Will we see more staff changes?

55 minutes ago, AU120289 said:

Survey says ……

image.jpeg.bde96712f7bfe1197b67124a8193ec4f.jpeg

I literally laughed out loud, and I rarely ever do that. Hilarious 😂 

1 minute ago, toddc said:

I could suggest some good stand up specials for you.  

Or you could just keep watching Gilligan’s Island.  

• Facepalm 1

48 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

Why do you hate Garner?

Lots of reasons, but to name a few: 1) He eats his Lucky Charms with water not milk and isn’t even lactose intolerance - just wrong. 2) He has zero appreciation for yacht rock music - so sad, 3) He kicks puppies for fun wearing wing tips - diabolical, and 4) You like him. 

LMAO - I don’t hate him. With all the Liberty connections and the DLine coach leaving for the NFL that popped into my head, so I posted. 

Good grief man. Temper yourself. Embrace some humor. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

15-20 years ago Rodney Garner would be the perfect hire.  Now I think he's yesterday's news, not to insinuate that he cannot recruit or coach.  He's probably the most qualified candidate that we could hire.  

To build for the future, AU needs someone younger (by at least 10-15 years) than Garner.  17 year olds don't respect their elders like they  once did.  That's one reason Marcus Davis connects well with recruits.

I'm hesitant for Garner.  When he was last at Auburn, they had cycles of defensive ends and defensive tackles. One year Auburn would have good ends and the next good tackles but hardly ever both at the same time. I don't know if he was at fault for that but I don't know that he wasn't. Hence why I am hesitant to have him back. Maybe I'm misplacing my hesitancy and others that are more knowledgeable can chime in if they wish. I do not want to revisit that dynamic though.

I'll never complain about losing a coach to the same job in the NFL. That's what you want. Means you hired the right guy in the first place. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

i read where garner stabbed gus in the back and many claimed if it was true. gus gave him a job right? it just does not sit well with me and i wish gus well but i am glad he left. i hope this does not make me a hippo.

7 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i read where garner stabbed gus in the back and many claimed if it was true. gus gave him a job right? it just does not sit well with me and i wish gus well but i am glad he left. i hope this does not make me a hippo.

Supposedly Garner and TWill tried to pull off a coup to get Gus fired and Kevin Steele elevated to head coach. I question that because when Gus was hired at UCF, he immediately hired TWill as his DC. And TWill left Miami, after only a week or so on the job, to take the UCF job. Garner was immediately hired by Josh Heupel at Tennessee to be their D-Line coach.

That story of the supposed "coup" is similar to the story when Bo Nix left for Oregon, it was immediately said that Pat Nix went into Harsin's office demanding to be the OC and QB coach at Auburn but "Hard for Harsin" set him straight and told Pat and Bo to get the hell out so Bo transferred to Oregon. I think that was a story spun by our fans to save face about our legacy QB leaving us for a PAC12 school. The reason I say that is because not long after Harsin was fired, he put a photo on his Twitter acct of himself, his son and Bo Nix at Oregon's stadium with their arms around one another posing for a photo. Kinda blew that whole story apart that Harsin kicked Bo out of Auburn and they hated each other. Bo left for Oregon because he wasn't getting to the NFL by staying here at AU. It's obvious he made the right decision because he will be a 1st round draft pick now and made it to NYC as a Heisman finalist. Auburn will eventually get back to what we all want but Bo made the right decision for himself, given what shape we were in at that time.

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Supposedly Garner and TWill tried to pull off a coup to get Gus fired and Kevin Steele elevated to head coach. I question that because when Gus was hired at UCF, he immediately hired TWill as his DC. And TWill left Miami, after only a week or so on the job, to take the UCF job. Garner was immediately hired by Josh Heupel at Tennessee to be their D-Line coach.

That story of the supposed "coup" is similar to the story when Bo Nix left for Oregon, it was immediately said that Pat Nix went into Harsin's office demanding to be the OC and QB coach at Auburn but "Hard for Harsin" set him straight and told Pat and Bo to get the hell out so Bo transferred to Oregon. I think that was a story spun by our fans to save face about or Legacy QB leaving us for a PAC12 school. The reason I say that is because not long after Harsin was fired, he put a photo on his Twitter acct of himself, his son and Bo Nix at Oregon's stadium with their arms around one another posing for a photo. Kinda blew that whole story apart that Harsin kicked Bo out of Auburn and they hated each other.

i never heard they hated each other they just could not agree on something.  i bet pass the biscuits might know.

On 2/4/2024 at 8:04 PM, toddc said:

I thought is was fantastic as well.  I'm still laughing 3 days later. 

Jay Tate is saying it looks like we're going to promote Vontrell King-Williams to the DL coach slot.  He was an off-field guy for us last year but has been a on-field assistant at Liberty and Eastern Michigan.  Apparently is very loved and respected by the current kids at Auburn.

According to hunter48 (coach and long time Bunker member), he's been very involved with the recruiting this past year, which seems to be backed up by this 247 Sports article from one of their national writers on off-field assistants that made their mark for the top recruiting classes of 2024:

IMG_4102.jpg

I was hoping for Pope but I like this better than bringing RG back for round three.

• Like 4

The Liberty Biberty connection strikes again, but I am excited for him being elevated to the DL coach. Great opportunity to capitalize on. 

Was told Staff is complete minus analyst and support staffers.

• Like 3

Great hire for continuation of recruiting relationships. That’s more important at the moment. Who knows, maybe he’s a rock star in the making. You can make a name for yourself in the SEC as a DL coach. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, woodford said:

Who knows, maybe he’s a rock star in the making. 

Many believe he is

• Love 1

On 2/5/2024 at 8:13 AM, aubiefifty said:

We also heard the same about T Williams and Gus, but when Gus went to UCF he made him his DC. I’m not disputing your post, just not sure I believe some of the rumors we hear about the behind the scenes stuff. That said, I’m glad we went with King-Williams and not RG. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

We also heard the same about T Williams and Gus, but when Gus went to UCF he made him his DC. I’m not disputing your post, just not sure I believe some of the rumors we hear about the behind the scenes stuff. That said, I’m glad we went with King-Williams and not RG. 

you are so right! if they do not hurt anyone i love the rumor mill tho.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

if they do not hurt anyone i love the rumor mill tho.

I’m with you there. It’s the Etowah County in me. 😅

• Haha 1