Ladies vs #7LSU

AUHAT

WDE ladies! Got to watch most of the 2nd half. Great performance! And a great crowd!

• Like 1

So glad to get that win! I was so fearful of yet another close, moral victory loss that would have meant little. Maybe, just maybe, Coach Harris and our ladies are starting to turn a corner.

29 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

So glad to get that win! I was so fearful of yet another close, moral victory loss that would have meant little. Maybe, just maybe, Coach Harris and our ladies are starting to turn a corner.

I forgot the time, but there was a point where their crowd took back control of the volume in the 4th and the crowd definitely temporarily dazed. A lot of props has to be given to the band and the crowd for combating that LSU contingency almost every time they got rowdy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Probably the greatest upset in modern Auburn athletics history 

You are getting a little ridiculous. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUHAT said:

Cardwell supporting the Ladies.

Got to love him.

He is the Auburnest athlete in a while. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I promise you it wouldn’t have been that hard to provide some examples if you disagree. 

Before I do, please define “modern” history. 

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I promise you it wouldn’t have been that hard to provide some examples if you disagree. 

17-16.  

Nix to Sanders. 

Auburn becomes the first team in SEC history to win four tournament games in four days as Auburn defeats Alabama in the SEC Tournament Championship Game 53–49 in overtime.

The Kick Six

Are we only talking women’s basketball?

1 minute ago, NCAubs said:

17-16.  

Nix to Sanders. 

Auburn becomes the first team in SEC history to win four tournament games in four days as Auburn defeats Alabama in the SEC Tournament Championship Game 53–49 in overtime.

The Kick Six

Johnnie Harris’ first SEC win will be one to remember.

Auburn’s women’s basketball team snapped a seven-game losing streak with a momentous upset of fourth-ranked Tennessee, 71-61, Thursday night at Auburn Arena. The win was the first for the program over a top-five team since 1997, and it prompted the student section to storm the court after the final buzzer sounded.

That was not long ago.  

GFY @Dual-Threat Rigby

Who cares about greatest victory............can't we just enjoy todays victory which I totally did not expect.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

17-16.  

Nix to Sanders. 

The Kick Six

I would say this millennium is modern, or at least the last 30 years, but I don’t think you’re on the same page in regards to biggest upset. An undefeated Auburn team beating an Alabama team ranked beneath them is not a bigger upset. That play is a big spectacle - it’s a difference. Same thing with the 2013 Iron Bowl.

THIS was a veritable super team, defending national champions, that won 16 straight losing to a fairly downtrodden Auburn WBB program. That’s an actual upset 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

Johnnie Harris’ first SEC win will be one to remember.

Auburn’s women’s basketball team snapped a seven-game losing streak with a momentous upset of fourth-ranked Tennessee, 71-61, Thursday night at Auburn Arena. The win was the first for the program over a top-five team since 1997, and it prompted the student section to storm the court after the final buzzer sounded.

That was not long ago.  

GFY @Dual-Threat Rigby

I’m glad you were finally able to find an example of some value - that’s one I considered. Tenn didn’t have the same talent as LSU does this year, and wasn’t the defending champion. That was a huge one though, no lie. The home crowd was 1/6th of this one, but there also weren’t many Tenn fans like the LSU fans that showed out for this, so a lot less opposition. There’s pros and cons depending on which example you choose to go with. 

Again, I applaud you for picking an actual upset with some real juice and not #1 Alabama against #4 Auburn. You finally passed the test! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Who cares about greatest victory............can't we just enjoy todays victory which I totally did not expect.

I definitely didn’t intend on getting that deep into it when I made the post. It’s just the proper backdrop to explain where each of these programs were and to appreciate how big an accomplishment this was. It was meant to add to the win, not subtract. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’m glad you were finally able to find an example of some value - that’s one I considered. Tenn didn’t have the same talent as LSU does this year, and wasn’t the defending champion. That was a huge one though, no lie. The home crowd was 1/6th of this one, but there also weren’t many Tenn fans like the LSU fans that showed out for this, so a lot less opposition. There’s pros and cons depending on which example you choose to go with. 

Again, I applaud you for picking an actual upset with some real juice and not #1 Alabama against #4 Auburn. You finally passed the test! 

Thanks, bruh. 

11 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I definitely didn’t intend on getting that deep into it when I made the post. It’s just the proper backdrop to explain where each of these programs were and to appreciate how big an accomplishment this was. It was meant to add to the win, not subtract. 

I apologize for the GFY.