Time again for Political Compass Test

DKW 86

33 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

I knew you were solid! Don’t tell homer.

The interesting thing is that some people don’t score as extreme as their rants - may be hope yet.

29 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

The interesting thing is that some people don’t score as extreme as their rants - may be hope yet.

Or you could say the propoganda being used is more effective that the non-extreme are parroting the extremist views.

I can't get the damn thing to copy from my phone, but I'm pretty much at the ordered pair (0,-3).

I don't really like the wording of some of the questions (if a question had "always", for example, I pretty much disagree with that at a minimum...I definitely work and live in the shades of gray), but it's still a decent big-picture poll.

IMG_3126.jpeg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

While I'd like to think that, their posts speak for themselves.

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

While I'd like to think that, their posts speak for themselves.

Side note. It’s also about Biden. As I’ve said before, only 20% of the country is maga. And only another 20% is progressive or further left. The 60% that’s left I believe don’t post or talk too much because they’re not political junkies.  And they have absolutely no idea what to do. But policy matters.

It isn’t just about Trump being nuts, it’s also about Biden being a VERY weak candidate with a shaky track record. IMO   If he were  to simply step aside and a more intellectually capable and moderate candidate were to run - Trump would be crushed by 20 pts.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Side note. It’s also about Biden. As I’ve said before, only 20% of the country is maga. And only another 20% is progressive or further left. The 60% that’s left I believe don’t post or talk too much because they’re not political junkies.  And they have absolutely no idea what to do. But policy matters.

It isn’t just about Trump being nuts, it’s also about Biden being a VERY weak candidate with a shaky track record. IMO   If he were  to simply step aside and a more intellectually capable and moderate candidate were to run - Trump would be crushed by 20 pts.

True.  But I don't think policy is really Biden's weakness.  His policies aren't  all perfect but Trump's would be a disaster, especially regarding foreign policy.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

True.  But I don't think policy is really Biden's weakness.  His policies aren't  all perfect but Trump's would be a disaster, especially regarding foreign policy.

If you watch bill maher last night he said something I’m hearing more and more - elections will become about sane vs nuts.  And he lumps both maga and the progressive left as 2 sides of the same dangerous coin - nuts.

btw

https://www.mediaite.com/news/poll-bill-maher-trusted-more-than-tucker-carlson-joe-rogan-and-even-jake-tapper/

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

If you watch bill maher last night he said something I’m hearing more and more - elections will become about sane vs nuts.  And he lumps both maga and the progressive left as 2 sides of the same dangerous coin - nuts.

btw

https://www.mediaite.com/news/poll-bill-maher-trusted-more-than-tucker-carlson-joe-rogan-and-even-jake-tapper/

Who exactly is the "progressive left" and what actual harm have they done - or are doing - to the country that compares to Trump and the MAGA republicans?

Do they control the Democratic party? What serious political power do they have?

This is a case of false equivalency.  The "progressive left" are hardly the "opposite side of the same dangerous coin".

• Facepalm 1

36 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Who exactly is the "progressive left" and what actual harm have they done - or are doing - to the country that compares to Trump and the MAGA republicans?

Do they control the Democratic party? What serious political power do they have?

This is a case of false equivalency.  The "progressive left" are hardly the "opposite side of the same dangerous coin".

Knew that’d get a rise from you😇 I’m not equating but I am saying both parties have abandoned the majority of Americans ideology and priorities. And the polls bear me out.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Knew that’d get a rise from you😇 I’m not equating but I am saying both parties have abandoned the majority of Americans ideology and priorities. And the polls bear me out.

Maybe you didn't mean to, but your post literally did equate them. 

Trying to equate the parties is a typical tactic of MAGA republicans and their apologists.  It's about the only defense they have.  It is demonstrably false, as you apparently recognize.

22 hours ago, homersapien said:

So, leaving $BNs in hardware in the ME wasn't a bad thing?

So Biden's inability to form full sentences doesn't make you cringe?

Biden's inability to climb a set of stairs doesn't give you pause?

His looking like a pampers-wearing dolt before the rest of the world that never really respected him anyway? That doesn't make you stop and think?

His now perpetual "War through Proxy with the Russians" is costing $100BNs a year and going nowhere. 

His petroleum policy that led to the first real inflation since Carter screwed over the entire US economy wasn't a bad thing?

Most people in the US don't want trump or Biden. The fact that the intellectual dildoes in both parties are going to give the American People exactly what they do not want doesn't make you cringe?

How the **** are Biden and trump the real answer to anyone in the US? How? 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Took it twice on 2 different days....

Why do I think so many of you are goofballs when we are similar in the picture box? :lol: 

image.png

I know right? I feel exactly the same way, believe me, the exact same way.

13 hours ago, homersapien said:

Maybe you didn't mean to, but your post literally did equate them. 

Trying to equate the parties is a typical tactic of MAGA republicans and their apologists.  It's about the only defense they have.  It is demonstrably false, as you apparently recognize.

And forever more dwelling on a nickel's difference is why at this moment we seeing polling clearly saying that the vast majority of thinking people do not want either of these clowns on the ticket. https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/few-u-s-adults-want-a-biden-trump-rematch-in-2024-ap-norc-poll-shows

Most U.S. adults overall (56 percent) would be “very” or “somewhat” dissatisfied with Biden as the Democratic presidential nominee in 2024, and a similar majority (58 percent) would be very or somewhat dissatisfied with Trump as the GOP’s pick.

Nearly 3 in 10 U.S. adults, or 28 percent, say they would be dissatisfied with both Trump and Biden becoming their party’s respective nominees – with independents (43 percent) being more likely than Democrats (28 percent) or Republicans (20 percent) to express their displeasure with both men gaining party nominations.

18 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

The same can be said for the reverse. If Trump were to step aside, Biden would be crushed by 20 points or more.

15 hours ago, homersapien said:

The "progressive left" are hardly the "opposite side of the same dangerous coin".

Sure they are dangerous. Two fringes grab the bullhorn which amplifies and exacerbates divide. Not a good thing.

• Like 1