Saban retiring

18 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

ANYONE BUT DABO !  

Sound familiar ?  Anyone but Chizik ?

It's going to be Dabo

You’ve been pushing Dabo all day. Any particular reason you’re so convinced?

Honest question. Why has no one brought up Urban Meyer? He always seems to be a name thrown around for coaching searches, and I haven’t seen him mentioned anywhere this time.

We will never know how many coaches turn down this job.  Expectations are unreasonable and coaches know that fact.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hikerdns said:

Nobody's saying it...but most logical is Petrino : )

Dead_Horse.gif

5 hours ago, Elephant Tipper said:

Maybe, maybe not, but for years I have asked every bammer I've talked to who would replace NS and the answer has always been DS.  When asked if they would consider someone else, they all said no.  That's only a few dozen people though.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

You’ve been pushing Dabo all day. Any particular reason you’re so convinced?

I'll bet you a 79.8 winning percentage over 16 seasons,

then raise you 2 NCs,

then re-raise you #9, #11, #16, #7, #10, #3, #5, #10, #11 and #12 recruiting classes for the past decade,

AND THEN, I'll go all in on the fact that DS is an UpDyke through and through such that their fanbase has said they wanted him all along to replace NS.

The quibbles heard about not hiring him comes from UpDyke fans who get upset over not being worshipped, like DS has shown.  The sane people who actually do the hiring would never pass up a candidate with DS's credentials.  It's about resume', not personality.

No potential candidate comes close to DS's record.

Dabo Swinney - Wikipedia

Clempson recruiting classes: 2024 Recruit Football Team Rankings (247sports.com)

Plus, DS is a true ambassador for college football.  He'll pick up where NS left off without missing a beat.

IF DS is not hired, then it will be because he rejected the job, not because it wasn't offered to him and I won't look so samrt.

43 minutes ago, Viper said:

I absolutely love it when Legend gets ramped up, even though I can't understand half of what he says.  Maybe it's that prison jargon.

Either Legend or I will be disappointed in the next 24 48 hours.  LOL

Edited by Elephant Tipper

41 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Honest question. Why has no one brought up Urban Meyer? He always seems to be a name thrown around for coaching searches, and I haven’t seen him mentioned anywhere this time.

Shhhhh.......

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

then raise you 2 NCs,

then re-raise you #9, #11, #16, #7, #10, #3, #5, #10, #11 and #12 recruiting classes for the past decade,

AND THEN, I'll go all in on the fact that DS is an UpDyke through and through such that their fanbase has said they wanted him all along to replace NS.

The quibbles heard about not hiring him comes from UpDyke fans who get upset over not being worshipped, like DS has shown.  The sane people who actually do the hiring would never pass up a candidate with DS's credentials.  It's about resume', not personality.

Dabo Swinney - Wikipedia

Clempson recruiting classes: 2024 Recruit Football Team Rankings (247sports.com)

Plus, DS is a true ambassador for college football.  He'll pick up where NS left off without missing a beat.

IF DS is not hired, then it will be because he rejected the job, not because it wasn't offered to him and I won't look so samrt.

Okay. You’ve thrown out a lot of data. But it’s all over his career at Clemson. What he he done recently? Clemson is going on 3  straight 3 loss seasons. His recruiting classes have been outside the top 10 in recent years. And, on top of that, he is pretty adamant about not using the transfer portal. Seems like you’re overly focused on what he was doing 5 or more years ago. He’s not adapted to the game, and it’s showing. 

30 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

then raise you 2 NCs,

Dabo Swinney - Wikipedia

100% agreed, but for whatever reason, Cubelic & McElroy both say 0%.

15 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Okay. You’ve thrown out a lot of data. But it’s all over his career at Clemson. What he he done recently? Clemson is going on 3  straight 3 loss seasons. His recruiting classes have been outside the top 10 in recent years. And, on top of that, he is pretty adamant about not using the transfer portal. Seems like you’re overly focused on what he was doing 5 or more years ago. He’s not adapted to the game, and it’s showing. 

