4 Short months

LPTiger

It was the end of July 2023 and the president's son thought he was attending a hearing that would end his criminal troubles once and for all.   His lawyers and the DOJ had crafted a deal so unique that the judge said she had never seen one like it.   So, she tasked her law clerks and staff with research to find something similar.   They struck out.  So, in open court, she asked the lifelong prosecutors from our DOJ, whether they had ever seen one like it.   They had to confess -- "no, your honor."   And, just that quick the president's son's get out of jail free card, was torn up.

Now a short 4 months later, Hunter Biden faces 9 new criminal charges and 17 years in prison.  In some ways, this is a great day for our country.   Justice delayed isn't always justice denied.   Now, Mr. Biden has to face the music.   Unlike many criminal charges, these do not leave much wiggle room.   Did you earn income, yes or no?  Did you timely file tax returns and timely pay your taxes, yes or no?   For 6 straight years, Mr. Biden's answers are yes, no, no.   It is hard to characterize 6 years as anything other than intentional.  

In one significant way, this is a very bad day for our country.   We were one hearing away, with an overworked, too busy or too lazy Article III judge, from Mr. Biden getting away with all of it because of who he was and not because of what he did  or didn't do (BTW, he did get away with being charged for the first 2 years because the DOJ failed to get a tolling agreement on the statute of limitations).  It is still hard to believe that our DOJ was willing to look the other way.   If not for the 2 whistleblowers, the judge may well have not been as on top of her game and the question may not have been asked.   If not for the whistleblowers, DOJ would have looked the other way.   It begs the question, to what else have they turned their back?

• Like 3

This is only the tip of the ice berg so to speak.  Our DOJ (or I should say Biden’s DOJ) has been slow playing this investigation since 2019, before the 2020 election, and was in a full blown coverup until those whistleblowers stepped forward.  Thank God for the integrity of those two investigators.

Bank records have been uncovered to prove a link between monies received from China given directly to Joe.  An impeachment vote will happen this month and regardless of the outcome of the vote, Joe Biden is toast.  Over 70% of the population believes Joe is involved in Hunter’s business including 40% of Democrats. And what does Joe say:

You will not see one lefty on this board acknowledge Joe might have been involved in Hunter’s business dealings.  It goes beyond a cult.

• Like 2

As our Congress takes turns investigating, impeaching, and indicting one another, our nation burns down to rubble. Rome: The Sequel

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

As our Congress takes turns investigating, impeaching, and indicting one another, our nation burns down to rubble. Rome: The Sequel

Do you really think this is a tit for tat investigation?

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Irrelevant the cause or legitimacy of it. We have a Congress completely focused on investigating, indicting, and impeaching. Our nation is crumbling before us. They are there to do the work of the people and are failing at that. 

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes, so if everyone can agree that hunters a corrupt and total train wreck, and trump is a traitor with no sense of right or wrong - can we ship them to Antarctica  and move on? 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, LPTiger said:

It was the end of July 2023 and the president's son thought he was attending a hearing that would end his criminal troubles once and for all.   His lawyers and the DOJ had crafted a deal so unique that the judge said she had never seen one like it.   So, she tasked her law clerks and staff with research to find something similar.   They struck out.  So, in open court, she asked the lifelong prosecutors from our DOJ, whether they had ever seen one like it.   They had to confess -- "no, your honor."   And, just that quick the president's son's get out of jail free card, was torn up.

Now a short 4 months later, Hunter Biden faces 9 new criminal charges and 17 years in prison.  In some ways, this is a great day for our country.   Justice delayed isn't always justice denied.   Now, Mr. Biden has to face the music.   Unlike many criminal charges, these do not leave much wiggle room.   Did you earn income, yes or no?  Did you timely file tax returns and timely pay your taxes, yes or no?   For 6 straight years, Mr. Biden's answers are yes, no, no.   It is hard to characterize 6 years as anything other than intentional.  

