What does the loss say about Kirby

bishoptf

I thought I would throw this out there since it's an interesting topic. No doubt Kirby has build a good program but the fact that the SEC east has been pretty weak lately has helped him win a lot of games, but I am curious as to what the temperament of the fan base is for uga since I believe it makes Kirby 1-5 against Saban and 0-4 in the seccg. Pretty sure they are not wanting to get rid of him but so far he has been unable to beat saban in the seccg and you would think with all that talent you would at least win some games, lol.

1 hour ago, bishoptf said:

I thought I would throw this out there since it's an interesting topic. No doubt Kirby has build a good program but the fact that the SEC east has been pretty weak lately has helped him win a lot of games, but I am curious as to what the temperament of the fan base is for uga since I believe it makes Kirby 1-5 against Saban and 0-4 in the seccg. Pretty sure they are not wanting to get rid of him but so far he has been unable to beat saban in the seccg and you would think with all that talent you would at least win some games, lol.

For all the heat Gus gets. I still think he has the most wins against Saban if I am not mistaken. That’s why coaching still matters even when u have talent

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

For all the heat Gus gets. I still think he has the most wins against Saban if I am not mistaken. That’s why coaching still matters even when u have talent

Yeah I think gus had a couple wins against saban but his record overall against lswho, uga and bama are pretty bad...it was atrocious against uga. I just was wondering how restless the natives were. I mean 0-4 in seccg against saban is pretty bad and some years they had better players. 

Means Kirby is the second best coach in college football, like he was before this season. 

Hard to complain about losing to the greatest of all time. And once Saban retires, Kirby will be the clear number one. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Yeah I think gus had a couple wins against saban but his record overall against lswho, uga and bama are pretty bad...it was atrocious against uga. I just was wondering how restless the natives were. I mean 0-4 in seccg against saban is pretty bad and some years they had better players. 

If u take UGA out it’s not nearly as bad.  He has 3 wins versus Saban and everything is gonna go through him until he retires. Kirby just had his number. I know this is about Kirby. Hopefully, his shortcomings benefits Auburn 

Edited by e808

People are asking the same thing about Ryan Day at Ohio State. Beats everybody except Michigan.

Thing is, 99.99999% of programs would love to have their record.

Edited by AURex
  • Like 2

No shame on Kirby.  Saban is just the best ever.  Like Belichick.  Love 'em or hate 'em. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AURex said:

People are asking the same thing about Ryan Day at Ohio State. Beats everybody except Michigan.

Thing is, 99.99999% of programs would love to have their record.

Except Ryan Day couldn't win anywhere else. Literally stepped in to Urban's shoes and has kept them going but he's not capable of winning the big games.

The natives over here in GA are PO'd, but right now just at the playoff committee, and the SEC officials. They haven't started on Kirby yet, but let him drop about three games one year, and they'll turn on him like a snake on hot pavement. 

• Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 7:19 PM, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Except Ryan Day couldn't win anywhere else. Literally stepped in to Urban's shoes and has kept them going but he's not capable of winning the big games.

Um, I'm curious what track record you are basing this opinion on. This is his only HC gig so far and he's only a couple of years into it. Gauging his ability to win against Cheater U Michigan is not exactly apples to apples.

I have no favorite here. I've disliked Tosu since the days of Woody "Hate" Hayes, and to me Michigan with Harbaw is like "Bama of the North." Bundle them up with Pervert Penn State and you got a really lovely playpen.

And beginning next year they'll have the mighty Condoms from the PAC12 to make it a foursome! hahaha

All of this falls in the W.T.F.Cares bucket.

On 12/5/2023 at 6:19 PM, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Jim Harbaugh said that Ryan Day was born on 3rd base but swears he hit a triple.

On 12/5/2023 at 2:51 PM, bishoptf said:

Who would Georgia hire that could recruit better, coach better and win more games? Kirby is pretty young and since he is a former Georgia player he is very unlikely to ever leave for another college job. Maybe NFL job but not college. I seriously don't think Georgia could find a coach to check all those boxes.

• Thanks 1

To me, all the loss says about Kirby is he is 29-1 in his last 30 games. Remarkable run by any stretch. 

• Like 3

To answer the OP, it says that Saban owns Smart in Atlanta on the 1st Saturday of December. That’s about it. If the CFP committee had actually put the 4 best teams in, Kirby would’ve been set up for an eventual rematch against Bama in January, where he would likely have exacted some revenge.

Saban at Bama in turf dome games is basically an automatic W. Which is why I think Michigan will give Bama fits in Pasadena. No turf, no dome. No prollem.

Edited by tigeraddikt
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

To answer the OP, it says that Saban owns Smart in Atlanta on the 1st Saturday of December. That’s about it. If the CFP committee had actually put the 4 best teams in, Kirby would’ve been set up for an eventual rematch against Bama in January, where he would likely have exacted some revenge.

Saban at Bama in turf dome games is basically an automatic W. Which is why I think Michigan will give Bama fits in Pasadena. No turf, no dome. No prollem.

I think Michigan wins it all. That team is strong and just pushes opponents around. Their offensive line is unbelievable. I know they stole signs but all their winning lines up when JJ McCarthy took over at QB. I think they're good enough to have won without cheating. If they get by Alabama, I believe they will suffocate the Washington/Texas winner.

Saban has been given a lot of help to get to where he is today. He's got the rings....but the checkbook is slam full of notations. 

• Facepalm 1

I'm not wiling to concede Saban is the best ever but I can concede that Saban, since coming to Alabama, is the best ever.   Look at his Michigan State teams -- Michigan State has a proud history.   You know how many games he lost each year there?   5, 6, 5, 6, 2.  In years 3 and 4 he still lost nearly half his games.  How about at LSU?   4, 3, 5, 1, 3.   In year 3 at LSU he lost 5 games.   In the NFL, 15-17.   Now once he got to Bama, he has 13 straight years of no more than 2 loses.    Did he suddenly become a much better coach once he got to Bama?   Or once he got to Bama, was he suddenly equipped with much better players?  He got to Alabama after they had just suffered through later years Malzhan and Harsin times 10.   Their many, many boosters were sick and tired of losing, and they set out to make sure he had the very best players.  Just look at the number of players Bama has in the NFL.   Well you say that is because Saban coached them up....   BS.   Do you think he taught Devonta Smith his route running ability?   Or Jalen how to play QB (remember Jalen had to leave because he couldn't even break the starting lineup).   Saban is a very good defensive backs and overall football coach, but you give Mark Stoops Saban's roster, and he too looks like one of the best ever.     

• Like 2

Kirby as a head coach is 93-16 with 2 NCs and only 1 bowl loss and the NC game loss to Bama.  I would say that is pretty damn good but I am just a bammer on an Auburn website. Seriously, he is good and Auburn interviewed him but chose Gus.

On 12/5/2023 at 12:51 PM, bishoptf said:

Yes, the East has been relatively weak during Smart's time at UGA but he has recruited well & accumulated enough talent there to transform them into a perennial powerhouse.  No, he's not going to be fired no matter how restless the natives become -- results matter & 29 in a row going for a 3-peat is ample proof.  What I find remarkable about his 1-5 record against uat, only 1 game has occurred during the regular season.  How does that happen?  They (both UGA & uat) need to schedule each other more often.     

Saban is the GOAT. period. Some of you can keep lying to yourself all you want. He is the GOAT and when he retires you will see celebration(s) and a shift in college football. Kirby is the second best coach in college football. period. Yes some of you can wear your orange and blue glasses all day, but he had an unprecedented run. It is what it is. You guys are going to quickly find out that staying on the top is much harder than you think, irrelevant of talent and players.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1