Will we see more staff changes?

19 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Offensive coordinators since 2018

2018 - Chip Lindsey

2019 - Kenny Dillingham

2020 - Chad Morris

2021 - Mike Bobo

2022 - Eric Kiesau (Will Friend 4 games)

2023 - Phillip Montgomery

2024 - ?

Defensive coordinators since 2020

2020 - Kevin Steele 5 years

2021 - Derek Mason

2022 - Jeff Schmedding

2023 - Ron Robert's

2024 - Charles Kelly and ????

I know people have said that Nick Saban goes through coordinators every year. He loses them because they take head coaching jobs or return to the NFL. We lose ours because our teams suck and we have to fire them and pay their buyouts. 

Maybe most of the time but certainly not always. They sometimes find their own places to land (Ole Miss DC for instance).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I wonder how much it has hurt recruiting the past several years?

A ton. In my opinion there are 3 things you’ve got to hang your hat on in recruiting and ultimately recruit perception. Winning at a high level, developing guys for the NFL, and a great and fun team culture. It’s been a long time since we’ve consistently done the first two well. The culture and fun part we’ve been decent at but it matters less when the other two parts aren’t happening. CHF seems to be on the right track so far, but he has to get the wins and NFL pipeline ignited very quickly. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I know assistants would be better with better talent. Whenever constant coordinator changes gets mentioned on this forum, it's always been met with "Saban changes coordinators, Kirby has changed coordinators" and so on. I would just like some continuity. When the same problems are happening under multiple head coaches and multiple staffs, it makes people wonder if the problem may not be squarely on the shoulders of the head coaches, it may just be how the program is ran from the top. 

Hopefully putting familiar coaches around Freeze that he goes back years with will help alot but the same was said when Harsin began surrounding himself with all those Boise assistants in year 2 and that was a complete disaster. It's not always a one size fits all when putting staffs together.

I wonder how much it has hurt recruiting the past several years? Position coaches are huge in a recruits life and I wonder if the parents, as well as recruits, look at Auburn and think "Going off of recent history, this coordinator or position coach will likely be gone in 1 to 3 years." 

I've mentioned awhile back but Cam Stutts mother, Stephanie Stutts, went onto a Locked on Auburn YouTube video and said Cam played under Gus, Kevin Steele (interim), Harsin, Caddy (interim) and Freeze. That's 5 head coaches he played for and I forget how many O-Line coaches she said. Just sad that it ever got this bad.

I definitely agree and hope for some coaching stability. 
My comment was more of the possibility of talent or lack of talent having an effect on results and therefore retention of coaches. 
I would say the lack of continuity definitely hurt our recruiting but I would also think that lack of talent hurt our continuity as well. 
We seem to be trending the right direction on talent so hopefully we see that turn into wins and coach advancement rather than the same cycle we have been on of fire and replace. 
I think the coaches we have are good enough to win when they have the talent and staff cohesion. I just hope we get the pieces in place fast enough to reap the benefits. 

• Like 1

Hoke thinking we get some closure on this by EOD tomorrow 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Sorry.  Please ignore the post above.  I mean to make this post.

"Guys, be patient, but I'm hearing something might be happening soon.  I'll let you know when I can.  It could be big, but I'm not ready to say yet.  Lots of moving pieces."

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

"Guys, be patient, but I'm hearing something might be happening soon.  I'll let you know when I can.  It could be big, but I'm not ready to say yet.  Lots of moving pieces."

Don’t fret.  No one is hanging on your every word.  

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

Don’t fret.  No one is hanging on your every word.  

Thank you!

59 minutes ago, DAG said:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7fnp6vvm22cypuldehr

Sorry.  Situation is very fluid.  Hugh has a plan and is working it perfectly 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

qeblqxvveejb1.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Trust the process etc

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Yep be patient guys... It will happen I'm hearing by Spring or Fall at the latest we will know something. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, GreenTiger said:

I’ve been holding my seat for 3 weeks now!!  

Are your knuckles hurting? 

2 hours ago, EagleEye67 said:

Don't we all?

No you can keep him!  Thanks tho

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, NCAubs said:

You guys need Jesus. 

Strong reaction to a few jokes about football. 

• Like 2

On 1/15/2024 at 7:48 PM, W.E.D said:

Jokes aside it's just hirings now right? all done with firings and resignations I would think.

12 hours ago, NCAubs said:

You guys need Jesus. 

For dealing with teenage kids or intentionally dumb employees, yes.

For football not so much... well, the normal amount ;) 

On 1/15/2024 at 4:28 PM, Gowebb11 said:

A ton. In my opinion there are 3 things you’ve got to hang your hat on in recruiting and ultimately recruit perception. Winning at a high level, developing guys for the NFL, and a great and fun team culture. It’s been a long time since we’ve consistently done the first two well. The culture and fun part we’ve been decent at but it matters less when the other two parts aren’t happening. CHF seems to be on the right track so far, but he has to get the wins and NFL pipeline ignited very quickly. 

If Auburn wasn't Auburn, we'd be circling the drain. It cannot be stated enough how important the culture and atmosphere in Auburn as a whole is to the program. JHS and its environment is just the icing on top.

• Like 1

Okay, let's stop the bickering. 

I'm expecting to hear something soon.  I'll keep everyone updated. The water is flowing