Who has a record which compares with Dabo's, for so long ?

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

100% agreed, but for whatever reason, Cubelic & McElroy both say 0%.

Really ?  They'd have to give a reason(s) to make that claim.  Did they ?

28 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

Who has a record which compares with Dabo's, for so long ?

Missing the point… Dabo is not shifting with the times. Whatever he was as a coach 5 years ago, he’s not been very successful as of late. It doesn’t matter what he was doing 5 years ago. The college football landscape is drastically different now. He has yet to show that he can thrive in this current landscape.

Edited by ScotsAU

7 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Clempson was ranked '15-'23: #2, #1, #4, #1, #2, #2, #14, #13, #20.  DS's record is stellar.  UA sees him as a work in progress and the bean counters will bring him around to embrace the changes they want.  If he doesn't, then he'll be out of a job even at Clempson.....and he knows that.

I prefer that it not be DS, sincerely, because he will be the one the UpDykes rally behind the easiest and quickest for the next 20 seasons.  UA fans may be upset with him at first, but that will disappear like a puff of smoke when the AD says Dabo's name.  I would rather have UA in disarray for years like they suffered after PBB retired than hire DS because he will carry the torch as their dynasty maker with a true connection to UA, a la PBB and Stallings.

PLUS, DS is capable of pushback with the fanbase which he will need at UA.  The ptb at UA know that their fanbase has to have a hc with an iron will to withstand their culture, especially because they are so whiney, even when they're doing well.  LK would eventually crumble.  He's meek and UA would run him off too easily.  UM is a cakewalk compared to UA for LK and he knows it.  Like I said above, I prefer that LK be hired.  PBB, Stallings and NS each was a man of tough character and the ones who weren't didn't succeed.  Of the other candidates mentioned, I don't see one similar except for DS.  DS's response to the call from Tyler only whetted the ptb's appetite for hiring him because he naturally told Tyler to go jump in a lake.  That ruffled only the sensitive fanbase, but the strong-willed heard him as a man worthy of respect because he demanded such.

It's Dabo.

17 hours ago, bigbird said:

I've been told that the Mrs Terry stuff was a misdirection and she is okay. 

Man that’s a new low

• Like 1

I’m reading on another board that the boosters at UA are coming back like they used to and they are pushing for Mike Locksley.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elephant Tipper said:

Really ?  They'd have to give a reason(s) to make that claim.  Did they ?

They did not.

3 hours ago, SphyNxXx said:

I’m reading on another board that the boosters at UA are coming back like they used to and they are pushing for Mike Locksley.

Well for one he facilitated Auburn making themselves look like fools.

If Bammers could read they'd be devastated. Saban's of course due respect but as an Auburn fan I'm kinda sorry to see him go. Nobody beat him more than Auburn and he personally kicked us into the top 10 more than once. Malzahn outcoached him more than once, who can forget Nix jumping around after ole Gus did it when he was QB. Happy trails Nicky.

Fwiw I hope it's perpetually overrated Sarkisian. He has bamzo grooming.

Edited by aucanucktiger

8 hours ago, SphyNxXx said:

He would be a great choice if he would take it, IMO.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

If Bammers could read they'd be devastated. Saban's of course due respect but as an Auburn fan I'm kinda sorry to see him go. Nobody beat him more than Auburn and he personally kicked us into the top 10 more than once. Malzahn outcoached him more than once, who can forget Nix jumping around after ole Gus did it when he was QB. Happy trails Nicky.

Fwiw I hope it's perpetually overrated Sarkisian. He has bamzo grooming.

He should have 2 more losses, TBH. 2021 and 2023. 

Remarkably, Dabo has said no thanks after Byrne reached out to him.

This is per Larry Williams at tigerillustrated.com

Looks like it will be DeBoer.