4 Short months

LPTiger

8 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Hunter is 53 years old.  At some point a father has to know his son is worthless and get him some help.  Covering for his misdeeds is not helping; it is enabling.

Hunter spent years and millions of dollars on illegal drugs, sex and hot cars instead of paying his taxes, which is ironic since Joe want’s the rich to pay their fair share in taxes.  And when he did pay the taxes he found a rich daddy backer to pay them for him

There are several Suspicious Activity Reports indicating money laundering that, somehow, the FBI ignored.  The oversight committee should not be the ones to uncover this information, yet here we are.  They are digging deeper as well they should.

Again, who agreed to that ridiculous sweetheart deal?  It was Weiss and Hunter’s defense team.  When the judge questioned it is when Weiss didn’t have the balls to say he agreed to what was presented and it fell through. I find it hard to believe a plea deal will fall through at the 11th hour like this one did when it is so high profile.

The best thing that can happen to Joe Biden's campaign is for the Republicans in the House to try to impeach him without any evidence of wrongdoing.  That is amplified even more by the fact that they support a man with actual indictments out his yazoo.  The sane thing to do would be to nominate Nikki Haley and actually have a campaign about real issues.  Expecting sanity in the era of Fox "News" is a bridge too far obviously.

36 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

The best thing that can happen to Joe Biden's campaign is for the Republicans in the House to try to impeach him without any evidence of wrongdoing.  That is amplified even more by the fact that they support a man with actual indictments out his yazoo.  The sane thing to do would be to nominate Nikki Haley and actually have a campaign about real issues.  Expecting sanity in the era of Fox "News" is a bridge too far obviously.

I’ve watched Fox’s hosts take on Nicki. Her support for Ukraine is seen as anti-maga. IMO she’s by far the most compelling Republican option - but the maga immune system is an issue for her. In short - she’s not nuts enough.

13 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

How does this differ from what happened, other than not concluding that his son was “worthless,” which would suggest help would be wasted.

Not much; Joe isn’t helping Hunter out as much as protecting his own rear end when things hit the fan.  Does lying about his involvement in Hunter’s dealings helping Hunter or Joe?

Joe isn’t some loving father just looking out for his son.

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Not much; Joe isn’t helping Hunter out as much as protecting his own rear end when things hit the fan.  Does lying about his involvement in Hunter’s dealings helping Hunter or Joe?

Joe isn’t some loving father just looking out for his son.

Do you have kids?

8 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Does Trump having indictments out the *yazoo* affect Biden’s corruption?  I believe the oversight committee is looking into evidence of wrongdoing and that would be the reason for the impeachment (if it happens).

Are you saying Biden would be helped in the polls if the Republicans impeach on flimsy evidence?  Isn’t that what has helped Trump?  These indictments of Trump haven’t hurt Trump either.  The one in NY about his loans is a joke.

There will not be a debate as long as Bidenis the nominee.  He is not up to it.

I agree that the Republicans need to move on from Trump and I hope they do.  Joe is a disaster.

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Do you have kids?

Yeah, 3 boys and I love each one of them and one is a liberal.

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

If one developed a drug addiction would you get them help? In what form?

Of course I would.  Additions are difficult to overcome, but what I wouldn’t do is put him in a position where he is making millions to feed that addiction.  Of course, I’m not politically connected, so that would not be an issue.

The only way help is achieved is if the addicted person wants to change and is willing to follow through with the help.

22 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Of course I would.  Additions are difficult to overcome, but what I wouldn’t do is put him in a position where he is making millions to feed that addiction.  Of course, I’m not politically connected, so that would not be an issue.

The only way help is achieved is if the addicted person wants to change and is willing to follow through with the help.

Put him in a position? You mean you wouldn’t let him use your last name or you wouldn’t be successful?

18 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I dismiss it because it did not preclude these tax charges being filed at a later date.  That is the reason the judge questioned both sides so intently when the hearing began.  The DOJ clearly stated that the agreement did not preclude additional charges and HB's team stated that it was there understanding that the plea was to be all inclusive.   That is where the deal fell apart initially.  That is very common at plea hearings.

