Payton Thorne

TexasTiger

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

That's disrespecting Cox IMO. He was one of my favorite QB's. PT wasn't that last night

Nope, but he wasn't Cox vs USC either. 

• Like 1

Just now, LPTiger said:

You could have stopped right there.    Trust me he would have whipped you.

Oh ok so you don't either I presume. That's may be cool for you to do but naw nobody is just whipping my ass but if you concede to him more power to you

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Says the most delicate flower on the forum.

Lol now you're tough. You can't be tough when you just had a temper tantrum because people didn't fall in line with you

24 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Oh and I forget the exact time in game but we were killing it running the ball, then out of the blue we decide to pass it 3 plays in a row when clearly the QB isn't having the best game but on top of that we motioned the hb out in slot.....now EVERYBODY knows we are passing! And we did the motion stuff 2 or 3 times in a row.....we had them on their heels, they HAD to be thinking run and we just took that advantage away from ourselves why exactly? 

I don't know what our coaches were thinking

On offense the constant QB swap still is head scratching. I know it CAN work, we've all seen it work at one school or another before. But there's tons of times it just stifles an offense. Which is what it did for Auburn a lot this year. and I never like an empty backfield unless the QB himself is a huge threat to run. Cam, Vick, Lamar... they can pull off an empty set and still keep a defense honest. PT can't.... that's not even a knock on him, only a select few superstars can do it well.

The last defensive one sticks in my head though... cause it was the last one.

Being honest and not just an Auburn fan, Bama had some goofball stuff also last night. We just made the last goofy playcall :lol: 

Lol now you're tough. You can't be tough when you just had a temper tantrum because people didn't fall in line with you

You project a lot. It’s kinda amazing to watch. Textbook.

Just now, TexasTiger said:

You project a lot. It’s kinda amazing to watch. Textbook.

We understand you are going to keep saying that because you have nothing to stand on. Grade school indeed

Just now, cole256 said:

South Carolina?

Between not knowing who CPFD is and mistaking Cox/USC for South Carolina. I'll give Cole the benefit of the doubt and assume he is not older than 23.

Just now, LPTiger said:

Between not knowing who CPFD is and mistaking Cox/USC for South Carolina. I'll give Cole the benefit of the doubt and assume he is not older than 23.

You mean the game Jason Campbell played? 

Just now, bigbird said:

Sorry, meant GT

You see you got your little soldiers starting fights they can't back up 😂

2 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Maybe you aren't as smart as you thought you were. But I doubt I'm the person you want to pick fights with, unless you really have played or invested a bunch of time in football

5 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

He can go. 

Nah bro he wanted to win. My bad he WANTED to win. He gave his all. Smh

Like we didn't kill Finley after his game against bammer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, autan said:

Thorne and the offense put us in position to win. I know many (maybe most of you) don't like him but you have to take what the opposing defense gives you. PT is not trying to put up stats. He and all our players and most of our fans just want to win. RF and JJ (arguably our two best receivers) played well but missed some key passes. Great teams don't have those drops. The effort was there but unfortunately mistakes were there too.  WDE!!

I would same PT showed grit but a good amount of his passes were off. Guys wide open shouldn’t need any acrobats on a pitch and catch . Fairweather wide open ball was low the. The one he dropped across the middle for the wind knocked out.  Not sure how many have had that happen but it doesn’t feel great. Regarding JJ would have to watch it again. My two cents should have rode Alston down there

Just now, e808 said:

I would same PT showed grit but a good amount of his passes were off. Guys wide open shouldn’t need any acrobats on a pitch and catch . Fairweather wide open ball was low the. The one he dropped across the middle for the wind knocked out.  Not sure how many have had that happen but it doesn’t feel great. Regarding JJ would have to watch it again. My two cents should have rode Alston down there

He really didn't even supposed to throw that second one to fairweather, he was supposed to hit him early but throwing it to him late is actually a dick move. Luckily they didn't hit him the way he could have been hit

He really didn't even supposed to throw that second one to fairweather, he was supposed to hit him early but throwing it to him late is actually a dick move. Luckily they didn't hit him the way he could have been hit

Agreed

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't care how anybody try to dress it up that performance last night wasn't good. It wasn't even close to being good

Why take such offense to some of us saying  our quarterback played well last night? Not like knowing football requires a superior IQ. Final margin after facing a top team is a pretty good indicator.

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Why take such offense to some of us saying  our quarterback played well last night? Not like knowing football requires a superior IQ. Final margin after facing a top team is a pretty good indicator.

I didn't take offense to anything. I don't understand why some of you are so bothered by someone saying he didn't play well......wouldn't you expect that after the way he played. If anything this should have been used as something to wheel people in and then have something profound to say or some type of breakdown showing that even though the stats are trash it's actually a good game.....

Knowing football does take a reasonable IQ, I mean look at this argument.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Who is cpfd

Coach Patrick Fayne Dye

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Coach Patrick Fayne Dye

Wow....ok thanks bro! Didn't know Dye was walking around kicking so much ass 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan-0 said:

Despite his flaws and mistakes, he played well enough to put his team in a position to beat both Bama and UGA. What more could you ask of him? 

Win the game. Complete at least half his passes.

2 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Win the game. Complete at least half his passes.

That's not PT montra. He is a game manager. On the flip side he wasn't on the field on 4th and 31 or when the DBs busted the coverage for  bammer TD

Edited by NWALA Tiger