In one significant way, this is a very bad day for our country.   We were one hearing away, with an overworked, too busy or too lazy Article III judge, from Mr. Biden getting away with all of it because of who he was and not because of what he did  or didn't do (BTW, he did get away with being charged for the first 2 years because the DOJ failed to get a tolling agreement on the statute of limitations).  It is still hard to believe that our DOJ was willing to look the other way.   If not for the 2 whistleblowers, the judge may well have not been as on top of her game and the question may not have been asked.   If not for the whistleblowers, DOJ would have looked the other way.   It begs the question, to what else have they turned their back?

You and I both know that he will never see a verdict of 17 years in prison for tax charges over taxes that have now been paid with penalties.  The "whistleblowers" had absolutely nothing to do with the judge postponing the plea deal.  In fact, their testimony concerning David Weiss has been refuted in every way possible. They provided no information that was part of the judge's questioning during the plea hearing. The newly filed tax charges total 9 in all and consist of 3 felonies and 6 misdemeanors.  By the time this comes to trial, the most likely outcome will still be either no jail time or a short time in jail, followed by home confinement and probation.  But for his last name, there would be no ridiculous gun charges for lying on a purchasing form.  That charge is almost exclusively brought when another crime has been committed with the firearm that was purchased.

Prosecutors are alleging that Hunter evaded paying $1.4 million in taxes between 2016 and 2019, all of which has now been paid.  Most of the evidence they are using comes from the book that he wrote detailing his dumb****ery.  Nobody is claiming that he did no wrong.  Also true is that nobody has claimed that he obtained any of the money upon which he owed taxes on illegally.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Half the charges are for overstating deductions.   Do you really believe that there is anyone with that kind of income that couldn't be charged with that crime around D.C.?

6 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Yes, so if everyone can agree that hunters a corrupt and total train wreck, and trump is a traitor with no sense of right or wrong - can we ship them to Antarctica  and move on? 

No, because we voted for corrupt individuals and to let them go because it is too inconvenient to admit we did is *not what America is all about*.

I know you mentioned Hunter, but come on….if you believe Joe isn’t so deep in the scheme you have lost touch with reality.

8 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Irrelevant the cause or legitimacy of it. We have a Congress completely focused on investigating, indicting, and impeaching. Our nation is crumbling before us. They are there to do the work of the people and are failing at that. 

Same.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Half the charges are for overstating deductions.   Do you really believe that there is anyone with that kind of income that couldn't be charged with that crime around D.C.?

It would be a good start.  We should look the other way when it comes to the highest elected official in our government?

18 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No, because we voted for corrupt individuals and to let them go because it is too inconvenient to admit we did is *not what America is all about*.

I know you mentioned Hunter, but come on….if you believe Joe isn’t so deep in the scheme you have lost touch with reality.

@auburnatl1 did suggest shipping them to Antarctica. Not exactly letting them go. 😅

• Like 1

You and I both know that he will never see a verdict of 17 years in prison for tax charges over taxes that have now been paid with penalties.  The "whistleblowers" had absolutely nothing to do with the judge postponing the plea deal.  In fact, their testimony concerning David Weiss has been refuted in every way possible. They provided no information that was part of the judge's questioning during the plea hearing. The newly filed tax charges total 9 in all and consist of 3 felonies and 6 misdemeanors.  By the time this comes to trial, the most likely outcome will still be either no jail time or a short time in jail, followed by home confinement and probation.  But for his last name, there would be no ridiculous gun charges for lying on a purchasing form.  That charge is almost exclusively brought when another crime has been committed with the firearm that was purchased.

Prosecutors are alleging that Hunter evaded paying $1.4 million in taxes between 2016 and 2019, all of which has now been paid.  Most of the evidence they are using comes from the book that he wrote detailing his dumb****ery.  Nobody is claiming that he did no wrong.  Also true is that nobody has claimed that he obtained any of the money upon which he owed taxes on illegally.

