Saban retiring

1 hour ago, PigskinPat said:

They really are a sick bunch.

I did missionary work in Mongolia for many years and this looks pretty much exactly like their pagan shrines.. I’m not joking...😬

Edited by Bro Johnny Mac
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, SphyNxXx said:

I have a coworker that goes to church with them and she makes it sound like they are really nice people off the field. Nick sounds a bit robotic from what she has said. I kinda wonder if he might have Aspergers or something similar.

They were both amazing in the short time I spent with them. She was AWESOME! He was great as well…def more introverted IMO. 

Just now, Quietmaninthecorner said:

bama football

Yeah thats a good point, maybe its a wake for the football program, that makes more sense...welcome back to planet earth. :P

• Like 1

Oh no whoever will they get to cheat as much as he did... Oh wait!!!  I just saw Belicheck is available now

Think about it he fits the mold perfectly at the Crapstone.

1. Cut from the same cloth of cheating as Saban. 

2. Only can win with superior talent.

3. Robotic and egomaniacal personality.  

Is this a match made in heaven, I think so!!!

Even "paying" field now + the wild wild west transfer portal did saban in.  He was having to re-recruit all the 5 stars currently on the team.  I can see why that would be very frustrating at his age coming from the way bammer handled things in the past to what is happening now.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Has a pine box feel to it 😆

Yeah, and Nick Saban wasn't going to leave Spartanburg, then he wasn't going to leave Baton Rouge, and then he wasn't going to leave Miami. 

In my opinion they will be going after an NFL coach.  The "inside track" to the NFL is what saban established at bammer and is their whole approach to recruiting.  In order to hold onto their current players and recruiting class they still need to promote that same mindset.  The only way to do that is by hiring an NFL guy just like what they did when saban was hired.  Hiring a current college coach makes no sense for the program that saban built.

No particular order: available coaches:

Bill Belichick

Pete Carroll

Mike Vrabel 

Ron Rivera

Arthur Smith

Edited by AUY2K

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

EH...until they announce the new coach everything is on the table, heck Saban wasn't leaving Miami until the next day he was...lol.

Edited by bishoptf

25 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

EH...until they announce the new coach everything is on the table, heck Saban wasn't leaving Miami until the next day he was...lol.

Anything can change, but he sounds pretty convincing:

Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 11.28.52 AM.jpeg

2 hours ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I did missionary work in Mongolia for many years and this looks pretty much exactly like their pagan shrines.. I’m not joking...😬

I’ve always wanted to go. I’m assuming you enjoyed it if you kept going back. What’s it like?

55 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

In my opinion they will be going after an NFL coach.  The "inside track" to the NFL is what saban established at bammer and is their whole approach to recruiting.  In order to hold onto their current players and recruiting class they still need to promote that same mindset.  The only way to do that is by hiring an NFL guy just like what they did when saban was hired.  Hiring a current college coach makes no sense for the program that saban built.

Bill Belichick

Pete Carroll

Mike Vrabel 

Ron Rivera

Arthur Smith

Bilichick wouldn't coddle and baby college players like they have to be babied today, so he would have no chance to succeed.

Vrabel, maybe.

• Like 2

My extended family, who are all Alabama fans, are in mourning today.  Especially since Dan Lanning said "no".

My dad said that in his lifetime, he has been lucky enough to see two once-in-a-generation coaches at Alabama - Bryant and Saban - from the start to end of their careers.  He is also a huge Bilichick fan, and a huge Popovich fan.  And a Braves fan.

Think of all the championships he's enjoyed as a fan.  Saban is the best college coach ever, Bilichick the best NFL coach ever, and Popovich one of the best NBA coaches ever.

My dad is probably the luckiest fan ever, watching his favorite teams win all those championships.

1 hour ago, AUY2K said:

Bill Belichick

Pete Carroll

Mike Vrabel 

Ron Rivera

Arthur Smith

And who of those WANT to recruit teenagers?

JyYF31EbgzFGE.webp

14 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

Yeah I was like, “Never forget 10%?”

ok

1/10/24  NEVER FORGET

didnt know that "9/11" needed the year also  :big:

Edited by EagleEye67

8 minutes ago, Viper said:

And who of those WANT to recruit teenagers?

JyYF31EbgzFGE.webp

I sure would like to know Alice’s backstory. It also always bothered me that widow shows never hardly mention the dead parent. Andy Griffith Show, Brady Bunch, Full House. I mean, FH mentioned Mom Tanner more than the others, but really?

My money is on Kiffin.  Dan Lanning said "no", Greg Byrne won't take Dabo's calls, and no one else has the guts to follow Saban except someone cocky like Kiffin.

Just a guess...

Just now, WillMunny said:

My money is on Kiffin.  Dan Lanning said "no", Greg Byrne won't take Dabo's calls, and no one else has the guts to follow Saban except someone cocky like Kiffin.

Just a guess...

Cubelic & McElroy agree Dabo and Kiffin 0% chance.

1 minute ago, Viper said:

Cubelic & McElroy agree Dabo and Kiffin 0% chance.

If Kiffin doesn't get a call, I wonder if he will regret not coming to Auburn.  He is built for the drama of the Iron Bowl.  I figured he must have turned Auburn down last year because he was waiting for the Bama job.

I don't think he's made long-term plans to stay at Ole Miss, but maybe he has.  Would he bolt to UM if Harbaugh takes an NFL job?