Payton Thorne

TexasTiger

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He better go after a guy that can process information, I know that. 

Yep and make things happen on the fly. I saw too many misreads last night that could’ve lead to some huge gains.

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Agree and have no clue why you are asking the minority question.

I asked because what if you are wrong and not the other person. But what did I say that had anything remotely close to inspiring insulting your IQ? I don't even know you

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Yep and make things happen on the fly. I saw too many misreads last night that could’ve lead to some huge gains.

I feel like we lost that game 3 different times last night....we looked like a joke. I literally couldn't believe it

• Like 2

Just now, cole256 said:

I feel like we lost that game 3 different times last night....we looked like a joke. I literally couldn't believe it

It was all around comedy hour or two. I am still shocked today how we let game like that slip away.

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Cool. I'm so down to talk football. This is my argument he only completed 30 percent of his passes 1td and 2 int. Under 100 yards. That td worked to where jj was butt naked wide open but had someone been covering him I don't know if we would have completed that....and also that catch was like 40 yards so if you take that one play away that's pretty much half of his completion yards.....that's just a bad game.

Let's say for some reason bammer QB had those stats and I heard a bammer say that he played a good game I would LMAO at them. In what world could that be a good game. 

Lastly I may be wrong but I remember people ripping tj a new one for games that he played that were better than this. RA as well, so why can we criticize those guys and nobody comes to the rescue but it's controversial to critics PT when clearly he didn't play well?

I agree his passing stats weren't good . Couple of rebuttal points. JJ dropped a TD and we had to settle for field goal. We also had at least 2 other drops. So his stats could have been better. But even with that, it wouldn't have even been good IMO, just so so.

He did make some tough runs and got the chains moving . For about 60 yds I believe . I throw the 2 INT out . 1 was hail Mary at end of 1st half. 2nd was throwing it up with 1 second on clock. 

To me it was typical game manager type game. Didn't really do anything to win the game nor was he the reason we lost. Kinda like he has been all year. Just not a difference maker. We need a playmaker

I guess the key word is horrible. 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I asked because what if you are wrong and not the other person. But what did I say that had anything remotely close to inspiring insulting your IQ? I don't even know you

I’ll just assume that I am not the “other person”. 

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I agree his passing stats weren't good . Couple of rebuttal points. JJ dropped a TD and we had to settle for field goal. We also had at least 2 other drops. So his stats could have been better. But even with that, it wouldn't have even been good IMO, just so so.

He did make some tough runs and got the chains moving . For about 60 yds I believe . I throw the 2 INT out . 1 was hail Mary at end of 1st half. 2nd was throwing it up with 1 second on clock. 

To me it was typical game manager type game. Didn't really do anything to win the game nor was he the reason we lost. Kinda like he has been all year. Just not a difference maker.

I guess the key word is horrible. 

I guess I could have said something different than horrible but when I saw the he played a very good game I was thinking I must be in the twilight zone. Just with how hard I've seen other QB's been treated on here no way I can sit back and let people pretend this was some heroic effort

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

I’ll just assume that I am not the “other person”. 

??? Ok whatever but I'm really wanting you to show me where you felt like I was talking down to you and your IQ. I want to discuss that so I can show you I didn't do anything close to the sort

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That’s the thing that drove me the most insane, we didn’t have to have all those crap the bed plays go our way, just one of them to go our way and we win.

Edited by PigskinPat
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

It was all around comedy hour or two. I am still shocked today how we let game like that slip away.

I was about to make some phone calls and my wife told me to wait.....I just knew she was crazy no way we lose and then they muffed the punt.....and I watched it unravel from there......couldn't believe it

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

That’s the thing that drove me the most insane, we didn’t have to have all those crap the bed moments go our way, just one of them to go our way and we win.

We had to work hard to lose that game. Put us in that scenario again and we couldn't lose that game if we tried. It's like hitting the lottery backwards or something.....in what world could they have that fourth down and really catch a td?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I guess I could have said something different than horrible but when I saw the he played a very good game I was thinking I must be in the twilight zone. Just with how hard I've seen other QB's been treated on here no way I can sit back and let people pretend this was some heroic effort

PT is what he is. Typical Big 10 type QB. One can make the argument that talent around him needs upgraded. It does... Still even with elite talent, to me his ceiling is 8 maybe 9 wins.

Just now, cole256 said:

??? Ok whatever but I'm really wanting you to show me where you felt like I was talking down to you and your IQ. I want to discuss that so I can show you I didn't do anything close to the sort

Sorta tongue in cheek or sarcastic Cole. I just find it humorous when people discuss IQ regarding understanding or enjoying football. No big deal here.

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Sorta tongue in cheek or sarcastic Cole. I just find it humorous when people discuss IQ regarding understanding or enjoying football. No big deal here.