Who paid it back? Hunter from his Chinese and Ukraine deals? Or did the “big guy” bail him out (again) with his cut(bribe) from these deals he had direct influence over as VP and Pres.  

• Thanks 1

You twice state that HB has now paid his taxes.  As you know, the crime occurs when you refuse to your taxes when required, I say refused because this was not some mistake that continued to occur for 6 straight years.  I do think the whistleblowers shining light on the fact that DOJ was hindering their investigation caused the judge to dig into the details of the plea deal.  Maybe not.  We will never know.  So why did Weiss let the SOL run on the first 2 years when HB's legal team said they would sign a TA, why did he allow a unicorn deal to go forward and what has changed so that now he charges 3 felonies?   Also, you indicate that he gets punished because of his last name (i.e. you say the gun charge was only brought because of his name) and at the same time he is offered a sweetheart, unicorn deal.   Isn't there some inconsistency there?

11 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I think that "completely focused" is a stretch.  Out of 535, some of them are doing more than investigating, indicting (this they have no power to do) and impeaching.   I agree with the last sentence.   The two sides can't even agree that an open border policy is bad.

18 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is only the tip of the ice berg so to speak.  Our DOJ (or I should say Biden’s DOJ) has been slow playing this investigation since 2019, before the 2020 election, and was in a full blown coverup until those whistleblowers stepped forward.  Thank God for the integrity of those two investigators.

Bank records have been uncovered to prove a link between monies received from China given directly to Joe.  An impeachment vote will happen this month and regardless of the outcome of the vote, Joe Biden is toast.  Over 70% of the population believes Joe is involved in Hunter’s business including 40% of Democrats. And what does Joe say:

You will not see one lefty on this board acknowledge Joe might have been involved in Hunter’s business dealings.  It goes beyond a cult.

Where’s the actual evidence?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

It would be a good start.  We should look the other way when it comes to the highest elected official in our government?

Need more irs agents, right?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Where’s the actual evidence?

Didn’t the Dems prove you don’t need actual evidence to ruin a candidacy?

38 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Need more irs agents, right?

No, just ones that are brave enough to tell the truth in front of Congress.

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Didn’t the Dems prove you don’t need actual evidence to ruin a candidacy?

Apparently not. But here you are, without evidence, saying anyone who doesn’t agree with your extreme claims is in a cult— you’re demonstrating textbook cult behavior. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LPTiger said:

You twice state that HB has now paid his taxes.  As you know, the crime occurs when you refuse to your taxes when required, I say refused because this was not some mistake that continued to occur for 6 straight years.  I do think the whistleblowers shining light on the fact that DOJ was hindering their investigation caused the judge to dig into the details of the plea deal.  Maybe not.  We will never know.  So why did Weiss let the SOL run on the first 2 years when HB's legal team said they would sign a TA, why did he allow a unicorn deal to go forward and what has changed so that now he charges 3 felonies?   Also, you indicate that he gets punished because of his last name (i.e. you say the gun charge was only brought because of his name) and at the same time he is offered a sweetheart, unicorn deal.   Isn't there some inconsistency there?

Prosecution criminally is discretionary.  Tax crimes aren't treated the same as criminal acts of violence.  You know that.  Paying the back taxes and penalties is always considered and given great weight when deciding who to prosecute and what charges to seek.  It also carries great weight when plea deals are offered and sentencing occurs.  There are hundreds, if not thousands, of cases every year dealing with non filing, erroneous deductions, exaggerated deductions etc that get prosecuted civilly by the IRS and not criminally due in large part to the taxes having been paid with penalties.  I don't care if they prosecute Hunter Biden or not.  I just find it to be in the land of make believe when right wing media pretends that these type cases are always prosecuted criminally.  They aren't.  In fact, it is an outlier.  Had he not been such a dumbass and written his exploits in a book, there wouldn't be very much to crow about in the case.  It is what it is, but what it is clearly not is some grand example of preferential treatment. Notably, there is no suggestion that any of this money was obtained illegally. 

