Year 1 QB stats under CHF

LPTiger

26 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

@W.E.D re your post that "only AU receivers have drops" did you see the article where an unbiased al.com reporter reported that Thorne had 9 incompletions in the UGA game and 6 of the 9 hit the receiver's hands?  That was our biggest game of the year and receivers having their hands on 67% of incomplete passes --  does that EVER happen elsewhere?   Sure, other teams have drops but you refuse to recognize that we were uniquely great at it all while simultaneously criticizing Thorne.   It seems to be a blind spot. 

The 6 drops was a but much bc half of them were elite defensive plays where the defenders punched out the balls.

Yes, we had drops this year. We didn't have good WR play. We are in the process of replacing the entire room, right?  They deserve criticism.

We also had awful QB play, regardless of drops. We had Thorne miss wide open WRs as many times as we had drops.  We had him over throw wide open guys too.

They all deserve being replaced.  I'm equal in my judgement.

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

That is positive WED. 

Yes. My "negativety" is widely over blown. I post positive and negative things.

Just now, W.E.D said:

Yes. My "negativety" is widely over blown. I post positive and negative things.

You are needed to keep the board lively. Maybe think about a meeting with the coaches concerning our QB situation next year. They may listen more so than Titan. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We had Thorne miss wide open WRs as many times as we had drops. 

This is false.  You can't simply throw things out like that and expect people to take you seriously.   How many wide open receivers did he miss in the UGA game vs 6 drops/elite defensive plays as you call them?   Please -- less hyperbole and more facts.

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

You are needed to keep the board lively. Maybe think about a meeting with the coaches concerning our QB situation next year. They may listen more so than Titan. 

I will have the same amount of input as Phillip Montgomery in 2024

2 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

This is false.  You can't simply throw things out like that and expect people to take you seriously.   How many wide open receivers did he miss in the UGA game vs 6 drops/elite defensive plays as you call them?   Please -- less hyperbole and more facts.

I didn't call all 6 elite defensive plays, but half of those "drops" were DBs ripping put balls.

Okay. Thorne did no wrong in your mind. No reason discussing further 

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I didn't call all 6 elite defensive plays, but half of those "drops" were DBs ripping put balls.

Okay. Thorne did no wrong in your mind. No reason discussing further 

Look back at the plays.   1 was a punch out on Johnson -- a great DB play.  Another Johnson dives for the ball and completely viffs.   One is Hunter simply dropping the ball out in the flat with no one around him.  One is Fairweather getting both hands on the ball after the DB pushed off and Fair not securing the catch.  One is a slightly high throw to J.Fair over the middle that he alligator arms before anyone touches him.   The other is a curl by Fairweather that hits both of his hands and falls to the ground before the defenders get there.   Facts matter.      Thorne simply can't throw it and catch it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

You may be surprised. You probably know more about bad passes vs drops than the coaches. 

I was referring to him getting fired 

Just now, W.E.D said:

🤔

Don't try to be cute.   Go look at the plays and come here and say I stand on 3 of the drops were DBs ripping the ball out or come here and say "guys I exaggerated the facts and only 1 was a DB ripping the ball out."  

First pass was a difficult catch, drop

2nd pass wasn't a drop

3rd pass wasn't a drop

4th pass DB had a hand in the face and tipped the ball, hard catch. Borderline

5th drop

6th seems to be a high pass over the middle hanging a WR out to get murdered. Equal fault 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Did not realize he has been fired.

That's why I said "getting" as in future tense. I'm sorry for echoing Mods from On3 predicting he'll be fire after the bowl game, possibly in Feb after NSD

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

2nd pass wasn't a drop

3rd pass wasn't a drop

5th drop

6th seems to be a high pass over the middle hanging a WR out to get murdered. Equal fault 

So where are the passes where the 3 DBs were ripping the ball out?  The second one that you say wasn't a drop hits Fairweather in both hands before any contact... The bigger point is you crap on Thorne incessantly do you agree that all 6 of these balls were thrown where they could have been caught?

3 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

So where are the passes where the 3 DBs were ripping the ball out?  The second one that you say wasn't a drop hits Fairweather in both hands before any contact... The bigger point is you crap on Thorne incessantly do you agree that all 6 of these balls were thrown where they could have been caught?

We disagree. I listed them out for you. 

You want to focus solely on blame away from Thorne. I get it, it was everyone else's fault. No one is going to change your mind. If I keep posting it is me being contrary and annoying the board even though I didn't start the conversation and tried to end it multiple times.

Cheers 

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

We disagree. I listed them out for you. 

You want to focus solely on blame away from Thorne. I get it, it was everyone else's fault. No one is going to change your mind. If I keep posting it is me being contrary and annoying the board even though I didn't start the conversation and tried to end it multiple times.

Cheers 

No, you make stuff up i.e. you say half of the six "drops" were "elite" defensive plays which simply isn't true per the video and even when proven wrong you will not even give Thorne credit for throwing the ball where you, erroneously, say 3 of the 6  drops take an elite defensive play to make them incomplete.  By definition if it was an elite defensive play, the throw had to be pretty good, right?   Keep hating on Thorne... 

• Facepalm 1

38 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

The second and third pass definitely weren’t drops. Contact by the DB to knock the ball away at the point of reception is a good defense.

