Men vs Florida Game Thread

Truly pathetic performance.  Team had everything in front of them and they lay down. Mental toughness when faced with adversity just isn’t there.  That’s coaching.  Ole Miss on the road is the exception to the rule. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Bruce did say he would be happy for Todd Golden if Florida won and hated play against him. Golden learned a lot from Pearl during his 2 years at Auburn 

• Angry 1
  • Dislike 2

This game was a bad spot for Auburn coming off an emotional win versus a well rested Florida team that didn’t play this week. Might be an unpopular thought but there are bad spots in all sports and this is it. A ranked team on the road versus a desperate team that needs a win to get off the NCAA bubble. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TigerOne said:

Bruce did say he would be happy for Todd Golden if Florida won and hated play against him. Golden learned a lot from Pearl during his 2 years at Auburn 

Hopefully the team did not hear him say that, because that’s deflating

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Wrooooong!

That doesn't apply to this game. As I said, this type game happens to every team that plays basketball at some point.  Y'all can shove your thumbs down.

Forgetting boards and steals (which are bad).

AU has a 13% 3 pt percentage (I can’t even process that number). Theyre at almost 40%.  Checkmate.

4 minutes ago, NES said:

Well said, been thinking it for a while but apprehensive of thinking of us without BP. I think he built a program that can now be built on. With him or someone else. But that would have to be a home run Chris Beard or better. However I’m still on the Bruce Pearl bandwagon, he’ll get them better

Oh I’m not off the BP wagon at all, but our PG’s have been subpar for a few years. Maybe AH should transfer after the season. A smaller school may fit him better. Also we lose Broome, our best player and Jaylin and Cardwell. Our scouting needs to be spot on in the HS ranks and in the portal the next year or two. At least we know Aden won’t be leaving due to turning pro. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Good teams don’t do this. Better temper all post-season expectations, because, regardless of the ‘it only matters in March’ crowd, an ass kicking like this matters. Eventually, this is the team that will show up.

Tennessee lost by 17 to a worse SCar team on the road, UConn lost by 15 to Seton Hall (who's also worse than Florida), Arizona lost by 18 to Stanford (a worse team than Florida) on the road

Good teams have definitely lost in comprehensively ugly road losses this season, but you don't want to have too many of them. This is our first thankfully 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Worst performance I can recall in years..

• Like 1

Just now, Auburn761345163036 said:

There should be a criminal investigation because the way they are playing is a CRIME!

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7l76gppgnl1ap4tghrs

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, lost said:

Get it out of their system. Wow!

figure the word from SEC was to let the Gators win, since otherwise they pretty well were on the outside looking in. This will get them in the dance. 

Still, knew if they shot poorly they would get run out of the gym

The only party that 'let' the Gators win is the AU basketball team.

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Tennessee lost by 17 to a worse SCar team on the road, UConn lost by 15 to Seton Hall (who's also worse than Florida), Arizona lost by 18 to Stanford (a worse team than Florida) on the road

Good teams have definitely lost in comprehensively ugly road losses this season, but you don't want to have too many of them. This is our first thankfully 

I wouldn’t be talking down about that SCar team. They are not as crappy as you think. We may be victimized on Wednesday.

Edited by CCTAU
  • Like 2

Average pg’s at best, below average sg’s, average sf, good pf, ct. Bruce is doing a good job he just doesn’t help them when they’re struggling. 

Aden Holloway looks like a boy among men at times.  I know Bruce says he has to play his way into making improvement, but I'm starting to wonder if his total ineptness has already damaged his confidence beyond repair.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Isn’t SC ranked in top 20 though? If not, they are considered top 5 tier in SEC

props to Florida for keeping a +20 lead, usually when teams get up big at home, they let the other team claw their way back

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

I wouldn’t be talking down about that SCar team. They are not as crappy as you think. We may be victimized on Wednesday.

South Carolina is #2 in the SEC's standings and also has wins against Tennessee on their schedule. They're also lower than Florida in the NET rankings, and that's before Florida beat the hell out of a top 6 NET team today. It's not talking down about them to state that fact. 

Just now, fishepa said:

props to Florida for keeping a +20 lead, usually when teams get up big at home, they let the other team claw their way back

They know we’ve been declawed!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old fan 47 said:

Isn’t SC ranked in top 20 though? If not, they are considered top 5 tier in SEC

Yep, I believe Florida is 39th in the NET and SCar is 43rd. That's a more accurate evaluation of where the teams are than the AP rankings (which shouldn't really matter to anyone in CBB tbh)