Saban retiring

29 minutes ago, Viper said:

Remarkably, Dabo has said no thanks after Byrne reached out to him.

This is per Larry Williams at tigerillustrated.com

Looks like it will be DeBoer.

Here's a name being floated by some REC, Glenn Schumann

Glenn Schumann - Wikipedia  co-DC at Jawja, 33 years old........I hope that they hire him

Edited by Elephant Tipper

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

Could be a failsafe option if DeBoer & Norvell say no thanks. 

Thanks for the tigerillustrated info.  Here's what the President of Clemson and DS have said: Clemson president addresses Dabo Swinney as potential Alabama candidate: 'Dabo's our guy' (247sports.com)

When does the “72 hour” window end? Tonight? 
I would love to start seeing some desperation from that fan base. 😎

• Haha 3

I got curious what Bama fans were thinking. So I went over to one of their message boards. Nick announced that he planned to keep an office in the athletic complex and stay close to the program. They actually seemed kind of annoyed by that because they think it might stop top candidates from taking the job, fearing that they’d have low control over their program. I think they are right. That might be why they haven’t been able to land some of their top candidates. Nobody wants a head coaching role where they have to indirectly answer to Saban.

13 minutes ago, Viper said:

Bring on DeBoer

DeBor canceled a radio appearance this morning.  Was assumed he was bama bound. But, just read he had an inperson meeting with Washington AD is why radio spot got canceled.  It will be glorious if he announces he is staying put

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, aujohnson said:

Was he behind Norvell on the list? 🤔

No one knows but likely lateral level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

DeBor canceled a radio appearance this morning.  Was assumed he was bama bound. But, just read he had an inperson meeting with Washington AD is why radio spot got canceled.  It will be glorious if he announces he is staying put

12aW6JtfvUdcdO.webp

• Haha 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Saban may have messed up when he said he was gonna still be hanging around. What coach would wanna sign up for that

jRTD0svQ2M9WD4PNhh.webp

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Saban may have messed up when he said he was gonna still be hanging around. What coach would wanna sign up for that

For some reason I could picture Dabo letting Saban dress him every day if it meant being close to bama. I might be wrong.🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

I got curious what Bama fans were thinking. So I went over to one of their message boards. Nick announced that he planned to keep an office in the athletic complex and stay close to the program. They actually seemed kind of annoyed by that because they think it might stop top candidates from taking the job, fearing that they’d have low control over their program. I think they are right. That might be why they haven’t been able to land some of their top candidates. Nobody wants a head coaching role where they have to indirectly answer to Saban.

Good point. As much as I respect him if I were a HC I wouldn’t want him physically around the program unless I asked for it or input. P

48 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

What I was reading elsewhere, that was cited as a likely reason they would go after a former assistant like Locksley.

52 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I mean, it worked out so well for Tennessee back when they named Fulmer the AD….😂

I thought Greg Byrne said they were not going to get someone outside of the southeast. I think he is a decent coach, but he has no contacts in the south, I dunno that doesnt seem like a good fit but maybe Saban is going to continue to recruit...LMAO

Edit he stated they wanted a strong recruiter...nothing about the southeast...oh well, I like the guy but not sure he is going to be a good fit there, which i'm perfectly fine with ROFL

Edited by bishoptf

4 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

I thought Greg Byrne said they were not going to get someone outside of the southeast. I think he is a decent coach, but he has no contacts in the south, I dunno that doesnt seem like a good fit but maybe Saban is going to continue to recruit...LMAO

Edit he stated they wanted a strong recruiter...nothing about the southeast...oh well, I like the guy but not sure he is going to be a good fit there, which i'm perfectly fine with ROFL

I honestly think Nick Saban choosing to stay around the program scared off all the decent candidates in the. Southeast. This is a win for Auburn if true. DuBoer is a good coach, but not much of a recruiter historically. 

• Like 1

Interesting. 
He either hires folks he isn’t familiar with or he comes in with no southern contacts and relationships. 
This could get even more interesting.

🍿