Time again for Political Compass Test

DKW 86

On 1/23/2024 at 7:59 PM, SaltyTiger said:

Yep, you make the Hitler/MAGA comparison regularly. Maybe time for new material?

It's more relevant than ever.

And it's Fascist/MAGA. 

On 1/23/2024 at 12:49 PM, auburnatl1 said:

He’s older, grumpier, set on revenge, and won’t be worried about being on good behavior for a reelection run

Agreed but I would add: he’s not worried about re-election because he intends to stay there for good this time. That has been his intention from day one. 

• Facepalm 1

26 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Agreed but I would add: he’s not worried about re-election because he intends to stay there for good this time. That has been his intention from day one. 

This is suppose to be the forum for serious conversation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is suppose to be the forum for serious conversation.

I agree that Trump would not go beyond 4 years. The US is still coup-proof for now.

What concerns me about Trump is that he would consider it. And what disappoints me about maga is that theyd more than support it. 

Edited by auburnatl1

14 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

What concerns me about Trump is that he would consider it. And what disappoints me about maga is that theyd more than support it. 

I don’t think he would consider it at all.  He would, and probably will, try to pave the way for Don Jr, Eric or Ivanka to get into politics is a bigger way.

13 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I don’t think he would consider it at all.  He would, and probably will, try to pave the way for Don Jr, Eric or Ivanka to get into politics is a bigger way.

We disagree. But imo if you’re right itd be because be his age, not his ethics. Also if he feels there’s any risk of legal jeopardy when he left office. 

Dem hysteria aside, I do think many people underestimate what compassless personalities like trump are capable of. Or the degree of his survival instinct.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

We disagree. But imo if you’re right itd be because be his age, not his ethics. Also if he feels there’s any risk of legal jeopardy when he left office. 

Dem hysteria aside, I do think many people underestimate what compassless personalities like trump are capable of. Or the degree of his survival instinct.

He's mentioned a third term as a "joke" more than once. It's what he does - float ridiculous ideas repeatedly to condition away the shock value, so eventually his supporters go right along with just about anything.

35 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

He's mentioned a third term as a "joke" more than once. It's what he does - float ridiculous ideas repeatedly to condition away the shock value, so eventually his supporters go right along with just about anything.

My father asked me once “why does it surprise you when crazy people say and do crazy things? Theyre baked that way.”

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

My father asked me once “why does it surprise you when crazy people say and do crazy things? Theyre baked that way.”

Doesn't surprise me that he says crazy things. It surprises me that so many don't see him as crazy. 

I can almost understand some people voting for him in the '20 general election - if you see Democrats as an existential threat then you'll vote for any alternative - but it will never make sense to me how he's steamrolled his way to the top of the Republican party again. 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2024 at 11:28 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

Yet votes and financial support  for "independent" Candidates and third parties are no higher than they've ever been.

More people than ever may identify as Independent but all their money and support still only goes to the 2 major parties. 

I know, it is truly sad. We want better options, but we only have the same ole crappy ones we have always had.

• Facepalm 1

22 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I truly doubt that happens. Really. Those three would be just as happy, or happier, just giving opinions like the 100K career poo-flingers we have now do every day. I hope and pray that one day hyperbole will be punishable by death. 😉

21 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Thank you. But those with tDS bite the whole hook every single time. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

4 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I truly doubt that happens. Really. Those three would be just as happy, or happier, just giving opinions like the 100K career poo-flingers we have now do every day. I hope and pray that one day hyperbole will be punishable by death. 😉

If hyperbole were to be outlawed a whole industry would crash and burn.  Not necessarily a bad thing.

22 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

My father asked me once “why does it surprise you when crazy people say and do crazy things?  Theyre baked that way.”

Now, now,  curb your "hysteria".  ;)

Edited by homersapien

On 1/19/2024 at 2:26 PM, auburnatl1 said:

The interesting thing is that some people don’t score as extreme as their rants - may be hope yet.

Faulty instrument. But you keep hoping. 😉