Saban retiring

IMHO I'm not sure who they get will matter, Saban was Saban and while all the names bantered around may be a good fit, history has shown us that this was a rare event that happened at Bama. Some may say well look at Bear Bryant but again, I think we can show that once in a while (usually a long while) the stars aligned and things just click. Bama is always going to be able to recruit but I just think that whoever they get it's never going to be what it was moving forward...Bama will come back to earth somewhat, it may not happen next year or the year after but it's on it's way. Recruits will look at other options now that Saban is moving on, it was always going to happen just a matter of when. I always told the one's that I knew that were Bama fans for many years, enjoy it while you can, it's not going to last forever and I think that time has come. So whoever they get, they will win some games but this run has come to an end...history is littered with once great football programs that rose and fell...

BTW I really hope the information about dementia is untrue, my mom had it and its about the worse thing anyone could have to go through. Hoping that Saban and his family are healthy and well...

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

I've been told that the Mrs Terry stuff was a misdirection and she is okay. 

Thank goodness. I was around her this summer and was struggling with that possibility. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The Bama AD pushed it

Wow. 

IMG_0321.gif

44 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The Bama AD pushed it

If she is completely fine and if the Bama AD pushed that narrative I default to what I said earlier in the thread. Mark Emmert is gone for one year and Saban retires. They're hiding something or covering something up if they're falsely pushing a sympathy angle for his retirement. I would hope that an AD wouldn't intentionally go that low, but you never know?

A lot of ifs in that statement, but that would be some nasty depths.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

The Bama AD pushed it

Not doubting what you heard, but why in the world would he do that? What could possibly be gained by pushing that narrative?

• Thanks 1

Alabama fans are NOT going to handle this well. This will be an existential crisis for them. 

If they don’t win multiple playoff games/conference championships or a national title, they’ll have a new HC and AD by 28. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Also hearing Norvell and Locksley will be targeted

If I’m Norvell I want out of Tallahassee.  Seems like they have a mess down there with the ACC that’s not going away anytime soon.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Unless the US gets in a war or trump wins the presidential election, this is the biggest story of the year and we are only in the 10th day.

9 hours ago, Viper said:

If Belichick retires, he would easily dwarf this news. 

Congrats @E'Town4Bama your “National” news was the top story for ohhhhhhhhh about 16 hours. 

f’n bammers. Entitled self-righteous buffoons. SMFH.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, TigerOne said:

Home? What the hell does that mean?

it will be whoever Saban has ordained worthy. Prime would not be a bad choice and create a whole nother level of praise for racist uat

image.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AidiAU said:

Thank goodness. I was around her this summer and was struggling with that possibility. 

I have a coworker that goes to church with them and she makes it sound like they are really nice people off the field. Nick sounds a bit robotic from what she has said. I kinda wonder if he might have Aspergers or something similar.

12 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

If I’m Norvell I want out of Tallahassee.  Seems like they have a mess down there with the ACC that’s not going away anytime soon.  

Norvell seems feasible.   Following the sainted Saban will be the issue.    Kiffin or Locksley would take the job immediately if offered.   Kiffin with his personality might be able to withstand the comparisons better but he’s got to be no better than 5th or 6th on their list.  

10 hours ago, Viper said:

https://www.si.com/college/alabama/football/report-oregon-coach-dan-lanning-currently-in-tuscaloosa

According to a report from KVAL CBS in Eugene, Ore., the next head coach could already be in Tuscaloosa.

"As we did report before, I do, I previously worked in Alabama - in Tuscaloosa. Of course, I do have some sources there," said anchor Brandon Kamerman. "We did confirm that Lanning is in Tuscaloosa - in Alabama. It doesn't mean the job is signed - the contract is signed, but he's there and what I was told is that the players were told a decision will be made in the next 72 hours"

Kammerman spent time in Tuscaloosa as WVUA23's Assistant Sports Director from 2015-18 before accepting the Sports Director position for KVAL in Oregon.

Just curious if English is this cat's first language.

32 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

The only thing is Norvell just got to a point where his fan base doesn't want him fired out of a cannon. Does he really want to go through that again with an even worse fan base?

Just now, AUFightingSoldiers said:

That is so sad and frightening 

More like pathetic...look the dude is a legand and always will be but he is retiring, he's not dead...sheesh.