Payton Thorne

TexasTiger

Just now, cole256 said:

Ok cool and you are very dumb, you offer nothing to this board and you have a low IQ in sports and low IQ in general. You are like a child in the way you can't take a person disagreeing with your dumb points. Now cool we know how each other feel, you can stop writinganything towards me. Thanks

You argue like grade schooler. Early grades.

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Bro it's crazy....the way they pick and choose who to celebrate is damn near disgusting. We are going to pretend this guy had a good game? The way they talked about the previous QB's?  I can't stand that crap.....just be fair, be consistent.

This guy wants to fight because he's hurt that a mediocre talent that he said was a great basketball turned out to be trash.....so now he feels that if he says something that's stupid is called out he wants a back and forth......this stuff is so dumb. 

I'm too terrible with names to even keep up. 

There's maybe 3-5 people on this board that I'll get where they are coming from because I can remember many of their posts, everyone else I take 1 post at a time :lol: 

And my thoughts aren't even on PT this morning, just thinking I'd like to sit down and talk with a guy who thinks spying a QB on 4th and 31 is a genius move lol

Just now, TexasTiger said:

You argue like grade schooler. Early grades.

You say things like you are mentally challenged. You literally can't comprehend. Look at your last post....You argue like grade schooler....You sound like you should play the incredible Hulk when he's changed into Hulk. 

I don't care how bad your feelings are hurt this guy is horrible at QB. Insult me all you want, nothing will change that.

Just now, Mims44 said:

There's maybe 3-5 people on this board that I'll get where they are coming from because I can remember many of their posts, everyone else I take 1 post at a time :lol: 

And my thoughts aren't even on PT this morning, just thinking I'd like to sit down and talk with a guy who thinks spying a QB on 4th and 31 is a genius move lol

You wouldn't remember any of this guys post. He offers nothing.....but yes the play calls were crazy. How do you let a guy behind you? How do get a one on one match up? Why when we had the ball did we not run it? How did PT not know to look at the play clock and waste a time out? Why on some of his runs did he decide not to give it to the back? 

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You say things like you are mentally challenged. You literally can't comprehend. Look at your last post....You argue like grade schooler....You sound like you should play the incredible Hulk when he's changed into Hulk. 

I don't care how bad your feelings are hurt this guy is horrible at QB. Insult me all you want, nothing will change that.

You project a lot. 

The passing game has a LOT of room for improvement. It is a major weakness. Part of that is on Thorne but part of it is also on the coaches, O-line, and receivers. 

I hope CHF can bring in a better QB that can start for 2024, but if not then at least we know we have Thorne with hopefully young talented receivers.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

You project a lot. 

Ok. Just read your posts on here and look at how dumb you sound. Your very first post towards me were insults and you really think that I shouldn't have anything to say back to you.....😂

You really think you sit on a throne or something on here. Funny guy. But I'm a kid right? You start stuff up because I didn't agree with you, you insult me, and now you want to keep going back and forth, I know you are just hoping somebody jumps in and try to help you. 

Be a mod. Stop quoting me. Move on. Or better yet show that you have an IQ, let's debate it. Formulate anything thoughtful to disagree with me saying he's a horrible QB. 

Stop being a child and making everything personal because your feelings are hurt because I told you whatever his name is wasn't a good basketball player

55 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He's horrible. No way anybody can make him be anything more than that. Like let's be real

I'm curious, and too lazy and indifferent to look it up, did you feel the same way about Bo Nix? Cause a lot of people did, while totally ignoring what a tire fire our OL was.

Now don't get me wrong, he does hold the ball too long too often, stares down receivers, and makes the wrong read more than he should, but dude is a transfer and had little time to get up to speed with his new teammates, who are also getting use to an entirely new staff.

Personally I think Thorne could be a solid game manager type QB (ala most QBs $puat has had prior to Tugabeluga) with more time in the system, better OL and WRs. But hey, you can trash a player all you want.

18 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Oh and I forget the exact time in game but we were killing it running the ball, then out of the blue we decide to pass it 3 plays in a row when clearly the QB isn't having the best game but on top of that we motioned the hb out in slot.....now EVERYBODY knows we are passing! And we did the motion stuff 2 or 3 times in a row.....we had them on their heels, they HAD to be thinking run and we just took that advantage away from ourselves why exactly? 

