five wins against FBS competition that compiled a win percentage of .300. The average score in those games is 36-12.

NMS is 0-10 in their last ten Power-5 games, losing by an average score of 51-10, which includes an 0-5 record against the SEC, with an average score of 53-9.

Auburn is favored by 22.5.

Could Auburn lose this game? Anything is possible, but it would take a complete collapse in all three game phases, which isn't likely.

I'm sure Freeze will remind the team of his loss to NMS last year (49-14).

While at Ole Miss, Freeze was 15-1 in games against non Power-5 schools with an average score of 46-15. The one loss was against Memphis in 2015.

The players love the home crowd, and the fans love this team....

Auburn 41 New Mexico State 13

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

It isn’t always the best comparator. But I always start with common opponents. This team loss to UMass. By double digits…as in the team that we put 59 points on before we had an offense. Their best win was arguably WKU, and it was only a 9 point win. I get the “don’t have a let down” point. But I’m pretty sure we’d win this game even if Harsin was still our coach.

We are 6-4. Not sure any opponent at this point would be a let down or trap game.

Drop the hammer and keep it to the floor. Build on the Arkansas game and build to a fever pitch for Alabama. 

Edited by AU120289

Jerry Kill is the NMSU coach and he’s got a solid reputation. Probably the best they’ve ever had there. He knows how to coach in big boy football. I’m not concerned with losing at all, but I hope we don’t fail to show up for a while and let them hang around. We need fresh legs and healthy players at every position for the IB. 

I saw this team in person vs UTEP. The only way they beat Auburn is an absolute collapse of all 3 aspects of the game. Not happening 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

May have a bit of a letdown at first with our kids looking forward to the Iron Bowl, but I don't think that will last past the first quarter.  AU by 27.

On 11/13/2023 at 6:11 PM, Gowebb11 said:

Jerry Kill is the NMSU coach and he’s got a solid reputation. Probably the best they’ve ever had there. He knows how to coach in big boy football. I’m not concerned with losing at all, but I hope we don’t fail to show up for a while and let them hang around. We need fresh legs and healthy players at every position for the IB. 

I don’t think anyone strained themselves yesterday.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

but I hope we don’t fail to show up for a while and let them hang around.

2 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Jerry Kill is the NMSU coach and he’s got a solid reputation. Probably the best they’ve ever had there. He knows how to coach in big boy football.

Got those two parts right. Wish I had gotten the not losing part right  

On 11/13/2023 at 11:26 AM, StatTiger said:

Yes, they are on a six-game winning streak, but it has come against competition that compiled a .327 win percentage and all G5 opposition. The average score during those games is 28-16.

Auburn has five wins against FBS competition that compiled a win percentage of .300. The average score in those games is 36-12.

NMS is 0-10 in their last ten Power-5 games, losing by an average score of 51-10, which includes an 0-5 record against the SEC, with an average score of 53-9.

Could Auburn lose this game? Anything is possible, but it would take a complete collapse in all three game phases, which isn't likely.

While at Ole Miss, Freeze was 15-1 in games against non Power-5 schools with an average score of 46-15. The one loss was against Memphis in 2015.

Well, Hugh wasn’t the only one who 💩 the bed on this game…🤣

On 11/13/2023 at 11:26 AM, StatTiger said:

Not true. They’re a veritable powerhouse. 😉