Oh ok. Well when somebody accuses you of it and somebody else co signs it that can start a bunch of trouble for that person because nobody on the outside is going to view it as sarcasm.

Unfortunately on here is you aren't the most agreeable person people will say that about you and gang ups and stuff can happen. 

But cool I just wanted to make sure you didn't feel like I did that to you just because I disagreed with you. No worries.

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

We had to work hard to lose that game. Put us in that scenario again and we couldn't lose that game if we tried. It's like hitting the lottery backwards or something.....in what world could they have that fourth down and really catch a td?

Agree. It’s a bad analogy but it’s like throwing in all the ingredients you need for a cake into an oven, opening the door and a cake is miraculously in there. It’s like, how in the heck did that just happen?

We put all the “ingredients” out there and it somehow all came together into the epic debacle that we all witnessed.

Edited by PigskinPat

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

PT is what he is. Typical Big 10 type QB. One can make the argument that talent around him needs upgraded. It does... Still even with elite talent, to me his ceiling is 8 maybe 9 wins.

I still need to see more from him I guess to believe he'd be good with better talent around....It's just something about him....late in the game when they were calling pass plays I really felt like there was no way in hell we were going to complete anything.....I just don't think you're supposed to feel that way with your starting guy. 

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

Agree. It’s a bad analogy but it’s like throwing in all the ingredients you need for a cake into an oven, opening the door and a cake is miraculously in there. It’s like, how in the heck did that just happen?

We put all the “ingredients” out there and it somehow all came together into the epic debacle that we all witnessed.

And bammersare going to have this and the other one in 21 to hold on to forever. It's like their kick 6 smh

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I still need to see more from him I guess to believe he'd be good with better talent around....It's just something about him....late in the game when they were calling pass plays I really felt like there was no way in hell we were going to complete anything.....I just don't think you're supposed to feel that way with your starting guy. 

You feel that way cause he's not a difference maker. He may complete it, he may airmail it to the stands or the WR may drop it. All these things could happen with him and our passing game.

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

You feel that way cause he's not a difference maker. He may complete it, he may airmail it to the stands or the WR may drop it. All these things could happen with him and our passing game.

Well my buddy @bigbird compared him to Cox. Normally I agree with bird, I feel like we see the game of football similarly.....but I had to disagree with him on this one. The thing about Cox is I feltlike if there was a window he'll get it there and that's a game manager. But like you said with PT I don't know what might happen with him so I think he's a tier up under game manager, whatever that may be

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well my buddy @bigbird compared him to Cox. Normally I agree with bird, I feel like we see the game of football similarly.....but I had to disagree with him on this one. The thing about Cox is I feltlike if there was a window he'll get it there and that's a game manager. But like you said with PT I don't know what might happen with him so I think he's a tier up under game manager, whatever that may be

It's hard to compare the two because of whom they were passing to, but I see a lot of similarities in style of play. Maybe not necessarily mechanical attributes but some of the intangibles. BC was definitely tougher to bring down in the pocket. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It's hard to compare the two because of whom they were passing to, but I see a lot of similarities in style of play... maybe not necessarily mechanical attributes but some of the intangibles

Same grit.  Cox had way better pieces around him both at OL and WR.  Now, Cox looked like he was running through mud and Thorne can actually scoot.  But I do see the same determination.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Same grit.  Cox had way better pieces around him both at OL and WR.  Now, Cox looked like he was running through mud and Thorne can actually scoot.  But I do see the same determination.

To bird’s point, Cox looked a shade worse later in his career, but of course all those great wide receivers had graduated by then.

Cox seemed fragile; maybe that’s b/c we knew he had a medical disorder.

I just didn't see anything he did more tough than Finley did that bammer game but the consensus was Finley was soft and I guess you guys are saying PT is tough. I assume it has to be because of other games because there's no way we can look at each in their respective game and come to that conclusion

My take on PT is about appreciating his circumstances. He shows up on campus a few weeks before the first game with a new staff and 90 new teammates. He’s had a constant rotation at WR (not the greatest cast) and shuffling of his o line. Throw in the RB situation with JH missing time and Damari’s injury and shuffling of play calling between and Hugh and Monty. In full context that’s set up for disaster. But I feel like PT has weathered the storm and is just now settling into his role. 

He’s far from perfect and has had some shaky performances but I still believe he can be really effective if given the stability and support most QBs get. I’m great with bringing in a portal guy to compete with him but it’s fair to appreciate the mess he’s played in this season. (Same for Finley last year BTW) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I just didn't see anything he did more tough than Finley did that bammer game but the consensus was Finley was soft and I guess you guys are saying PT is tough. I assume it has to be because of other games because there's no way we can look at each in their respective game and come to that conclusion

I think PT is pretty tough for his size. I think he is listed at 6’2” and 210 lbs. 

There is no way he is that size, more like 6’ and 190lbs.

I have really liked his play since he was given the job F/T