Payton Thorne

TexasTiger

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I haven’t tried to shut down your insults, have I? You’ve insulted me numerous times. I haven’t edited a one of them or threatened you in any way. Just pointing it out, Cole, since you seem oblivious.

But you posted in your long post that I insulted you. You literally tried to paint a picture that I said I have a higher IQ than everybody else, and I insulted you just for stating an opinion and on cue a guy whose upset because I don't agree with you replied to the IQ stuff when you know I haven't said anything like that

I insulted you in replies to your insults towards me. That's the difference

Edited by cole256

20 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Thorne is Chris Todd.  He can be good but that’s his ceiling.  He did what he was asked to do yesterday.  It seemed like Auburn didn’t even try to pass for large portions of the 2nd half.  

This has been known . MSU fans said, I’ve seen it, yet our fans base still wants to fight it at times. We need a QB who can handle the RPO. Seems he still is struggling with it and the staff don’t fully trust him. Now is the time to find that person. 

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ok the post where I wasn't even talking to you, you just assumed I was. But even if I was talking to you he didn't play a good game. He played bad, how else can I say he played bad.

You literally want to post things and feel like nobody can disagree with you. I don't think he played well. I think he played horrible, what makes your opinion more valuable than mine?

I don’t mind you disagreeing. But this thread was about something else. If you want to post that in another thread or start on thread on it, i probably wouldn’t even reply. This thread was a simple appreciation of a player coming in late, playing tough and being a gamer this year. Nothing more. There were game threads, post game threads and other threads. You can start threads, too. I don’t generally initiate engagement with you, whether I agree with you or not.

Again, if someone wanted to disagree with what I said in the OP, I’ll hear them out.

18 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Several critical runs & first downs.

One day we'll get a QB that is good at throwing 

Just now, TexasTiger said:

I don’t mind you disagreeing. But this thread was about something else. If you want to post that in another thread or start on thread on it, i probably wouldn’t even reply. This thread was a simple appreciation of a player coming in late, playing tough and being a gamer this year. Nothing more. There were game threads, post game threads and other threads. You can start threads, too. I don’t generally initiate engagement with you, whether I agree with you or not.

Again, if someone wanted to disagree with what I said in the OP, I’ll hear them out.

Once again I was disagreeing with someone that posted in the thread but clearly they agree with you and you with them and I can easily debate what he said. I don't think anybody can debate what I said, they can insult m me orbe mad at what I said but they can't prove it wrong.

I was speaking to the board in general and not speaking to your point individually. But my point of people were harsh on Finely after his game so it should be fine to critics PT after this game is just as true as any other statement IMO

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

This has been known . MSU fans said, I’ve seen it, yet our fans base still wants to fight it at times. We need a QB who can handle the RPO. Seems he still is struggling with it and the staff don’t fully trust him. Now is the time to find that person. 

That’s why I posted Max Johnson entering the portal.  If Auburn doesn’t bring a Qb in the Dec transfer window I think there’s a very good chance Thorne is the starter next year.  

• Like 1

Just now, Win4AU said:

That’s why I posted Max Johnson entering the portal.  If Auburn doesn’t bring a Qb in the Dec transfer window I think there’s a very good chance Thorne is the starter next year.  

Oh I am betting you we will. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

He's horrible. No way anybody can make him be anything more than that. Like let's be real

This kind of engagement doesn’t exactly encourage civil discussion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Once again I was disagreeing with someone that posted in the thread but clearly they agree with you and you with them and I can easily debate what he said. I don't think anybody can debate what I said, they can insult m me orbe mad at what I said but they can't prove it wrong.

I was speaking to the board in general and not speaking to your point individually. But my point of people were harsh on Finely after his game so it should be fine to critics PT after this game is just as true as any other statement IMO

Pretty sure you were correcting my low IQ.

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

PT isn't horrible.  Limited yes. Gamer yes. Win a game for u... no...  I think that was the point of the OP

Edited by NWALA Tiger

7 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Pretty sure you were correcting my low IQ.

Really? Well show that real quick. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them a bad person. What if you are in the minority?

Edited by cole256

6 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

It doesn't if you have some sort of unknown allegiance to PT but that's nothing and I mean nothing to the way people have talked about stidham, Finley, Robby etc. 

Look at how he played, I'm confused how anybody would have any pushback to someone saying he didn't play well.

7 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

PT isn't horrible.  Limited yes. Gamer yes. Win a game for u... no... 

Did he play horrible last night? And if you don't think he did what else would he need to do for you to think he played horrible?

Just now, cole256 said:

It doesn't if you have some sort of unknown allegiance to PT but that's nothing and I mean nothing to the way people have talked about stidham, Finley, Robby etc. 

Look at how he played, I'm confused how anybody would have any pushback to someone saying he didn't play well.

you said: 

IMG_9776.jpeg

No way anybody can make him anything but horrible.— bit stronger than “he didn’t play well.”

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

Oh I am betting you we will. 

Nate Johnson from Utah just entered the portal. Not great as a passer but he is super human fast. Probably a better fit for Gus at UCF. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

Nate Johnson from Utah just entered the portal. Not great as a passer but he is super human fast. Probably a better fit for Gus at UCF. 

I am interested in seeing who Hugh goes after, last season he was very pick. I just hope we are prioritizing guys comfortable in the RPO.

• Like 2

Just now, DAG said:

I am interested in seeing who Hugh goes after, last season he was very pick. I just hope we are prioritizing guys comfortable in the RPO.

Agree 100%. PT may not be the guy but we can’t afford to bring in someone who is learning the system on the fly. Plug and play or bust in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Sure, let's debate it 

Cool. I'm so down to talk football. This is my argument he only completed 30 percent of his passes 1td and 2 int. Under 100 yards. That td worked to where jj was butt naked wide open but had someone been covering him I don't know if we would have completed that....and also that catch was like 40 yards so if you take that one play away that's pretty much half of his completion yards.....that's just a bad game.

Let's say for some reason bammer QB had those stats and I heard a bammer say that he played a good game I would LMAO at them. In what world could that be a good game. 

Lastly I may be wrong but I remember people ripping tj a new one for games that he played that were better than this. RA as well, so why can we criticize those guys and nobody comes to the rescue but it's controversial to critics PT when clearly he didn't play well?

• Facepalm 3

5 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

you said: 

IMG_9776.jpeg

No way anybody can make him anything but horrible.— bit stronger than “he didn’t play well.”

Ok he played horrible. I think he played horrible. I wish bammer QB had put up those EXACT stats, if he did we win this game. 

But that's how bad I think he played. But that was a reply to a guy getting smart to another poster and saying he played very well.....as if you are dumb to think PT didn't play well

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

He better go after a guy that can process information, I know that. 

18 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Really? Well show that real quick. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them a bad person. What if you are in the minority?

Agree and have no clue why you are asking the minority question.