2024 Miss St 4* Transfer OT Percy Lewis Commits To AU!

toddc

• toddc changed the title to Mississippi Transfer OT Percy Lewis Committed to Auburn

Looks like Freeze is better at Portal than many thought. Recently we have pulled in a TE, DL, and now an OT.

Great job at a position of need. Also has 2 years eligibility.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1

Sounds like he’s big enough to get in the way if nothing else.  The fact that he wants to work with our strength and conditioning coach is a good sign that he is serious about his future.

I believe we're building for long term success. If you build the LOS on both sides of the ball, the other skillsets will come. Initially, it's not always quick returns, but it lasts. Great teams teams are built with linemen.

Edited by creed
  • Like 1

Strength and conditioning coach name STUDzinski ... Love it.   One of the companies I use to work for had a VP name Dick Hammer, but Studzinski is so fitting!

• Haha 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Mississippi St Transfer OT Percy Lewis Committed to Auburn

This should be our best OL since 2017...I realize that's not saying much but I'll take it lol.

Edited by AUwent

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 Miss St 4* Transfer OT Percy Lewis Commits To AU!
On 1/16/2024 at 3:49 PM, AUwent said:

This should be our best OL since 2017...I realize that's not saying much but I'll take it lol.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

How did I miss this pickup? This is freakin' MASSIVE!!! It's exactly the piece we had to have to be competitive offensively next season. 

I don't know, maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I think Thorne can be what we need to have a good season with a better supporting cast... and the WRs we signed should provide that for him. Lewis appears to be the beef we need to shore up O-line issues, and the return of all our RBs means we're stout there, as well.

Naturally, I always seem to overestimate Auburn's chances (though I had us with 7-8 wins last year preseason, and if not for two huge disappointments that should have been avoided...), but from where I'm sittin', I don't think double-digit wins is off the table for us this year. I don't know what Oklahoma has coming back, but UGA is the only team we play that should be clearly better than us, talent-wise, besides possibly the Sooners, so 10-2 isn't unreasonable **IF** I'm right about Thorne.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Rednilla said:

How did I miss this pickup? This is freakin' MASSIVE!!! It's exactly the piece we had to have to be competitive offensively next year. 

I don't know, maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I think Thorne can be what we need to have a good season with a better supporting cast... and the WRs we signed should provide that for him. Lewis appears to be the beef we need to shore up O-line issues, and the return of all our RBs means we're stout there, as well.

Naturally, I always seem to overestimate Auburn's chances (though I had us with 7-8 wins last year preseason, and if not for two huge disappointments that should have been avoided...), but from where I'm sittin', I don't think double-digit wins is off the table for us this year. I don't know what Oklahoma has coming back, but UGA is the only team we play that should be clearly better than us, talent-wise, besides possibly the Sooners, so 10-2 isn't unreasonable **IF** I'm right about Thorne.

Bama starters should be higher rated than our starters in 2024 I believe.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Bama starters should be higher rated than our starters in 2024 I believe.

Maybe, I don't know, but does that mean they will be clearly better than us? For one thing, depth matters, but it's possible that DeBoer's system doesn't work out so well with the players that stick around. A head coaching change and the exit of about half the roster makes for a lot of questions in T-town.

• Like 3

They were higher  rated in '23....but if we had a DC that had enough sense to rush more than 2 & give the turd qb 9-10 seconds to find a receiver we would have won....just sayin'