Around the league (1/13)

There’s a lot of good games on today. This is a really good chance to maybe start to separate ourselves a little bit. I think UGA has a great shot to knock off Tennessee and I’m picking Mrs St. over Bama tonight. Anyone else think Texas A&M is going to beat Kentucky? What games are you keeping an eye around the league?

IMG_1200.jpeg

• Like 1

You like a dog, don’t you?  I am the same way.  

I think all those you mentioned have a shot.  

I don’t think it will happen but I always cheer for Vandy especially against a team like Ole Miss. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

You like a dog, don’t you?  I am the same way.  

I think all those you mentioned have a shot.  

I don’t think it will happen but I always cheer for Vandy especially against a team like Ole Miss. 

Vanderbilt is getting better and ole miss is Cinderella circa midnight. I’ll be pulling for the commodores

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

Mrs St.

Man, why ya gotta down the Dawgs? Mississippi State is a fellow land-grant university (i.e. cow college), and having visited there when a friend was in grad school, Starkville really isn't all that dissimilar from Auburn. It's smaller, and the stadium is smaller, and we smashed them on the weekend I visited, but the people (and not just the ones who were hosting me) were friendly before, during, and after, just like I've heard many opponents say of Auburn regardless of the outcome of the game.

Now, granted, this was before 2010, and I understand there have been some misgivings between the two fan bases since the Cam fiasco, but I've always considered Miss State to be somewhat of a brothers-in-arms institution to our beloved Auburn.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Man, why ya gotta down the Dawgs? Mississippi State is a fellow land-grant university (i.e. cow college), and having visited there when a friend was in grad school, Starkville really isn't all that dissimilar from Auburn. It's smaller, and the stadium is smaller, and we smashed them on the weekend I visited, but the people (and not just the ones who were hosting me) were friendly before, during, and after, just like I've heard many opponents say of Auburn regardless of the outcome of the game.

Now, granted, this was before 2010, and I understand there have been some misgivings between the two fan bases since the Cam fiasco, but I've always considered Miss State to be somewhat of a brothers-in-arms institution to our beloved Auburn.

Agreed.  My son in law’s family are all big State fans. He choose to make a better choice but he was close to being a Bully.  

Back to the topic, UGA ain’t skeered.  

Edited by NCAubs
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I too have a weird affection for the Mississippi dawgs. My favorite professor at Auburn was from Mississippi State. I just give everyone grief. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

Agreed.  My son in law’s family are all big State fans. He choose to make a better choice but he was close to being a Bully.  

Back to the topic, UGA ain’t skeered.  

No UGA ain’t skeered at all and we’ve got to play them twice. They’re a tough little team. I think they’ll be dancing in March. 

• Like 1

Tennessee erases an 11 point deficit in the final 3 minutes to steal one in Athens. Texas A&M up 5 on Kentucky with thirteen minutes left in the first half. Ole Miss leading Vanderbilt by 11 with 11 minutes left. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

I too have a weird affection for the Mississippi dawgs. My favorite professor at Auburn was from Mississippi State. I just give everyone grief. 

Well, I live in Mississippi. And anyone from the outside who does will quickly develop a preference for State over Ole Miss.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Down goes Kentucky at aTm. Didn't see that coming.

I thought they could, but didn't know if they would. We just need to take care of LSU tonight. They struggled mightily early, but are much improved since Cook became eligible.

1 hour ago, arktiger1975 said:

And if we win.

Well if they lose, the tenor of the season becomes pretty bleak anyway tbh

you CANT lose this game, especially with no quad 1 wins (I would hope A&M gets close to that area after today’s win)

• Like 2

Nelson from Alabama has a strong future as a sexual predator based on his haircut and facial hair.