Payton Thorne

TexasTiger

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Don’t believe you. Went out of your way to say “horrible”. Okay though. Welcome to see things as you wish.

Went out of my way to say horrible? It took the same effort as to say great or bad.....that doesn't even make sense. But like I said nobody outside of an Auburn fan would watch that game look at those stats and come up with a good game. If anything that's going out of the way because you have to lie to yourself.

59 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

That's not PT montra. He is a game manager. On the flip side he wasn't on the field on 4th and 31 or when the DBs busted the coverage for  bammer TD

Oh agreed. But, given how close it was, if we even had a 1/2 competent passing game, we would’ve ran away with the game. 

45 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Went out of my way to say horrible? It took the same effort as to say great or bad.....that doesn't even make sense. But like I said nobody outside of an Auburn fan would watch that game look at those stats and come up with a good game. If anything that's going out of the way because you have to lie to yourself.

Just my 2 cents.. PT played as his talent allows. He won't win a game for u. He can manage a game w elite players around him. As  I posted earlier he would be a good 2nd string QB.  I didnt see Freezes offense this yr. Prob cause of personnel.We need to upgrade QB just like we need to upgrade  several other positions 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

27 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Just my 2 cents.. PT played as his talent allows. He won't win a game for u. He can manage a game w elite players around him. As  I posted earlier he would be a good 2nd string QB.  I didnt see Freezes offense this yr. Prob cause of personnel.We need to upgrade QB just like we need to upgrade  several other positions 

I agree with all of this. I wouldn't say a loss is just because of him or anything like that.

But the guy completed 30 percent of his passes and had 1rd and 2 picks....I just feel with stats like that somebody would expect some push back in saying he played a good game.

Two years ago Finley had 2td's 1 int playing on one leg getting blasted by a much better bammer defense and people, some of the same exact people had everything to say about him....but nobody can say PT didn't play well? Just doesn't make sense to me

• Like 1

It started off simple enough. I merely said this:

17 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I know he’s not a game changing talent, but I appreciate his heart. Didn’t have great stats passing, obviously, but he hasn’t had the best receivers, either. Plays hard, isn’t afraid to take a hit, wants to win and gives it what’s he’s got. He’s a gamer.

Didn't say he was great or even good-- in fact, I clarified he lacked "game changing talent." Didn't compare him to anybody. Just recognized he isn't afraid to take a hit. Had some key runs to keep drives alive, much as he has done much of the year. Through whatever limitations he has, the offense put us in a position to win a big game. I've always admired gritty QBs, especially those that lack top tier talent, but get by on toughness. Loved Phil Gargis (sorry @augolf1716) and Randy Walls who David House described as "tough as a dollar steak."

A simple post shouldn't be so controversial. But as often is the case, @cole256 felt the need to make it into something else. Claimed it was because he has a greater sense of fairness, consistency and, oh yeah, a superior "IQ." So, he says this:

"I don't see what that have[sic] to do with anything though, but what I do know is I watched this board kill Finley and RA for not being great and nobody came to save them. I watched Finley give a much better effort than this against this very team and after the game he was talked about like a dog.

But now we're going to pretend this guy player[sic] well? Sorry I'm not I'm going to be consistent and treat him like the other guys were treated."

I guess one can't just make a simple post, commending effort and grit without someone digging up other QB's performance in other games and claiming unfairness.

For the record, here are my most recent posts about TJ:

I always thought TJ had a great arm and could do pretty well with good blocking and wr talent. Happy for him this year. He took too many sacks. So did Thorne the first half of the season. 

But if we've got to compare, let's look at stats. 

In 2021, TJ was 54.7% passer who rushed for -36 yards. In the Bama game during regulation he led us on a 39 yard drive for a TD and a 5 yard drive (Tank run) after a starting in the red zone on the 21 yard line for FG. He had a better passing percentage, but rushed for -42 yards. We totaled 159 total yards including 4 overtimes. "Much better effort?" If you say so. But I have no desire to bash TJ. You brought him up. I wish him well. 

This year Thorne is a 62.3% passer with 520 yards rushing. As I said in the OP, the passing stats for the game were lacking, although we did have a long drive that was mostly passing. We scored 24 points. Had some significant drives. We had 18 first downs and over twice as many yards than in 2021. He had 57 yards rushing after taking a 10 yard sack, but those 57 yards were critical. He didn't put is in a position to win based on great passing talent. He did it with heart and toughness, which is all I really commended him for.