The wording of the proposed deal did preclude these tax charges being filed -- ever.   The deal continued a very specific "statement of facts" that laid out all of Hunter's income and the fact that he failed to pay taxes on that income despite him knowing that taxes were due.  The deal then precluded the Government from filing criminal charges for any crimes "encompassed" in the statement of facts. Ms. Wolfe and HB's lawyers crafted this very specific wording.   Then, Ms. Wolfe was removed from the case and Mr. Wise was transferred to the Delaware USAG's office.   You are correct that Mr. Wise stated in open court that there was no immunity broader than the 2 misdemeanors and the deferred gun charge and the deal then blew up.  But what if the judge didn't ask the question?   There would have been a signed deal that specifically granted HB immunity from all charges encompassed n the SOF!!!!!!

I haven't seen where you have addressed Weiss letting the SOL run...

You have said Weiss always had the authority to bring any charges, any where, any time.   That isn't true.   A US Attorney has no jurisdiction outside the district in which they are appointed.  This is why Weiss sought special counsel status AFTER the deal blew up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Put him in a position? You mean you wouldn’t let him use your last name or you wouldn’t be successful?

By putting in a position is, as an example, putting him in a high stress environment hoping for the best.  That was when Biden had him enrolled in the Officer program in the Navy and subsequently busted out due to his drug addition.   At that point he does not have the *right stuff* and it was obvious he needed help.  He did not get it.

”Not let him use your last name”???  What are you talking about?  What a ridiculous statement.  Oh, I get it now, Biden wouldn’t let his granddaughter by Hunter use his last name.  Yeah, that was as sick as it gets.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Does Trump having indictments out the *yazoo* affect Biden’s corruption?  I believe the oversight committee is looking into evidence of wrongdoing and that would be the reason for the impeachment (if it happens).

Are you saying Biden would be helped in the polls if the Republicans impeach on flimsy evidence?  Isn’t that what has helped Trump?  These indictments of Trump haven’t hurt Trump either.  The one in NY about his loans is a joke.

There will not be a debate as long as Bidenis the nominee.  He is not up to it.

I agree that the Republicans need to move on from Trump and I hope they do.  Joe is a disaster.

They are searching for evidence of wrongdoing.  That is a fairy tale about him not being up to it.  He handled himself just fine last time.

I agree that the NY prosecution is a joke.  It is a joke in the same way as the gun charge is a joke against Hunter Biden.  Trump clearly lied in valuations of properties in order to secure loans.  He certainly did the same to minimize taxes.  It is common practice.  The same type of common practice as exaggerating deductions. 

32 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

The wording of the proposed deal did preclude these tax charges being filed -- ever.   The deal continued a very specific "statement of facts" that laid out all of Hunter's income and the fact that he failed to pay taxes on that income despite him knowing that taxes were due.  The deal then precluded the Government from filing criminal charges for any crimes "encompassed" in the statement of facts. Ms. Wolfe and HB's lawyers crafted this very specific wording.   Then, Ms. Wolfe was removed from the case and Mr. Wise was transferred to the Delaware USAG's office.   You are correct that Mr. Wise stated in open court that there was no immunity broader than the 2 misdemeanors and the deferred gun charge and the deal then blew up.  But what if the judge didn't ask the question?   There would have been a signed deal that specifically granted HB immunity from all charges encompassed n the SOF!!!!!!

I haven't seen where you have addressed Weiss letting the SOL run...

You have said Weiss always had the authority to bring any charges, any where, any time.   That isn't true.   A US Attorney has no jurisdiction outside the district in which they are appointed.  This is why Weiss sought special counsel status AFTER the deal blew up.

Weiss had the ability to file anywhere he wanted.  All he had to do was request the change of status.  When he did, it was granted.  Weiss specifically told the court that the deal did not preclude additional charges.  That is where the deal initially blew up. 

You are acting as though the DOJ/IRS always charges people criminally when the back taxes are paid with penalties.  That just isn't the case.  In fact, more often than not, there is no criminal prosecution.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67664144

Robert Nassau, a professor and tax law expert from Syracuse University, said that criminal - rather than civil - tax prosecutions are "very rare" and there is a "great deal of discretion" available to the Internal Revenue Service to determine when to refer the matter to prosecutors.

"If criminal prosecutions weren't rare, there would be lots of people who could be subject to prosecution," Mr Nassau said.

"The criminal statutes cited in this case are pretty broad and could apply to millions of people who don't file a return for one reason or another... prisons could, theoretically, be overfilled with tax criminals."