I don't know what our coaches were thinking

Playing QB at this level is exceedingly difficult when you have a solid offensive line and receivers who catch 95% of the easy, non-contested balls in their hands and 50% of the contested balls.   Our offensive line is improved over last year but good defensive fronts like aTm, Ole Miss and Bama were troublesome.  If Fairweather catches that throw last night he probably scores.  We maybe have 2 50/50 catches this entire year.  PT was wearing a boot earlier in the week and came out last night, as he has all year, and gave us 110%.  He missed some throws, no doubt.   It happens at this level.  But, if our D doesn't give up three straight scores to end the game against UGA and a 4th and 31, we would have beaten both teams in the SEC Championship game.  PT doesn't play on that side of the ball.  If CPFD were still around and heard some of you speak about PT like that, at a minimum, you would face a very tough conversation and perhaps an arse whipping.     

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sizzle said:

He definitely laid it all out there and I’m proud of the way he competed but he’s not irreplaceable. It wouldn’t hurt me at all if he decided to hit the portal or if we decided to hit the portal for another QB. The offense needs an overhaul specifically at QB and WR

Ehhh, OL and WR

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ok. Just read your posts on here and look at how dumb you sound. Your very first post towards me were insults and you really think that I shouldn't have anything to say back to you.....😂

You really think you sit on a throne or something on here. Funny guy. But I'm a kid right? You start stuff up because I didn't agree with you, you insult me, and now you want to keep going back and forth, I know you are just hoping somebody jumps in and try to help you. 

Be a mod. Stop quoting me. Move on. Or better yet show that you have an IQ, let's debate it. Formulate anything thoughtful to disagree with me saying he's a horrible QB. 

Stop being a child and making everything personal because your feelings are hurt because I told you whatever his name is wasn't a good basketball player

Hard to debate those who can neither read nor comprehend. If you can do both, read the OP. Pretty simple & straightforward. Didn’t overstate his skill set or ability, just a fan appreciating his effort. Most people understood it. A few folks don’t seem to. Wasn’t particularly controversial. Didn’t necessarily provoke a response from someone.

BTW, I see your still worked up over a conversation I’d forgotten till you brought it up. 🤣

Just now, gman87 said:

I'm curious, and too lazy and indifferent to look it up, did you feel the same way about Bo Nix? Cause a lot of people did, while totally ignoring what a tire fire our OL was.

Now don't get me wrong, he does hold the ball too long too often, stares down receivers, and makes the wrong read more than he should, but dude is a transfer and had little time to get up to speed with his new teammates, who are also getting use to an entirely new staff.

Personally I think Thorne could be a solid game manager type QB (ala most QBs $puat has had prior to Tugabeluga) with more time in the system, better OL and WRs. But hey, you can trash a player all you want.

No I didn't think Bo was horrible but he wasn't great either. He's not the best at going thru progressions and he's not accurate deep. But he was 300% better than the guy we have now. Also the previous QB's all faced the same hardships about playing with new guys and not having time...actually they faced more hardships because the o line is better this year than it was for previous guys. 

I don't see what that have to do with anything though, but what I do know is I watched this board kill Finley and RA for not being great and nobody came to save them. I watched Finley give a much better effort than this against this very team and after the game he was talked about like a dog.

But now we're going to pretend this guy player well? Sorry I'm not I'm going to be consistent and treat him like the other guys were treated. And if you feel like saying a guy played horrible when he played horrible is trashing a guy then that's your opinion but I don't agree.

Just like I don't agree with your assessment of comparing PT with any QB at bammer he's not in the same stratosphere as hurts, young, or the guy they have now but that's just my opinion

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Hard to debate those who can neither read nor comprehend. If you can do both, read the OP. Pretty simple & straightforward. Didn’t overstate his skill set or ability, just a fan appreciating his effort. Most people understood it. A few folks don’t seem to. Wasn’t particularly controversial. Didn’t necessarily provoke a response from someone.

BTW, I see your still worked up over a conversation I’d forgotten till you brought it up. 🤣

Exactly. So like I said you didn't have a debate, you literally came with the intentions of starting anargument slinging insults as you are still doing now, because you are a clown. And that's fine most of us know exactly what you are. But like I said you can move on. 

It's funny you just lied and said you forgot about that convo. It's funny because you can't see how logically that can't be true because you first post you said I can't read or comprehend as usual.....So then what were you talking about?  And you do realize people posted after you right? So why did you assume I was even speaking to you because I wasn't? 