But this was just a simple recognition of toughness. No greatness claimed. You want to disagree? Fine. Got no problem with that. But at least disagree with what I said. Tell me you don't appreciate his heart. Tell me he's afraid to take a hit. Tell me he's not a gamer, because those things would be disagreeing with what I said. That requires reading and comprehension. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

He did it with heart and toughness, which is all I really commended him for.

Good stuff Tex. Guess my low IQ mistook spearheading 24 points vs playing Bammer plus heart and toughness as playing very well.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

It started off simple enough. I merely said this:

Didn't say he was great or even good-- in fact, I clarified he lacked "game changing talent." Didn't compare him to anybody. Just recognized he isn't afraid to take a hit. Had some key runs to keep drives alive, much as he has done much of the year. Through whatever limitations he has, the offense put us in a position to win a big game. I've always admired gritty QBs, especially those that lack top tier talent, but get by on toughness. Loved Phil Gargis (sorry @augolf1716) and Randy Walls who David House described as "tough as a dollar steak."

A simple post shouldn't be so controversial. But as often is the case, @cole256 felt the need to make it into something else. Claimed it was because he has a greater sense of fairness, consistency and, oh yeah, a superior "IQ." So, he says this:

"I don't see what that have[sic] to do with anything though, but what I do know is I watched this board kill Finley and RA for not being great and nobody came to save them. I watched Finley give a much better effort than this against this very team and after the game he was talked about like a dog.

But now we're going to pretend this guy player[sic] well? Sorry I'm not I'm going to be consistent and treat him like the other guys were treated."

I guess one can't just make a simple post, commending effort and grit without someone digging up other QB's performance in other games and claiming unfairness.

For the record, here are my most recent posts about TJ:

I always thought TJ had a great arm and could do pretty well with good blocking and wr talent. Happy for him this year. He took too many sacks. So did Thorne the first half of the season. 

But if we've got to compare, let's look at stats. 

In 2021, TJ was 54.7% passer who rushed for -36 yards. In the Bama game during regulation he led us on a 39 yard drive for a TD and a 5 yard drive (Tank run) after a starting in the red zone on the 21 yard line for FG. He had a better passing percentage, but rushed for -42 yards. We totaled 159 total yards including 4 overtimes. "Much better effort?" If you say so. But I have no desire to bash TJ. You brought him up. I wish him well. 

This year Thorne is a 62.3% passer with 520 yards rushing. As I said in the OP, the passing stats for the game were lacking, although we did have a long drive that was mostly passing. We scored 24 points. Had some significant drives. We had 18 first downs and over twice as many yards than in 2021. He had 57 yards rushing after taking a 10 yard sack, but those 57 yards were critical. He didn't put is in a position to win based on great passing talent. He did it with heart and toughness, which is all I really commended him for.

But this was just a simple recognition of toughness. No greatness claimed. You want to disagree? Fine. Got no problem with that. But at least disagree with what I said. Tell me you don't appreciate his heart. Tell me he's afraid to take a hit. Tell me he's not a gamer, because those things would be disagreeing with what I said. That requires reading and comprehension. 

Why would you post career percentages then go to individual games?  Since when did run attempts equal toughness. Standing in the pocket delivering throws while you are getting blasted is the toughest thing a QB can do. Not runningaway and scrambling for two yards.

That's so you in a nutshell though. But I'm not even going to get into all that just simply post my saying I have a greater IQ. 

Let's do that. Let's wager NEVER posting on here again. I prove that the back and forth started on you throwing insults and you prove it started because I said I had an higher IQ than everybody else. 

Do you accept? A simple yes or no

Edited by cole256

13 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Good stuff Tex. Guess my low IQ mistook spearheading 24 points vs playing Bammer plus heart and toughness as playing very well.

😂🤡

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Why would you post career percentages then go to individual games? That's so you. But I'm not even going to get into all that just simply post my saying I have a greater IQ. 

Let's do that. Let's wager NEVER posting on here again. I prove that the back and forth started on you throwing insults and you prove it started because I said I had an higher IQ than everybody else. 

