Saban retiring

18 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Eh I dont think it will be Kitten, he is not a recruiter and not sure if they would want to give that up. I'd be fine with Kitten since I do not think he is all that good...I mean he is like another Gus, going to win you some games but usually not the big ones. I just not sure he likes working that hard and Bama would be 24/7...guess we will see.

I think it will be him for the simple fact he knows the culture there, he has been successful there and I don't see Lanning or Sark following saban. Kiffin is crazy enough to do so. 

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

I think it will be him for the simple fact he knows the culture there, he has been successful there and I don't see Lanning or Sark following saban. Kiffin is crazy enough to do so. 

Yeah I guess we will see..I do not think he would work long term, just don't think as a HC he is that good...but I guess we will see...

7 minutes ago, woodford said:

He won’t get it this time but Jamey Chadwell could be the next HC

He will have to obtain more successful  power 5 experience before he gets to a place like Bama. He is a very good coach though. 

• Like 1

Just now, bishoptf said:

Yeah I guess we will see..I do not think he would work long term, just don't think as a HC he is that good...but I guess we will see...

I just don't see many options that Bama would support besides a big name with experience and successful in some sense. 

• Like 1

Here is Greg Byrne's quote from twitter..oops, sorry X...lmao

""As with any coaching search, our goal is to be thorough, but expedient. Our ideal candidate will be strong in recruiting and relationship building, player development, excel in Xs and Os and have the overall ability to lead this historic program. There will be plenty of rumors out there during this process. Next time I talk publicly will be to announce our new coach. If you don't hear it from me, don't believe it. Roll Tide!"

Kitten is nowhere close to a strong recruiter..but again I guess we will see...whoever they get will be a downgrade IMHO, saban was really a one of a kind fit for them, just really ran a good program from a coaching and talent perspective...

Edited by bishoptf
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bishoptf said:

Here is Greg Byrne's quote from twitter..oops, sorry X...lmao

""As with any coaching search, our goal is to be thorough, but expedient. Our ideal candidate will be strong in recruiting and relationship building, player development, excel in Xs and Os and have the overall ability to lead this historic program. There will be plenty of rumors out there during this process. Next time I talk publicly will be to announce our new coach. If you don't hear it from me, don't believe it. Roll Tide!"

Kitten is nowhere close to a strong recruiter..but again I guess we will see...whoever they get will be a downgrade IMHO, saban was really a one of a kind fit for them, just really ran a good program from a coaching and talent perspective...

Yes but key word ideal candidate. That would be Lanning or Sark who I do not think they will get . 

• Like 2

There is no doubt DeBoer can coach but not sure if anyone has seen Washingtons recruiting classes the past three years.

2022 - rivals class ranking of 89

2023 - rivals class ranking of 24

2024 - rivals class ranking of 46

It's widely known if you can't recruit in the SEC you virtually have no chance in this conference.  Don't believe me go ask our last coach....

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

He will have to obtain more successful  power 5 experience before he gets to a place like Bama. He is a very good coach though. 

That’s fair. I think he can do that though. If Dabo got the Bama job could totally see Chadwell at Clemson. 

• Like 1

I think Lane, Dabo, and Mike Norvell are the 3 that make most sense re: hire-a-bility and mutual interest.

The only proven HCs that would disgust me if Bama hired would be Smart (would make absolutely no sense whatsoever) or Urban Meyer, and I just don't see that happening, either.

Edited by tigeraddikt

22 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Respectfully disagree. What DeBoer did is much more in line with what Meyer did than Harsin. You can make up for lack of regional experience as long as you have national clout. Which Harsin had neither of.

I get the Meyer analogy. But he isn’t Meyer, yet. He would still be coming into a program completely foreign to him where prominent boosters have been waiting 17 years to stick their noses back into their business. Again, in that regard, he is similar to Harsin.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DAG said:

Didn't Lane burn some bridges last time he was there?   

13 minutes ago, alabastertiger said:

I don’t know how true all that was. 

19 minutes ago, Viper said:

I get the Meyer analogy. But he isn’t Meyer, yet. He would still be coming into a program completely foreign to him where prominent boosters have been waiting 17 years to stick their noses back into their business. Again, in that regard, he is similar to Harsin.

Keep in mind I’m talking about when Florida hired him. DeBoer’s resume has to be at least as good as UM’s was in 2005.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I just don't see many options that Bama would support besides a big name with experience and successful in some sense. 

Prime is the wildcard

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Keep in mind I’m talking about when Florida hired him. DeBoer’s resume has to be at least as good as UM’s was in 2005.

I know what teams and time period you’re referring to. But DeBoer hasn’t accomplished a thing in the SEC, much less the intense microscope bammer is.

Sonny Dykes was a hot name too this time last year due to also reaching the title game. Let’s see what DeBoer does without his Heisman caliber QB and three All American WRs next season. 

1 minute ago, TigerOne said:

Prime is the wildcard

Yeah, that possibility is very intriguing.

If Deion had 2-3 proven years of recruiting and on-field success, I could definitely see it.  Not sure Bama wants to gamble that Deion can lead a major program and coach as well as he can recruit.  He hasn't proven that yet.

41 minutes ago, alabastertiger said:

Yes and her name was 😶

5 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Prime is the wildcard

If AU wouldn’t touch him, bammer damn sure won’t.

• Like 1

The local news just posted James Franklin and ND’s coach.  Would love either one of those to end up in Tuscaloosa.  Franklin has plateaued at Penn State.  He’s going to start feeling heat if they can’t compete with Ohio State and Michigan.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Prime is the wildcard

That would certainly be interesting 

57 minutes ago, Viper said:

would love to see the gumps hire their "Harsin"

bj.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

His stock has cratered faster than any coach not named Bryan Harsin

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

The local news just posted James Franklin and ND’s coach.  Would love either one of those to end up in Tuscaloosa.  Franklin has plateaued at Penn State.  He’s going to start feeling heat if they can’t compete with Ohio State and Michigan.

Feel like? He can’t compete with them. He’s a pretty mediocre coach.