Payton Thorne

TexasTiger

6 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

He is the proto typical gamer type. He won't win a game 4 u. Surround him with elite talent and win 8 or 9 games. Not a difference maker.  Your post is spot on IMO

I agree. I remember when we signed Thorne, I immediately went to the MSU boards to see what they thought and it was like you said. They said when he had NFL RB and WR, he got them to 11-2. Those went pro and he had Keon Coleman and PT also had some injuries and they went 5-7. They all said he was a game manager but was a kinda high IQ guy because his grandfather was a great HS coach and his Dad is a college HC. 

We need better for next year no doubt. Thorne would be an excellent #2 QB just off his experience alone. If we get a portal QB, I think Thorne will bolt like he did at MSU when Tucker didn't promise him the QB1 job. He'll be a grad transfer probably.

He definitely laid it all out there and I’m proud of the way he competed but he’s not irreplaceable. It wouldn’t hurt me at all if he decided to hit the portal or if we decided to hit the portal for another QB. The offense needs an overhaul specifically at QB and WR

5 hours ago, HabitualChiller said:

Eh. He still misses easy throws and is consistently inaccurate. I applaud his heart, but he's not that guy. 

He is exactly what u want... in a backup QB

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Gotta say, the dude catches a lot of grief and I know he’s not a game changing talent, but I appreciate his heart. Didn’t have great stats passing, obviously, but he hasn’t had the best receivers, either. Plays hard, isn’t afraid to take a hit, wants to win and gives it what’s he’s got. He’s a gamer.

No problem with him at all last night. Kid don’t mind turning it upfield.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

6/19 less than 100 yards. That’s a poor showing offensively. 

Bet you turn the weather channel on to see if it is raining rather than walking outside. He had a very good game last night.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

In your opinion, do you think Jalen Milroe for Bama has a brain? Just in this game alone he ran 2 yards past the LOS then threw a pass on 2 different occasions. How do you view him?

I haven't watch milroe enough to make a judgement. Yes him throwing beyond the LOS twice in a game is brainless.

My comment on thorne wasnt just about last night. I've watched him all season. I watched him run out of bounds on 4th down against LSU. I've watched take sacks when you absolutely can't and had the chance the throw the ball away. But then I've seen him run and try and truck two bama linebackers like tonight. Its like he doesn't get it most of the time and then out of nowhere light comes on....for a bit.

Thorne and the offense put us in position to win. I know many (maybe most of you) don't like him but you have to take what the opposing defense gives you. PT is not trying to put up stats. He and all our players and most of our fans just want to win. RF and JJ (arguably our two best receivers) played well but missed some key passes. Great teams don't have those drops. The effort was there but unfortunately mistakes were there too.  WDE!!

I just want to give Thorne a shout-out as well.  He played a good game, gave it all he had, and deserved that win.  Thorne has my respect.  He plays hard, doesn't make a ton of mistakes, and isn't afraid to take shots.  I like him and appreciate how he plays. 

• Like 2

The best part of his game is running the ball on called RPOs

But he can’t scramble very well. 

He was a decent placeholder for a season when Freeze missed his target in the portal.

We need an upgrade 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He's horrible. No way anybody can make him be anything more than that. Like let's be real

Once again, Cole demonstrates he can neither read nor comprehend.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

A very good game? 😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Bet you turn the weather channel on to see if it is raining rather than walking outside. He had a very good game last night.

Silly right, I'd say he played hard. Not necessarily the same as playing great. RA had some really bad stats last year but showed tremendous effort as well, played hard but not great.

And lets remember this is Auburn.

We aren't gonna have a great gameplan, we aren't gonna have more talent, we aren't even gonna make many high football IQ type plays. But we will get hard, and stay hard.

The Auburn way. ;) 

6 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Once again, Cole demonstrates he can neither read nor comprehend.

I get so tired of your my feeling is hurt shots just because someone doesn't agree with your idiotic posts. Shut the hell up,I have little patience for you today. 

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I get so tired of your my feeling is hurt shots just because someone doesn't agree with your idiotic posts. Shut the hell up,I have little patience for you today. 

Flag this post. Next time you’re whining that you’re picked on and misunderstood, this is an example of how you bring most of it in yourself. Arrogance and obtuseness all in one immature, arrested development package. You’re perpetually stuck in middle school.

6 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Silly right, I'd say he played hard. Not necessarily the same as playing great. RA had some really bad stats last year but showed tremendous effort as well, played hard but not great.

And lets remember this is Auburn.

We aren't gonna have a great gameplan, we aren't gonna have more talent, we aren't even gonna make many high football IQ type plays. But we will get hard, and stay hard.

The Auburn way. ;) 

Bro it's crazy....the way they pick and choose who to celebrate is damn near disgusting. We are going to pretend this guy had a good game? The way they talked about the previous QB's?  I can't stand that crap.....just be fair, be consistent.

This guy wants to fight because he's hurt that a mediocre talent that he said was a great basketball turned out to be trash.....so now he feels that if he says something that's stupid is called out he wants a back and forth......this stuff is so dumb. 

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Flag this post. Next time you’re whining that you’re picked on and misunderstood, this is an example of how you bring most of it in yourself. Arrogance and obtuseness all in one immature, arrested development package. You’re perpetually stuck in middle school.

Please shut up. You are dumb, I don't want to talk to you. You flag a post and call me arrogant because I reply back to you saying I can't read or comprehend. You really think you are supposed to talk and nobody should respond to you. Some of you mods let this go entirely to your head. You are an idiot. You aren't ANYTHING special in real life

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Please shut up. You are dumb, I don't want to talk to you. You flag a post and call me arrogant because I reply back to you saying I can't read or comprehend. You really think you are supposed to talk and nobody should respond to you. Some of you mods let this go entirely to your head. You are an idiot. You aren't ANYTHING special in real life

You can’t read, comprehend or manage your child-like emotions. You’re talking to me to tell me you don’t want to talk to me. Can’t even figure that one out.

Despite his flaws and mistakes, he played well enough to put his team in a position to beat both Bama and UGA. What more could you ask of him? 

• Like 1

Just now, TexasTiger said:

You can’t read, comprehend or manage your child-like emotions.

Ok cool and you are very dumb, you offer nothing to this board and you have a low IQ in sports and low IQ in general. You are like a child in the way you can't take a person disagreeing with your dumb points. Now cool we know how each other feel, you can stop writinganything towards me. Thanks

1 minute ago, Dan-0 said:

Despite his flaws and mistakes, he played well enough to put his team in a position to beat both Bama and UGA. What more could you ask of him? 

Exactly. No one said he was great. Didn’t say he’s a game changer. He has grit. Simply respected that. Hard to understand how folks get all torqued over that.