Dylan Cardwell

17 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Little confused on how Covid has impacted eligibility. Could Dylan have an additional year?

i do not think so but you know me bro if i can screw it up chances are i will.

I still can't understand why Dylan tries to dribble when he's got the ball 4 feet from the basket. He's a huge King Kong  monster, just turn and stuff it, Dylan!   If the coaches would drill him on that, he would unleash hellfire on the competition.  At least he is hitting free throws this year. 

• Like 2

The COVID season was the 2020 - 2021 year - correct?  That was Dylan's first year.  He has played 4 years but that first one didn't count against his eligibility -right?

If both of those statements are correct (as I believe they are) then he has one more year if he chooses.  I can't imagine why he would not play one more.  He loves it. 

• Like 1

I bet he returns for another season. With Broome and Williams gone after this year, what is the plan to replenish our Big men in 2024-2025?

On 2/10/2024 at 11:05 AM, PUB78 said:

I bet he returns for another season. With Broome and Williams gone after this year, what is the plan to replenish our Big men in 2024-2025?

Well we obviously have to go to the portal.  We will have Cardwell and Chaney Johnson returning with most of our back court.  It will be interesting to see who we get.  I would go for starters at the 4 and 5 letting Chaney and Cardwell play off the bench.  

• Like 2

If we fans are disappointed with Aden Holloway's lack of progress, think of how he must feel. It will take a super sales job to keep him from transferring out.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

If we fans are disappointed with Aden Holloway's lack of progress, think of how he must feel. It will take a super sales job to keep him from transferring out.

I’ve seen this said … that he’d want to transfer.  I don’t understand why.  Cbp has given him beyond ample room to grow and succeed.  Unless he drops in competition level?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I’ve seen this said … that he’d want to transfer.  I don’t understand why.  Cbp has given him beyond ample room to grow and succeed.  Unless he drops in competition level?  

Agree.   Why transfer?  Because he’s worried of losing minutes, I guess. Idk. 

54 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

If you knew the background of the poster you quoted, the post he made would make more sense, that’s all I can say lol 

• Facepalm 1

Holloway may transfer for a lot of reasons - losing out on his starting job, seeing another 5 star guard coming in, maybe even tough love from Bruce upsetting him - but him being disappointed at his own performance? Cmon now lol

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

You nailed it Mikey. His minutes would take a hit with Tre becoming a rising star and the No.1 rated PG coming in. My guess is Aden might want a fresh start. Hope I'm wrong but it would make sense.

• Like 2

How does Dylan Cardwell’s fifth year factor into the point position?   You people disrail every thread and if it’s not in the football forum, no one gives a frick.  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

How does Dylan Cardwell’s fifth year factor into the point position?   You people disrail every thread and if it’s not in the football forum, no one gives a frick.  

Sorry you’re having a bad day 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

Why transfer? Because his experience at Auburn is not working out the way he wanted it to work out. With the open portal, players can move for far less reasons than a lack of success. I hope he stays and works through it but Bruce will have to do a super sales job.

• Like 2

On 2/9/2024 at 8:57 AM, BizEagle said:

I still can't understand why Dylan tries to dribble when he's got the ball 4 feet from the basket. He's a huge King Kong  monster, just turn and stuff it, Dylan!   If the coaches would drill him on that, he would unleash hellfire on the competition.  At least he is hitting free throws this year. 

Yeah, that's true.  His first instinct when getting the ball down low isn't to score, but looks to kick it out to somebody behind the arc.  He's a big bodied 6-11 and doesn't seem to realize what a threat he could be when close to the basket.  He should learn (or be taught) to go up & get all the lay-up distance shots.  Few will block him and even if they do, they'll have a good chance of fouling him.  

• Like 1

I don't think the coaching staff or anyone else has given up on Holloway. He's still getting good minutes. Tre isn't the same Tre he was last year.  Holloway is talented and will make progress too.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GreenTiger said:

Where does KD stand on eligibility??? 

I believe he is in the same situation as Cardwell.  His first year at GA was 2020-2021 season which did not count toward his eligibility.  This year will be his fourth year, but the first year does not count.  He has one year remaining.  All guards can return if they choose.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mikey said:

Why transfer? Because his experience at Auburn is not working out the way he wanted it to work out. With the open portal, players can move for far less reasons than a lack of success. I hope he stays and works through it but Bruce will have to do a super sales job.

What makes you believe Pearl will fight extremely hard to keep him?  All guards can return.  Of the guards returning he may be at the bottom of the list based on his play this season.  He no doubt has talent, but he has a lot of work to do on his strength.  He plays extremely below the rim.  He doesn't help himself on his drives shooting it underhanded and many times chest high.  He has to work on his lower body strength and explosion.  He has to work on using arm length to release the ball higher (think about Harper).  He also absolutely has to knock down the outside shot at a much higher clip (especially if he is no threat to finish at the rim).  Can he improve? Sure.  Does he listen?  Not sure.  Does he have the work ethic and drive?  not sure. 

I can't imagine our coaching staff is not coaching him on his balance and leaning while shooting the 3.  He was so smooth to start the season - now he is just pressing.  He has not adjusted to the speed of SEC ball at all.  Hoping he can improve his 3 point % down the stretch and make all the other stuff I just brought up irrelevant.  He will have a chance to work on his form and balance during the off week coming up.  Hope he gets re-energized and contributes in a deep NCAA tournament run.  

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, KillenTime said:

What makes you believe Pearl will fight extremely hard to keep him?

Good point.

1 hour ago, NCAubs said:

Sorry you’re a jackass. 

that's my boyfriend you are talking about............

• Haha 1