Payton Thorne

TexasTiger

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I know it's a ridiculous reach, it was that ridiculous when you said it about them. Hilarious.

So what can we do to get closer that Kentucky didn't do. 

BUILD! Which is what the coaches are doing. 
You clearly can’t understand that there may be a legitimate reason as to why the coaches have chosen this path. I believe every scenario as to why your plan COULD be a poor idea has been addressed. So you either can’t or don’t want to wrap your head around it. 

Enjoy your pointless rant!

6 minutes ago, aujohnson said:

Thanks for proving what I said, Levis didn’t do anything but almost repeat what they did 3 years before he got there. 👍🏼

He did similar (a bit better) what they managed the last time they got a transfer in Terry Wilson, originally at Oregon. And leading a Kentucky team to their 2nd 10 win season in over 40 years is prolly a huge deal there.

And it's just not accurate to say Kentucky is no closer than they were. Historically a bottom feeder they have been a decent team for awhile now. Which is a pretty hard hump to get over for a lot of teams.

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

I read the article where freeze said he's pretty much scared to bring anybody else in because he would lose PT and the other guy..... To me that's pathetic but hey I can't tell him how to feel. 

Reality is we have too many wr to keep them all happy, somebody is going to leave but at least one of them needs to be a star. We are going to have to target throwing down field alot more this coming up year. It's going to be a very important year, we are going to have to look like a top tier offense no ifs ands or buts. We are gambling the future with PT and whoever the back up is. 

WW is apparently a near top 150 prospect. The tape I've seen on him online is more like a highlight reel than what you'd use to gauge a players abilities. But the high ranking suggests talent.

Maybe Freeze is expecting WW to be a backup coming in as a freshman? It's kinda rare, but not as much nowadays as back in the day.

This past year made me think HG just isn't high on Freezes list, so it's gotta be faith in WW right?

6 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

WW is apparently a near top 150 prospect. The tape I've seen on him online is more like a highlight reel than what you'd use to gauge a players abilities. But the high ranking suggests talent.

Maybe Freeze is expecting WW to be a backup coming in as a freshman? It's kinda rare, but not as much nowadays as back in the day.

This past year made me think HG just isn't high on Freezes list, so it's gotta be faith in WW right?

I’m hoping he can at least get some development time during his 4 allowed games if they decide to go the redshirt route. Not sure that seems realistic with what we saw on HG, but it’s a different year and there may be  lots of differences is the way things are handled in year 2. 🤷🏻‍♂️

21 minutes ago, aujohnson said:

BUILD! Which is what the coaches are doing. 
You clearly can’t understand that there may be a legitimate reason as to why the coaches have chosen this path. I believe every scenario as to why your plan COULD be a poor idea has been addressed. So you either can’t or don’t want to wrap your head around it. 

Enjoy your pointless rant!

You entered into the conversation without anybody asking your opinion. You still didn't make any points, I just used your logic to show how dumb it was because you couldn't rebuttal. You talked yourself into a corner you can't get out of. 

Can you point out if they brought in somebody it wouldn't be building? No you can't. Have you made one point that happens that wouldn't happen if someone was brought in? No.

We all agreed that Hugh was going with PT BEFORE you even posted. You haven't started one reason as to why is a good idea to not add talent. So what new did you bring in?  Absolutely nothing. Or I guess you would say the talk about money that you don't know anything about. 

Which is why I repeated to you what was said so you could just stop talking and leave..... There is no logic to saying a guy didn't start for his former school so what could he do here. And guess what after all of your pointless talking that still hold true. 

So THANK YOU for ending your talk. I look forward to you not posting again. 

27 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

I hope he can be the 2 for reps I guess but he's definitely not good enough to play a big time game right now.

29 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Hey look how far this board has came? You remember how they would do a QB that can run a bit but not that good at throwing the ball?

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You entered into the conversation without anybody asking your opinion. You still didn't make any points, I just used your logic to show how dumb it was because you couldn't rebuttal. You talked yourself into a corner you can't get out of. 

Can you point out if they brought in somebody it wouldn't be building? No you can't. Have you made one point that happens that wouldn't happen if someone was brought in? No.

We all agreed that Hugh was going with PT BEFORE you even posted. You haven't started one reason as to why is a good idea to not add talent. So what new did you bring in?  Absolutely nothing. Or I guess you would say the talk about money that you don't know anything about. 

Which is why I repeated to you what was said so you could just stop talking and leave..... There is no logic to saying a guy didn't start for his former school so what could he do here. And guess what after all of your pointless talking that still hold true. 

So THANK YOU for ending your talk. I look forward to you not posting again. 

What corner am I in? 

You said Levis changed their program and I showed you that wasn’t true. 

My point was this is all about investing and the people with the money think your idea is hot garbage. 

That’s all I was trying to explain to you. 

I’ve been around your type before and I should have known you couldn’t understand it if you didn’t come up with it. 

1 hour ago, aujohnson said:

What corner am I in? 

You said Levis changed their program and I showed you that wasn’t true. 

My point was this is all about investing and the people with the money think your idea is hot garbage. 

That’s all I was trying to explain to you. 

I’ve been around your type before and I should have known you couldn’t understand it if you didn’t come up with it. 

Again with another personal shot.... Show where I said levis changed the program.... I wouldn't ever want to sign saying I came up with anything you expressed. But you don't know people like me, you probably should just stick to analyzing yourself, because analyzing other people and football is not your thing. 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Bickering needs to stop its gotten old and tiresome.

Thread with great intentions gone astray. Definitely needs to shut down while we are beating Maryland.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I hope he can be the 2 for reps I guess but he's definitely not good enough to play a big time game right now.

Oh I'm sure no matter how great he can be WW isn't ready now. I haven't looked at our schedule but normally we get multiple cupcakes to start a season with. Maybe by game four you can get a freshman to be comfy or semi-comfortable being a number 2. At least I imagine that's the hope.

Also gotta hope PT stays healthy... I don't want them playing him scared, but I also don't wanna see him hurt when we've got so little experience behind him.

No clue whats up with Holden, lotta hype around the dude when recruited and just crickets since Freeze got hired. Maybe just not his type of QB?

1 minute ago, Mims44 said:

Oh I'm sure no matter how great he can be WW isn't ready now. I haven't looked at our schedule but normally we get multiple cupcakes to start a season with. Maybe by game four you can get a freshman to be comfy or semi-comfortable being a number 2. At least I imagine that's the hope.

Also gotta hope PT stays healthy... I don't want them playing him scared, but I also don't wanna see him hurt when we've got so little experience behind him.

No clue whats up with Holden, lotta hype around the dude when recruited and just crickets since Freeze got hired. Maybe just not his type of QB?

Well as far as hype....I mean come on, we hyped up PT after the bammer game.... We are definitely going to hype up guys that we like. 

I guess the main thing that bothers me is we seemed to be running PT more and talking the ball out of his hands to get better. But mostly just the fact he will have more run attempts really really worries me. Second is, is he ready for this, having to still throw accurate after a 30 yard scramble is going to be tough. 

I just really really really don't want to be left without a QB during the season when it starts

• Haha 1