Will we see more staff changes?

13 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

Is Ellis Johnson available to coach the defense?

ellis? he is so old now he is wearing socks.....................

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Site mods currently throwing their proverbial shat at the wall

Tate claiming Kiffin was to interview yesterday.

Hoke claiming our Admin is against Durkin, but if Hugh pushed hard enough we would hire him.

247 claiming a mix of the two.

I'm guessing all the best insiders are claiming how godly Durkin is and know exactly what's going on, but we'll never know since our donations aren't good enough and we messed up by having the "wrong" opinion and not attacking the "right" family members of players

Lol I didn't even get that. I had a random guy say I was arguing with you if I'm not mistaken when there was no argument going on.

Couldn't even make up me doing anything wrong

• Like 1

If our administration has questions about Durkin that is telling. 

Edited by DAG

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

If you believe every rumor, that is telling...

2 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

If you believe every rumor, that is telling...

If you lack reading comprehension that is telling.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, DAG said:

Hire Symons please 

He took SMU's defense from 120th in year 1 to 11th in year two.

I'm actually kinda shocked he hasn't gotten more than listing his name at the end of any blurbs about our DC opening

I feel like this season if anything go bad, it will be we don't even know who is calling plays on either side of the ball

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol I didn't even get that. I had a random guy say I was arguing with you if I'm not mistaken when there was no argument going on.

Sorry, your fault was you just posted.  You're not allowed to do that.

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I feel like this season if anything go bad, it will be we don't even know who is calling plays on either side of the ball

Well, we know Hugh will take credit for any good offensive play calls.  I hope Nix is ready to get run over by the Hugh Hummer

Hired this guy.  Was GM of the year in 2022.

I'm actually pretty surprised we didn't have someone in this specific role.  Pretty sure even Harsin had one.  He was awful, like everything Harsin did, but had one.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think some people in the admin wanted to hear from folks who worked with Durkin at OM and A&M since the Maryland thing went down to be sure that was just a misunderstanding and one-off, and that nothing since that went down 6 years ago reared its head again.  Seems a reasonable thing to consider, especially when you just nudged your previous DC out the door for temperament and culture issues on his side of the ball.

• Like 2

some of the last few posts are so depressing i am calling a suicide hotline.

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

15 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

And how many of those players claimed abuse or walked out of a meeting on Kirby? 
They left UGA for better opportunities for money or play time. They didn’t leave UGA because they found their coach abusive.

I merely answered your question.

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

some of the last few posts are so depressing i am calling a suicide hotline.

1-800-FUHARSIN FTW

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Viper said:

1-800-FUHARSIN FTW

well if we hire him and we regret it we can call him durk the jerk............by the way the stones rule

On 1/21/2024 at 11:32 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Durkin was a name so comical, I had to think it was jokes lol. Would be the worst hire the program has made in my lifetime 

Above potato head? Come on man! 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

I don’t see how the two things you are talking about are comparable at all. Do you mean to tell me you’ve never left a company for an opportunity to make more money? That’s all this transfer portal stuff is. When they opened NIL and the transfer portal, they made playing college football very similar to employment. People have always followed more money. That’s not a generational thing. It is predicted partially by age and socioeconomic status. Younger people are always more likely to jump around until they feel financially comfortable. People that make less money tend to jump around because they never feel financially comfortable. A lot of football players are both of these things. They’re very young, and many of them come from lower SES backgrounds. So, yes… the opportunity of more money is enticing. It is a system problem, not a generational one. 

…And that certainly doesn’t have anything to do with concerns over a team’s culture. 

What you’re not seeing is that we are not disagreeing. 

My point is now the players hold the power, not the coaches.

Complete role reversal pre-NIL / pre-current transfer rules.

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Hired this guy.  Was GM of the year in 2022.

I'm actually pretty surprised we didn't have someone in this specific role.  Pretty sure even Harsin had one.  He was awful, like everything Harsin did, but had one.

This is a great add.

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

He took SMU's defense from 120th in year 1 to 11th in year two.

I'm actually kinda shocked he hasn't gotten more than listing his name at the end of any blurbs about our DC opening

Same here. Seems freeze MO is bringing guys like this along versus some of the common folks we see making appearances at multiple schools. 

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

Above potato head? Come on man! 

Well when I say that, it’s more than just how the production itself goes. I’m thinking about the human aspect myself. I think you can make a good “coaching” hire (which I don’t think Durkin is after watching TAMU against good offenses), that’s just a horrible person.

I think it has to be a whole bundle, yknow?  

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

I can certainly make up you doing wrong. I have quite the imagination….Lol

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

It was a weird feeling being banned from something you paid for, without any explanation from anyone.