One thing has changed.  That is the heat he was taking from Republicans. He responded to that heat.  It was always in his discretion as to what to file when.  He has stated that under oath, but that gets left out of the narrative.  Instead, the right wants to believe that the understanding of 2 IRS agents that were removed from the case and have no charging power in this case or any other is more informed than the Trump appointed special counsel that makes charging decisions weekly.

There is no inconsistency in the fact that the gun charge was brought due to the profile of the case and the deal later offered.  Weiss seems to desire making everyone happy.  Riding the fence usually means your balls get cut at some point.  You make the right happy by filing the charges and the left happy by offering the inconsequential plea. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

No, just ones that are brave enough to tell the truth in front of Congress.

They testified as to what their impression was of statements made by the Special Counsel.  How is that truth?  That is opinion.  The special counsel refuted their claims of interference.  The man that allegedly, in a meeting of people that were subordinate to him, makes a comment that is later repeated by one person and in an email mentioned by another and is later asked if he made that comment or intended to give that impression states emphatically that he did not, yet the statements from those two is taken as fact?  That is more than a stretch of logic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Prosecution criminally is discretionary.  Tax crimes aren't treated the same as criminal acts of violence.  You know that.  Paying the back taxes and penalties is always considered and given great weight when deciding who to prosecute and what charges to seek.  It also carries great weight when plea deals are offered and sentencing occurs.  There are hundreds, if not thousands, of cases every year dealing with non filing, erroneous deductions, exaggerated deductions etc that get prosecuted civilly by the IRS and not criminally due in large part to the taxes having been paid with penalties.  I don't care if they prosecute Hunter Biden or not.  I just find it to be in the land of make believe when right wing media pretends that these type cases are always prosecuted criminally.  They aren't.  In fact, it is an outlier.  Had he not been such a dumbass and written his exploits in a book, there wouldn't be very much to crow about in the case.  It is what it is, but what it is clearly not is some grand example of preferential treatment. Notably, there is no suggestion that any of this money was obtained illegally. 

One thing has changed.  That is the heat he was taking from Republicans. He responded to that heat.  It was always in his discretion as to what to file when.  He has stated that under oath, but that gets left out of the narrative.  Instead, the right wants to believe that the understanding of 2 IRS agents that were removed from the case and have no charging power in this case or any other is more informed than the Trump appointed special counsel that makes charging decisions weekly.

There is no inconsistency in the fact that the gun charge was brought due to the profile of the case and the deal later offered.  Weiss seems to desire making everyone happy.  Riding the fence usually means your balls get cut at some point.  You make the right happy by filing the charges and the left happy by offering the inconsequential plea. 

I have no desire for Hunter to avoid consequences, but those who can’t see, if anything, his name and family relationships are likely increasing the charges he’s facing are extremely partisan or grossly misinformed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

They testified as to what their impression was of statements made by the Special Counsel.  How is that truth?  That is opinion.  The special counsel refuted their claims of interference.  The man that allegedly, in a meeting of people that were subordinate to him, makes a comment that is later repeated by one person and in an email mentioned by another and is later asked if he made that comment or intended to give that impression states emphatically that he did not, yet the statements from those two is taken as fact?  That is more than a stretch of logic.

No logic or reason will penetrate his brain on this topic. Cults are powerful things.

2 hours ago, LPTiger said:

I think that "completely focused" is a stretch.  Out of 535, some of them are doing more than investigating, indicting (this they have no power to do) and impeaching.   I agree with the last sentence.   The two sides can't even agree that an open border policy is bad.

Who supports an open border?  I have never heard a member of the current administration suggest that an open border was in any way desirable.  When someone presents themself at the border and requests asylum, there is a process laid out in federal law that proscribes the rights they have to a hearing and representation in that hearing prior to deportation.  We need to change our immigration laws, but instead, it just gets made into a political talking point and NOTHING gets done.

• Like 2