Iron Bowl Kickoff Time

Win4AU

My life will be enhanced once CBS is done with the SEC and Danielson is calling OSU-Rutgers games. 

Can’t wait for the Iron Bowl though!

Edited by Gowebb11

Yes, listening to Danielson call an SEC game is like listening to Bill Walton calling Basketball & calling the PAC 12 the "Conference of Champions" 20 times or more a game.🤮

This will be the first game I've attended in some years.  Could someone give me parking recommendations?  I don't mind walking a ways to avoid being stuck for hours after the game.

I'll be coming from north of Auburn, heading south on 431, through Roanoke.

Thanks.

Edited by WillMunny

20 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Yes, listening to Danielson call an SEC game is like listening to Bill Walton calling Basketball & calling the PAC 12 the "Conference of Champions" 20 times or more a game.🤮

Gotta love Bill Walton.  Give him a subject and 10 minutes, and he will cover every subject imaginable, plus the Grateful Dead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

This will be the first game I've attended in some years.  Could someone give me parking recommendations?  I don't mind walking a ways to avoid being stuck for hours after the game.

Thanks.

Lafayette is your best bet. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WillMunny said:

Thanks.

Ride the Tiger Transit in from the Mall. It's free. It will take a while to get back to your car after the game though. That's just the nature of it these days whether you park on campus/in town or ride in. 

• Like 1

I don’t have tickets, but may drive down just to tailgate and be there. I did this in 2019, actually got into the game in the 4th quarter.

I like our chances this year. Have not felt that way in a while. 

Edited by WVR
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, WillMunny said:

Thanks.

so you cut across the side road where the caboose is and then turn left i think on 280 for a couple of blocks. that was the way i always went as well as family. there used to be a two story coke bottle you could visit and had a second story look out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

My life will be enhanced once CBS is done with the SEC and Danielson is calling OSU-Rutgers games. 

You sound like a “bamar” fan complaining about the announcers. They have such an impact on the game. 
Go back to sleep!!!

5 hours ago, WillMunny said:

Thanks.

Depends on arrival time.

1 minute ago, KTATLEagles said:

You sound like a “bamar” fan complaining about the announcers. They have such an impact on the game. 
Go back to sleep!!!

Thanks for the deep insight. 

On 11/13/2023 at 2:15 PM, Gowebb11 said:

I agree about Danielson.

I'm going to miss CBS and the music. Hate the SEC and CBS couldn't get a deal. 

This will probably be the last daytime kickoff for the Iron Bowl in a while. Pretty sure this will be on ABC/ESPN next year at 7:30 EST.

• Like 2

On 11/13/2023 at 2:52 PM, WillMunny said:

Gotta love Bill Walton.  Give him a subject and 10 minutes, and he will cover every subject imaginable, plus the Grateful Dead.

You mean, he'll cover the Grateful Dead AND every other subject lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

You mean, he'll cover the Grateful Dead AND every other subject lol

Yep.  He once actually played drums for the Grateful Dead during a live concert. 

https://liveforlivemusic.com/features/bill-walton-dead-company-drums-video/

• Love 1