Do you accept? A simple yes or no

I don’t know what your IQ is, but your syntax is often what I’d expect from someone with a pretty low one. Sub 100. Then again, that could be the emotional instability talking. Maybe you’re a genius, just disturbed.

I understand you trying to change the subject, though. You jumped in a thread, tried to derail it, made up arguments, argued against those made up arguments, hurled insults, declared victory, and now that I took the time to lay it out, you want to change the topic again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I don’t know what your IQ is, but your syntax is often what I’d expect from someone with a pretty low one. Sub 100. Then again, that could be the emotional instability talking. Maybe you’re a genius, just disturbed.

I understand you trying to change the subject, though. You jumped in a thread, tried to derail it, made up arguments, argued against those made up arguments, hurled insults, declared victory, and now that I took the time to lay it out, you want to change the topic again.

As expected, you misread something again. Just show the IQ stuff. Prove you aren't a liar. You mentioned insults, he insulted who? Prove what you say it's very easy

Edited by cole256

Thorne is Chris Todd.  He can be good but that’s his ceiling.  He did what he was asked to do yesterday.  It seemed like Auburn didn’t even try to pass for large portions of the 2nd half.  

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

Please shut up. You are dumb, I don't want to talk to you. You flag a post and call me arrogant because I reply back to you saying I can't read or comprehend. You really think you are supposed to talk and nobody should respond to you. Some of you mods let this go entirely to your head. You are an idiot. You aren't ANYTHING special in real life

You post in a thread I start, then tell me to shut up, you don't want to talk to me. Then you complain that I don't want anyone to respond to me. Call me dumb, an idiot, nothing, etc. The thread is riddled with insults from you. What is totally absent is you actually disagreeing with what I said in the OP. You can, if you want. That's fine. Do you?

"But this was just a simple recognition of toughness. No greatness claimed. You want to disagree? Fine. Got no problem with that. But at least disagree with what I said. Tell me you don't appreciate his heart. Tell me he's afraid to take a hit. Tell me he's not a gamer, because those things would be disagreeing with what I said. That requires reading and comprehension." 

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

You post in a thread I start, then tell me to shut up, you don't want to talk to me. Then you complain that I don't want anyone to respond to me. Call me dumb, an idiot, nothing, etc. The thread is riddled with insults from you. What is totally absent is you actually disagreeing with what I said in the OP. You can, if you want. That's fine. Do you?

"

But this was just a simple recognition of toughness. No greatness claimed. You want to disagree? Fine. Got no problem with that. But at least disagree with what I said. Tell me you don't appreciate his heart. Tell me he's afraid to take a hit. Tell me he's not a gamer, because those things would be disagreeing with what I said. That requires reading and comprehension." 

5 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Once again, Cole demonstrates he can neither read nor comprehend.

So this isn't the first thing you said? This isn't you insulting me?

Did I not ask you to stop with the insults and let's debate if you disagree and you didn't reply to that with another insult?

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Did I not ask you to stop with the insults and let's debate if you disagree and you didn't reply to that with another insult?

Count ‘em up. 

You still can't realize other people posted stuff in this thread besides you? I wasn't even talking to you when I originally posted so the question is why did you assume I was talking to you? And why would you start it with insults and not think I would insult you back? And why would you think you can insult someone and they not be allowed to insult you back?

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Count ‘em up. 

I don't even know what that means but I don't come on here and lie, I absolutely replied to an insult with an insult. And I will continue to do so. If someone insults me I will absolutely reply with an insult. But what I don't do is insult people first

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

You still can't realize other people posted stuff in this thread besides you? I wasn't even talking to you when I originally posted so the question is why did you assume I was talking to you? And why would you start it with insults and not think I would insult you back? And why would you think you can insult someone and they not be allowed to insult you back?

I haven’t tried to shut down your insults, have I? You’ve insulted me numerous times. I haven’t edited a one of them or threatened you in any way. Just pointing it out, Cole, since you seem oblivious.

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Said that to a condescending post that distorted the OP.

Ok the post where I wasn't even talking to you, you just assumed I was. But even if I was talking to you he didn't play a good game. He played bad, how else can I say he played bad.

You literally want to post things and feel like nobody can disagree with you. I don't think he played well. I think he played horrible, what makes your opinion more valuable than mine?