Great job by Coach Freeze and his staff

TeamZero77

So as of right now this coaching staff's first full class is ranked 7th overall and 4th in the SEC. The 3 schools above us are Georgia, Bama and Texas. 2 of those schools are in the playoffs and the other has one loss in their last 30 games. The school behind us is 10-2 Oklahoma and they beat Texas. 

I've also seen a stat that the top 20 commits in this 2024 class were spread out amongst 14 schools. There are only 3 schools in the nation that signed multiple top 20 commits and they're Georgia, Alabama and Auburn. 

I understand that they'll still need to coach these players up and develop them for the results to translate to wins on Saturdays but for what Coach Freeze and his staff came into, they've really knocked it out of the park with this class. This class looks to be a great foundation to build upon. 

WDE

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 3

every single highlight video i have seen of with some of the new guys i have seen is very very impressive. we signed so many studs and bare with me because i am old but this looks to me like the best class auburn has ever signed. i do not keep up with records so i have no idea but it has to be at least close to one of the best classes we have ever signed.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

So as of right now this coaching staff's first full class is ranked 7th overall and 4th in the SEC. The 3 schools above us are Georgia, Bama and Texas. 2 of those schools are in the playoffs and the other has one loss in their last 30 games. The school behind us is 10-2 Oklahoma and they beat Texas. 

I've also seen a stat that the top 20 commits in this 2024 class were spread out amongst 14 schools. There are only 3 schools in the nation that signed multiple top 20 commits and they're Georgia, Alabama and Auburn. 

I understand that they'll still need to coach these players up and develop them for the results to translate to wins on Saturdays but for what Coach Freeze and his staff came into, they've really knocked it out of the park with this class. This class looks to be a great foundation to build upon. 

WDE

Awesome job by this staff recruiting and then keeping recruits committed. Currently watching GA Tech- UCF. So many of UCF O play calls resemble stupid GM play calls from years ago. Safe to say he has not evolved very much. With that being said, I truly hope that HF, who’s from that tree of O calling is willing to evolve more so than GM did/has. UCF raced out to a 17/3 lead and now Tech has tied it with a minute before half. Don’t miss GM one bit. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Awesome job by this staff recruiting and then keeping recruits committed. Currently watching GA Tech- UCF. So many of UCF O play calls resemble stupid GM play calls from years ago. Safe to say he has not evolved very much. With that being said, I truly hope that HF, who’s from that tree of O calling is willing to evolve more so than GM did/has. UCF raced out to a 17/3 lead and now Tech has tied it with a minute before half. Don’t miss GM one bit. 

I don't think we had any player flip from us to another school on signing day and that's saying something because there's always guys flip on signing day. Speaking of Gus, his kicker just missed a FG that would've put them ahead. He pushed it way right and he has missed 5 of his last 7 kicks. When UCF went up 14-0 very quick, I told my dad that this is the type game Gus will lose and here it is 17-17 at half.

7 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I don't think we had any player flip from us to another school on signing day and that's saying something because there's always guys flip on signing day. Speaking of Gus, his kicker just missed a FG that would've put them ahead. He pushed it way right and he has missed 5 of his last 7 kicks. When UCF went up 14-0 very quick, I told my dad that this is the type game Gus will lose and here it is 17-17 at half.

Agreed. If an O can’t evolve or the play calling, it’s stuck. UCF is where AU was with him the last 2 years or so. Nothing against GM, but being only an hour away from ATL, I’m pulling for Tech. I like their HC. Time will tell us about HF and his acumen. 

3 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Agreed. If an O can’t evolve or the play calling, it’s stuck. UCF is where AU was with him the last 2 years or so. Nothing against GM, but being only an hour away from ATL, I’m pulling for Tech. I like their HC. Time will tell us about HF and his acumen. 

This Ga. Tech coach seems intense as hell. He's a Ga Tech alum and if I heard right, he was an asst at UCF for years. He put a scare into Kirby and Georgia a few weeks ago. 

24 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

This Ga. Tech coach seems intense as hell. He's a Ga Tech alum and if I heard right, he was an asst at UCF for years. He put a scare into Kirby and Georgia a few weeks ago. 

Sure did put a scare in UGA.  I like him. He’s been good for Tech so far. Grew up loving AU due to my father being an alumni, but have always lived in GA. Have never liked the dogs. Fans are more obnoxious than most Bama fans I’ve been around. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

WDE

Indeed and we are on the verge of dominating the 2025 class full of linemen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

This game was like all games coached by GM. We wasted a lot of years and money on him. So glad he’s gone. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

This game was like all games coached by GM. We wasted a lot of years and money on him. So glad he’s gone. 

What did UCF give up, like 31 unanswered? I turned it. UCF may struggle for awhile, even in the weak Big 12. That makes Gus 3-7 all-time in bowl games. He has made a bowl all 12 years he's been a HC but didn't coach the bowl game at Arky State and was fired before he could coach our Bowl game in 2020. It's wild how some coaches fall flat in bowl games. I remember Tom Osborne was pretty bad in bowl games at Nebraska but nearly every bowl game he coached in had alot on the line. I swear it seemed like Nebraska was playing for a shot at the Natty every other year for 2 or 3 decades.

Frankly, IMO, Auburn can't do any better than this right now. And maybe not for a long rime. But CHF and his staff have really bombed it! The goal -- Pull in the best players yu can get and coach em up.

What a great first class for CHF and his staff.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

every single highlight video i have seen of with some of the new guys i have seen is very very impressive. we signed so many studs and bare with me because i am old but this looks to me like the best class auburn has ever signed. i do not keep up with records so i have no idea but it has to be at least close to one of the best classes we have ever signed.

I know as far as rankings go, Chizik had a class finish #4 and Gus had alot of top 10 classes with a couple finishing 6th. 

Another forum member, I think it was Scots, said this is the best class we've ever had as far as the average rating per commit. I think if we had signed 27 or 28 kids like Georgia, Bama and others, we would've been top 5. Trovon Reed also tweeted something about this being our best class ever. We are looking VERY good for the 2025 class so far. Coach Freeze said all along that the goal was a top 10 class for this year and a top 5 class next year. He has met all of his goals so far that I've heard him make which was a top 5 portal class last year, to be bowl eligible this year and finish top 10 in recruiting with this class. He met those goals so I definitely trust him when he says he thinks we can land a top 5 class next year. 

• Like 1

Y’all, our rivals are scared. It didn’t dawn on me until today. I was browsing the comments sections of several Facebook Auburn posts. 1/2 the posts were Georgia and Bama fans trying to troll. I thought back… That dipped off the last few years. That type of person doesn’t last out when they’re comfortable. They do it when they are afraid something is not going to change in their favor.

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 1