NMSU Post mortem

TitanTiger

5 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Yeah I think Dye lost to Southern Miss in 90 or 91, but they probably had a little more gravitas than NMSU. Law of averages I guess? It is embarrassing.

Farve was the QB I think. They beat AU and UA that year . Maybe I’m wrong 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, e808 said:

I would just like to say no Gus 2.0 or Saban references. It’s apples to oranges. CHF is CHF and this is extremely hard to digest. The good news is the sun will still shine tomorrow and hopefully better days ahead for Auburn football 

Surely it can’t be any worse days in the future for Auburn football.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Yeah I think Dye lost to Southern Miss in 90 or 91, but they probably had a little more gravitas than NMSU. Law of averages I guess? It is embarrassing.

We lost to USM in 90 and 91. The 90 loss was understandable cause USM had Bret Farve. USM had some good teams or at least very good QBs back in the day.

• Like 1

Without a doubt the most embarrassing loss I can remember us ever having. We had to pull a few games out of our butt that would’ve been up there, but we ended up winning them. This was a beat down from start to finish.

• Like 2

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

AU will Beat bama 

We are talking about football, correct?

Maybe in two years, but not next week.

36 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

It was a bad loss no doubt, but don’t believe we should be jumping off any cliffs.

If this loss doesn't make you jump off a cliff, how about Liberty going from 8-4 in CHF's last season to 11-0 and ranked? Oh, and yeah, they beat New Mexico State soundly. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Pathetic. Saw this coming but still sucks. Lost all momentum we had going into the iron bowl. We were beat by a better team and they were less talented. Got to win in your home stadium and defend your turf even if we've been irrelevant in football for awhile. Definitely another low point

6 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

And then he got fired for poor play, coaching, and illegals benefits. 

2 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

If this loss doesn't make you jump off a cliff, how about Liberty going from 8-4 in CHF's last season to 11-0 and ranked? Oh, and yeah, they beat New Mexico State soundly. 

I was just gonna post the pic haha

The play of the defensive backs was shockingly poor. All we've heard is they were the strength of the team. They couldn't cover anyone. The wide receivers regressed. It was an all around pathetic performance.

4 minutes ago, Mondo Cane said:

We lost to USM in 90 and 91. The 90 loss was understandable cause USM had Bret Farve. USM had some good teams or at least very good QBs back in the day.

USM was good in 1990. They were 8-4 and lost the 4 by a total of 12 points.  !991 they were bad but still beat us.

2 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

I don't want to excuse the performance today but it could indicate that Freeze left a good situation. 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Dye lost to Southern Miss in both 1990 and 1991. Farve was the QB in 1990.

1 minute ago, naildawg said:

The play of the defensive backs was shockingly poor. All we've heard is they were the strength of the team. They couldn't cover anyone. The wide receivers regressed. It was an all around pathetic performance.

Offensive line was really bad. Bunch of holding penalties.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Video:

He should be on his knees asking forgiveness and another chance from the Auburn nation.

Just now, PUB78 said:

He should be on his knees asking forgiveness and another chance from the Auburn nation.

Potato head should go first for the sh%^ recruiting.

5 minutes ago, AU120289 said:

And then he got fired for poor play, coaching, and illegals benefits. 

Too many shots of whiskey too lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e808 said:

Respectfully, not buying into the untalented team theory. Watched this same NMsST lose to Hawaii this season and they are pretty bad.  Basically it’s saying I can be bad at coaching and preparation but should beat u because I have a loaded team

If you haven’t been watching the LOS, and I mean really watching the LOS, then can only assume we’re good as any other team.  When actually we’re not. 

5 minutes ago, naildawg said:

When Keionte has been healthy, they have been.  Today was a complete anomaly.