How dare anybody disagree with the all powerful mod right? 😂

17 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Playing QB at this level is exceedingly difficult when you have a solid offensive line and receivers who catch 95% of the easy, non-contested balls in their hands and 50% of the contested balls.   Our offensive line is improved over last year but good defensive fronts like aTm, Ole Miss and Bama were troublesome.  If Fairweather catches that throw last night he probably scores.  We maybe have 2 50/50 catches this entire year.  PT was wearing a boot earlier in the week and came out last night, as he has all year, and gave us 110%.  He missed some throws, no doubt.   It happens at this level.  But, if our D doesn't give up three straight scores to end the game against UGA and a 4th and 31, we would have beaten both teams in the SEC Championship game.  PT doesn't play on that side of the ball.  If CPFD were still around and heard some of you speak about PT like that, at a minimum, you would face a very tough conversation and perhaps an arse whipping.     

I don't know who cpfd is but I'm sure I'm not getting my ass whipped. And I'm sure everybody on the team wanted to win, like I said I watched other QB's on here face the wrath, I'm going to be consistent, I can't control what other people do but I can point out stuff and control what I say. I don't care how anybody try to dress it up that performance last night wasn't good. It wasn't even close to being good

Just now, cole256 said:

Exactly. So like I said you didn't have a debate, you literally came with the intentions of starting anargument slinging insults as you are still doing now, because you are a clown. And that's fine most of us know exactly what you are. But like I said you can move on. 

It's funny you just lied and said you forgot about that convo. It's funny because you can't see how logically that can't be true because you first post you said I can't read or comprehend as usual.....So then what were you talking about?  And you do realize people posted after you right? So why did you assume I was even speaking to you because I wasn't? 

How dare anybody disagree with the all powerful mod right? 😂

Your reading and comprehension problems are longstanding and painfully consistent. But I don’t make the mental notes and hold on to every stupid thing you say. 

You’re obsessed with mod status, even though I’ve never brought it up to you and engage folks civilly who disagree with me all the time. You seem to really be struggling today.

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No I didn't think Bo was horrible but he wasn't great either. He's not the best at going thru progressions and he's not accurate deep. But he was 300% better than the guy we have now. Also the previous QB's all faced the same hardships about playing with new guys and not having time...actually they faced more hardships because the o line is better this year than it was for previous guys. 

I don't see what that have to do with anything though, but what I do know is I watched this board kill Finley and RA for not being great and nobody came to save them. I watched Finley give a much better effort than this against this very team and after the game he was talked about like a dog.

But now we're going to pretend this guy player well? Sorry I'm not I'm going to be consistent and treat him like the other guys were treated. And if you feel like saying a guy played horrible when he played horrible is trashing a guy then that's your opinion but I don't agree.

Just like I don't agree with your assessment of comparing PT with any QB at bammer he's not in the same stratosphere as hurts, young, or the guy they have now but that's just my opinion

Cool, I thought Bo had the same ability he is showing this year but that our OL was a hot mess while he was here which made him look 100% worse than he is. I was comparing Thorne to McCarron and McElroy, which I still think, surround him with similar WRs and OL and I think he's plenty good.

Your reading and comprehension problems are longstanding and painfully consistent. But I don’t make the mental notes and hold on to every stupid thing you say. 

You’re obsessed with mod status, even though I’ve never brought it up to you and engage folks civilly who disagree with me all the time. You seem to really be struggling today.

You keep trying and keep swinging and missing. If you have problems with people disagreeing with you, you should just not post

Just now, cole256 said:

You keep trying and keep swinging and missing. If you have problems with people disagreeing with you, you should just not post

Like I said, you project a lot. Years of therapy may help, but they’re not miracle workers.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

IMO, Thorne is Burger or Cox without the supporting cast. 

That's disrespecting Cox IMO. He was one of my favorite QB's. PT wasn't that last night

Like I said, you project a lot. Years of therapy may help, but they’re not miracle workers.

Ok. But just keep your feelings in that special place so you don't feel hurt all the time. One day you will toughen up

Just now, cole256 said:

Ok. But just keep your feelings in that special place so you don't feel hurt all the time. One day you will toughen up

Says the most delicate flower on the forum.

• Haha 1