Saban retiring

Peaked at tidefans forum and what I saw everyone think it's a homerun hire..LMAO...I guess we will see, he can coach but sure does remind me of harsin gang...no contacts in the south etc...high school coaches etc...should be fun to watch this melt down next year

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bishoptf said:

Peaked at tidefans forum and what I saw everyone think it's a homerun hire..LMAO...I guess we will see, he can coach but sure does remind me of harsin gang...no contacts in the south etc...high school coaches etc...should be fun to watch this melt down next year

It does have the same stink to it. 

al.com says that negotiations are underway.   I will be okay if they hire him but if it falls through, I want a court level seat for the meltdown. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

image.png

😂😂😂😂

• Haha 5

He’s won either at lower competitive levels or in places that were languishing and needed a turnaround. Neither of those scenarios describes Turdscaloosa. They’re gonna expect that man to field a dominant team that is favored in every game from Day 1, with no more than about one loss per year. Could be another Urban Meyer, or another Harsin. Probably somewhere in between. Personally, I think it’ll eat him up and spit him out in about 3-4 years time. Time will tell. Curious what his “process” is…

Edited by tigeraddikt
  • Like 1

Poor Will Rogers lol ahhh the unintended consequences of being able to transfer. It's not such a crystal palace after all. 

11 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

I think Debeor will recruit and build relationships with boosters unlike Harsin. Harsin was actually a lazy dk.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

He’s won either at lower competitive levels or in places that were languishing and needed a turnaround. Neither of those scenarios describes Turdscaloosa. They’re gonna expect that man to field a dominant team that is favored in every game from Day 1, with no more than about one loss per year. Could be another Oats, or another Harsin. Probably somewhere in between. Personally, I think it’ll eat him up and spit him out in about 3-4 years time. Time will tell. Curious what his “process” is…

All I know is recruiting is brutal in the SEC and if you look at his recruiting classes never have been that high...I guess we will see, I am hoping to return to the pre saban days when they couldnt find a coach...:)

• Like 2

Just now, Auburn93 said:

I think Debeor will recruit and build relationships with boosters unlike Harsin. Harsin was actually a lazy dk.

I think you misunderstand the culture difference between the northwest and southeast.  

1 minute ago, Auburn93 said:

but, but, Harsin said it was a process...lmao..

4 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

He’s won either at lower competitive levels or in places that were languishing and needed a turnaround. Neither of those scenarios describes Turdscaloosa. They’re gonna expect that man to field a dominant team that is favored in every game from Day 1, with no more than about one loss per year. Could be another Oats, or another Harsin. Probably somewhere in between. Personally, I think it’ll eat him up and spit him out in about 3-4 years time. Time will tell. Curious what his “process” is…

He will be more likable than Saban ever was. He will respect people.

Just now, Auburn93 said:

He will be more likable than Saban ever was. He will respect people.

Mike Shula was a peach.  Didn’t translate to wins.  

1 minute ago, bishoptf said:

All I know is recruiting is brutal in the SEC and if you look at his recruiting classes never have been that high...I guess we will see, I am hoping to return to the pre saban days when they couldnt find a coach...:)

Yes, but just being at Bama and having Lord Saban still have an office in the building gets you to about the top 15-18 ranked class. Then the extra work on relationship building takes you up from there. Is he capable of doing that? Not like Saban. He’s gonna be much more respectful to the media, which they’ll eat up, but I think he cares what people think about him. Like Norvell. 

13 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

Mike Shula was a peach.  Didn’t translate to wins.  

They weren't cheating at the level they did under Saban. Game is different. Now how much will the REC give?

1 minute ago, Auburn93 said:

They weren't cheating at the level they did under Saban. Game is different. Now how much will the REC give?

The field is more level now.  

33 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

I don’t think it will be next year that they’ll have to worry about. Again, he isn’t a bad on field coach.  Just hasn’t shown a lot recruiting wise. That will take a year or two to rear its head. Wouldn’t surprise me if they were actually still very good for the next year or two, but fall off after that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

The field is more level now.  

This is what I’m happy about. For the last 15 years, we’ve had to fight, scratch, and claw for recruits. It seems like it gets a little easier now. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

This is what I’m happy about. For the last 15 years, we’ve had to fight, scratch, and claw for recruits. It seems like it gets a little easier now. 

Freeze personality to Debeor personality might be like Dye to Perkins. That is an angle I didn't think of.

41 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

I don't think it does.

Deboer inherited a team that was 4-8 and he took them to the national championship in 2 years.

Bryan Harsin inherited a team that was used to winning and had a clear talent advantage in the conference.

7 minutes ago, arein0 said:

I don't think it does.

Deboer inherited a team that was 4-8 and he took them to the national championship in 2 years.

Bryan Harsin inherited a team that was used to winning and had a clear talent advantage in the conference.

Not exactly what I meant.  It was more of a cultural mismatch.  

• Like 1