Civil cases involving much larger sums of money than this one are routine, Mr Nassau added, calling the $1.4m in the Biden case "small potatoes".

Edited by AU9377

18 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Weiss had the ability to file anywhere he wanted.  All he had to do was request the change of status.  When he did, it was granted.  Weiss specifically told the court that the deal did not preclude additional charges.  That is where the deal initially blew up. 

You are acting as though the DOJ/IRS always charges people criminally when the back taxes are paid with penalties.  That just isn't the case.  In fact, more often than not, there is no criminal prosecution.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67664144

Robert Nassau, a professor and tax law expert from Syracuse University, said that criminal - rather than civil - tax prosecutions are "very rare" and there is a "great deal of discretion" available to the Internal Revenue Service to determine when to refer the matter to prosecutors.

"If criminal prosecutions weren't rare, there would be lots of people who could be subject to prosecution," Mr Nassau said.

"The criminal statutes cited in this case are pretty broad and could apply to millions of people who don't file a return for one reason or another... prisons could, theoretically, be overfilled with tax criminals."

Civil cases involving much larger sums of money than this one are routine, Mr Nassau added, calling the $1.4m in the Biden case "small potatoes".

You again didn't address the SOL being allowed to run on 2 felonies or why SC status was requested after the deal blew up..  I guess you concede the agreement as written granted broad immunity.  Baby steps.

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

He handled himself just fine last time.

Did you see how Joe handles questions about Hunter and his business dealings?  It will be the single most asked question in any debate this time and KJP will not be there to answer for him.  He will come unglued.

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

It is a joke in the same way as the gun charge is a joke against Hunter Biden. 

Lying on a gun application about your drug use is a joke?  The only people who think this is a joke must be on drugs.

The bottom line; who was hurt when the banks made money and the loan was paid back?

Now who was hurt when Hunter didn’t pay his taxes?  The tax payer.

15 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Did you see how Joe handles questions about Hunter and his business dealings?  It will be the single most asked question in any debate this time and KJP will not be there to answer for him.  He will come unglued.

Lying on a gun application about your drug use is a joke?  The only people who think this is a joke must be on drugs.

The bottom line; who was hurt when the banks made money and the loan was paid back?

Do you believe one should have to fill out an application for permission from the feds to own a gun?

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Do you believe one should have to fill out an application for permission from the feds to own a gun?

It’s the law.  If you can lie on that application without consequences filling it out it would be worthless.

If you are saying it goes against the 2nd amendment, take it to the Supreme Court.  There are certain issues that preclude ownership of guns and a person’s bad habits is one of them.  It’s why domestic violence is such a habit to avoid if you want to be a gun owner.

19 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It’s the law.  If you can lie on that application without consequences filling it out it would be worthless.

If you are saying it goes against the 2nd amendment, take it to the Supreme Court.  There are certain issues that preclude ownership of guns and a person’s bad habits is one of them.  It’s why domestic violence is such a habit to avoid if you want to be a gun owner.

So you’re in favor of certain gun regulations?

12 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

So you’re in favor of certain gun regulations?

We already have gun regulations, it’s the new ones that have not way of being enforced are the ones I question.

That was when Biden had him enrolled in the Officer program in the Navy and subsequently busted out due to his drug addition

So you blame Biden because his grown son with a law degree joined the military? More structure and discipline did Hunter in?

17 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

So you blame Biden because his grown son with a law degree joined the military? More structure and discipline did Hunter in?

He obviously couldn’t handle it.  Do you have a different observation?  

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

He obviously couldn’t handle it.  Do you have a different observation?  

I don’t think either one of us are privy to information indicating that it was participation in the military that caused his problems. He’s struggled with addiction. He lost his brother. You’re grasping at anything to fault Joe as a parent. Frankly, it’s weird and very unChristian.

There is no way they let Joe Biden on to a debate stage.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I don’t think either one of us are privy to information indicating that it was participation in the military that caused his problems. He’s struggled with addiction. He lost his brother. You’re grasping at anything to fault Joe as a parent. Frankly, it’s weird and very unChristian.

If all else fails go with the judgmental unChristain angle, which by the way is unChristain.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

If all else fails go with the judgmental unChristain angle, which by the way is unChristain.

Observing hateful judgement and recognizing it is what it is. But you be you.