*Official Auburn vs. Maryland Game Thread*

abw0004

Hugh did come out and say that he did want to win this game, so that is refreshing. Put another way, if you have to tell your team you want to win a game … well … that ain’t a good and certainly shows a lack of culture and character in the program.

Actually I'm going to chill and give it a chance. But I stand on this it's more than the wr as far as this offense. QB is going to have to improve as well. But it's not just him either. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jluvah said:

About the same with this o line. We can’t run the ball either. No time to pass, no running lanes? Are we blaming J Hunter for not having 100 yards rushing?

Let's not act like our O-line is anywhere near as bad as Colorado's. 

It quite obviously isn't. Colorado's line is quite possibly the worst in the power 5. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Yeah, when you don't have a great WR room to begin with, and then the best option in that group hits the portal, it's not going to bode well for a smooth passing game.

Now imagine how difficult it would be if your starting QB was out. Oh wait …

• Facepalm 1

37 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Not that black and white. We have a roster AND coaching problem. This is true by what we are watching now and what we saw against New Mexico. This narrative and past coach finger pointing needs to be put to rest 

But it is a past coaching issue. You cannot take Fairy Dust and Unicorn Farts and just create D1 Players. You just cant.

Coaching staff is improving but wont be here until next season at best. Not going to fix itself today.

17 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Not if he throw the same fade he threw earlier.... I'm just saying it's not like he's throwing good balls. We are mad at the wrs for not making acrobatic catches usually. Deep balls....I missed a bunch of games so that could be on me, but I haven't seen a good deep throw yet

We saw the same thing with Nix. When you have no line blocking for you or receivers breaking open or catch for that matter then it doesnt matter who your qb is. We wont know what Thorne is capable of without a surrounding competent team

• Thanks 2

Great recruiting does not offset a losing season , no matter how bad some of y’all want it to.  Seems like we just punted this season which is just a joke imo . We will see if Freeze goes back to what got him this job in the first place next year.

• Like 1