Men vs Florida Game Thread

Just looked like there was a lid on the basket for us. Seems to be common for us on the road. I still think we beat USC and Kentucky at home. 

• Thanks 1

This is the same crap we saw in Tuskaloser. Careless passing that leads to turnovers, lackadaisical defense and rebounding and J. Williams goes invisible. I'm thinking K.D. Johnson is the only guy we have that is mean enough to win a game on the road.

Bammer played in the same game AU did last Wednesday and they went to Baton Rouge and won by 17. A tough game several days ago is a poor excuse.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BustemBigBlue said:

Just looked like there was a lid on the basket for us. Seems to be common for us on the road. I still think we beat USC and Kentucky at home. 

That’s right let’s embrace the it’s hard to win on the road excuse. It’s a mentality that this team believes and expects to lose.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

That’s right let’s embrace the it’s hard to win on the road excuse. It’s a mentality that this team believes and expects to lose.

Not an excuse. Just a reality that every team in college basketball faces. Just beat the teams you should beat on the road and try and steal some you shouldn’t win. We stole one at ole miss last week. They hadn’t lost a home game all season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

4th in SEC tournament trophies (Bama has 8, Tenn has 5, UF has 4), 5th in regular season trophies, 2nd in nattys, the point still stands that they're amongst the all time giants in this conference 

Much better than the AU résumé 

13 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

I agree. Why be like everyone else and expect to lose on the road? Great teams don't have that mentality. It is such a mediocre mindset 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Yes would have like to see better effort from Auburn but the odds weren’t in their favor. U have a desperate and rested bubble team that needs a win. This is also the same team that went into Rupp and got a win. Lastly Auburn always struggles at Florida so what’s different in this situation 

We’re going to struggle against any team that has physical bigs (bama doesnt) that lock up the key and force our guards to make shots.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, e808 said:

Yes would have like to see better effort from Auburn but the odds weren’t in their favor. U have a desperate and rested bubble team that needs a win. This is also the same team that went into Rupp and got a win. Lastly Auburn always struggles at Florida so what’s different in this situation 

Just about everybody is winning at Rupp nowadays.

Have we shot well against a true road opponent all year?

10 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Pathetic excuse if true. 

What does he even mean?  He lost today because of something that happened 15 years ago?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

Just about everybody is winning at Rupp nowadays.

Surely u don’t believe that

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

What does he even mean?  He lost today because of something that happened 15 years ago?

That’s what is sounds like. Not sure how much sense it makes 

17 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Pathetic excuse if true. 

4 minutes ago, e808 said:

That’s what is sounds like. Not sure how much sense it makes 

lol guys he’s joking. Come on now. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Already forgot about ole miss a week ago!? 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

IMG_7001.png

We are 10 deep. We got 2 of everything.  At least that's what Bruce says. Tired is no excuse w that kinda depth

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

We are 10 deep. We got 2 of everything.  At least that's what Bruce says. Tired is no excuse w that kinda depth

Yes depth to do certain things. Yes it matters if Auburn is continuing to apply pressures. It’s not like u have 10 snipers.  I would rather have a 7 or 8 man rotation with 4 really dependable scorers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Yes depth to do certain things. Yes it matters if Auburn is continuing to apply pressures. It’s not like u have 10 snipers.  I would rather have a 7 or 8 man rotation with 4 really dependable scorers

And maybe those 4 are there but Berman and CM are taking away from them finding their dependability??? 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Baylor?  Even though we lost.

19 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I was stunned by the reactions there lol 

Not sure why u would be stunned when you look at some of the BP quotes over the years or some of his head scratching player evaluations

in fairness bruce signed three gunslingers that are woeful at worst and just barely above average in too many games. joni cannot do it by himself and you have to have guys hitting shots and three point shots to open things up more. we lost our composure early and if we admit the truth florida played a hell of a game. today they could have beat a bunch of teams they were well rested while we played two physical games in a row..i am surprised we came back as much as we did because they were on fire. we still many great games ahead of us. i still love my tigers.