The bigger question IMO is how many of those 6 throws were quality throws by Thorne?   I hope we can all agree that UGA is a pretty good ball club.   The narrative some have put out here is Thorne was only good against bad teams and against better teams he was really, really bad.    Against UGA Thorne had just 19 attempts.  10 were completions.   I think we can all agree than most any completion is a quality throw.   So let's focus on the 6 that hit the receiver's hands.   How many of them were quality throws recognizing that good teams sometimes turn quality throws into incompletions.  Even WED agrees that 3 were flat out drops.  So, without drops Thorne should have been 13 of 19.   That is 68% against the number 1 team in the country.  Of the other 3, how many were quality throws that could/should have been completed.    If it is just 1, then Thorne is at 74%.    74% against the number 1 team in the country isn't really really bad.  As info Milroe, the only QB to beat UGA, was 13 of 23 i.e. 56%.   

6 hours ago, LPTiger said:

The bigger question IMO is how many of those 6 throws were quality throws by Thorne?   I hope we can all agree that UGA is a pretty good ball club.   The narrative some have put out here is Thorne was only good against bad teams and against better teams he was really, really bad.    Against UGA Thorne had just 19 attempts.  10 were completions.   I think we can all agree than most any completion is a quality throw.   So let's focus on the 6 that hit the receiver's hands.   How many of them were quality throws recognizing that good teams sometimes turn quality throws into incompletions.  Even WED agrees that 3 were flat out drops.  So, without drops Thorne should have been 13 of 19.   That is 68% against the number 1 team in the country.  Of the other 3, how many were quality throws that could/should have been completed.    If it is just 1, then Thorne is at 74%.    74% against the number 1 team in the country isn't really really bad.  As info Milroe, the only QB to beat UGA, was 13 of 23 i.e. 56%.   

I see the point you’re making here and could definitely agree. I could also make some counter arguments as well about the quality of some these passes. Admittedly, I’m not a great X’s and O’s guy, so to save everyone another mindless argument from my end, I’ll stop there. I’m gonna go eat some Cheerios now. Cheer(io)s!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LPTiger said:

9 hours ago, W.E.D said:

2nd pass wasn't a drop

3rd pass wasn't a drop

5th drop

1st -  Both QB and WR could have been better but yeah, hard play to make against good coverage.

2nd - Ball being better thrown gives the WR a better chance, but as it is... great defensive play. I dunno how anyone would fault the WR for that one.

3rd - Defender gets his hand in there, but a decent/good WR keeps ahold of that.

4th - Not a bad pass at all, but dang man... great coverage where even a pushoff you're still blanketed. Was no one else open at all? No running lane?

5th - 100% drop, sad to see.

6th - high throw, def could have been better. Still, good WR makes that play and takes that hit.

Honestly, the reason you all can complain about the WRs and QB and both seem right is because.... you both are right. Thorne misses the mark slightly or throws to absolutely slathered WRs a decent bit. WRs fail to hold on vs a DBs hands or when they have to stretch out a bit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mims44 said:

1st -  Both QB and WR could have been better but yeah, hard play to make against good coverage.

2nd - Ball being better thrown gives the WR a better chance, but as it is... great defensive play. I dunno how anyone would fault the WR for that one.

3rd - Defender gets his hand in there, but a decent/good WR keeps ahold of that.

4th - Not a bad pass at all, but dang man... great coverage where even a pushoff you're still blanketed. Was no one else open at all? No running lane?

5th - 100% drop, sad to see.

6th - high throw, def could have been better. Still, good WR makes that play and takes that hit.

Honestly, the reason you all can complain about the WRs and QB and both seem right is because.... you both are right. Thorne misses the mark slightly or throws to absolutely slathered WRs a decent bit. WRs fail to hold on vs a DBs hands or when they have to stretch out a bit.

And we had to resort to quick pass plays because our OL can't protect.  He is having to make passes before the WR are even open or even break.  He is having to throw jump balls or sideline fades because he has to get rid of it quickly.  Our QB didn't have time to let plays develop due to the rush and the inability of our OL to protect the passer.   Thorne may be better with better WRs.  He may be better with a little more time.  We don't really know because of the drops and the inability to protect.  The offense was mostly a crap show from the beginning in all areas. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KillenTime said:

And we had to resort to quick pass plays because our OL can't protect.  He is having to make passes before the WR are even open or even break.  He is having to throw jump balls or sideline fades because he has to get rid of it quickly.  Our QB didn't have time to let plays develop due to the rush and the inability of our OL to protect the passer.   Thorne may be better with better WRs.  He may be better with a little more time.  We don't really know because of the drops and the inability to protect.  The offense was mostly a crap show from the beginning in all areas. 

All very true. 

I remember watching a breakdown of Joey Harrington start of NFL career to after the Lions O line had let him get beat to crap. Was pretty eye opening.

When it gets bad you start seeing bad plays from the QB even when the Oline does manage to block well, because the QB has lost all trust in them so he's always rushing plays even when he doesn't have to.

I don't think Auburns line was anywhere near as bad vs their competition as that Lions Oline was, just hope they weren't bad enough to instill bad habits in PT.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, W.E.D said:

That's why I said "getting" as in future tense. I'm sorry for echoing Mods from On3 predicting he'll be fire after the bowl game, possibly in Feb after NSD

Understand and no need to apologize.