Men vs Florida Game Thread

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It's ok. Everybody gets boat raced on the road. Don't sweat it

So losing on the road is 👌

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Oh yah. I forgot one. 11th ranked Wisconsin lost on the road by 20 plus to Un ranked Rutgers…

They've also lost 4 in a row...they aren't that good if were being honest. I also don't like the Badgers so... 😂

Edited by GTNupe11
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GTNupe11 said:

They've also lost 4 in a row...they aren't that good if weren't being honest. I also don't like the Badgers so... 😂

Are we trying to justify Auburn’s pathetic outcoached outplayed loss?

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Illinois a top ten team lost by 8 on the road today to a Un ranked team and Tennessee a top 6 team is losing by double digits on the road to an unranked team.  So yah I know you are being sarcastic but it’s the truth.  

It's the lack of effort and BP excuses.  No shame in getting beat on the road. Today's effort was embarrassing. Tired or no.

• Like 1

TAMU has the one thing this team is missing. Really good and CONSISTENT guard play!!!!

• Like 1

Here we go again. Just like the past few years. Win at home. Tank on the road. So with all the home wins and wins against bottom-dwellers like Vandy, non-conference wins against powder-puffs, Auburn rings up a good record.

But loses on the road to middlin teams like Florida and Miss State.

Thing is, come March, all tourney games are ROAD games. Once again, like year after year, Auburn just can't seem to pump it up and win on the road. Vandy? hahaha Where is even one road win over a team that is above middlin?

Auburn has a truckload of "good" players. And I love my Tigers. But fact is, this is another year like previous years. A good overall record with nothing after the regular season.

Am I being too harsh?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TigerOne said:

I'm not. If you think I'm trying to justify it you haven't seen my other posts in this thread, Lol. I was responding saying #11 WI isn't all that good so them losing on the road isn't all that greAT of an example of a ranked team losing on the road. 

1 minute ago, AURex said:

Here we go again. Just like the past few years. Win at home. Tank on the road. So with all the home wins and wins against bottom-dwellers like Vandy, non-conference wins against powder-puffs, Auburn rings up a good record.

But loses on the road to middlin teams like Florida and Miss State.

Thing is, come March, all tourney games are ROAD games. Once again, like year after year, Auburn just can't seem to pump it up and win on the road. Vandy? hahaha Where is even one road win over a team that is above middlin?

Auburn has a truckload of "good" players. And I love my Tigers. But fact is, this is another year like previous years. A good overall record with nothing after the regular season.

Am I being too harsh?

First Florida and Mississippi state will be in the ncaa tourney. Second there are no road games in march madness. Neutral site games are not road games.

o and third ole miss is pretty good. We hung 90 on them at their place and it was their first home loss all season. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 4

ALL tourney games are road games. Neutral court is a Rroad game, not a home game.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AURex said:

ALL tourney games are road games. Neutral court is a Rroad game, not a home game.

lol neutral court games are… neutral games. Not road games. Road games are played on the team you are playing home floor. You aren’t winning this one. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

17 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He’s just gets frustrated with our fans like I do. It’s a football school (obviously. Duh) so a lot of fans who didn’t pay attention until Bruce got here still aren’t well versed in the ins and outs of college basketball. It’s still very much a football fan mentality from our fans when it comes to basketball.

Technically, outside revenue the last four years, it’s difficult to refer to us as a football school. BP has kept things alive in the basketball program, even when we lose games we shouldn’t. The scary thing is, football is the driving revenue force behind all athletics at any school with a football team, but we have failed miserably in that area lately. Kudos to BP for his ability to get the school excited about BB, when the FB program has really failed us, as fans, for numerous years now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Speaking of getting ones ass kicked by an inferior team on the road, Tennessee, top 6 team and the team this year we’re most often compared to in the SEC…down 17 to A&M with 8 mins left. It’s just Auburn who struggles in these games though I guess! 

I was more on the negative Nancy side but start paying more attention to games. If the other team has a pulse that team could beat u on any given day. Specifically at home. Good thing the tournament is mostly neutral site games and all about match ups. Hopefully Auburn can start hitting the three ball more consistently. If u get down hitting the three can erase leads pretty fast 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Besides having a hissy fit I’m not sure what else to do.We shot like total hell. Even free throws. 2 years ago we had 2 dominant 1st round draft picks in our front court and it still didn’t matter. Bad guard shooting isn’t survivable. I had hope that we had traded up and  resolved that this season, but today was a concerning train wreck.

Anybody who tries to say a tourney game away from home is somehow a home-like game -- I call BS.

If you are not playing at home on your own floor, it is NOT a home game.

And the past few years, no matter how many games we've won at home and against crappy tams like Vandy, Auburn has NOT played well in non-home games. And that includes tournament games.

So, yep, here we go again!

• Facepalm 1

55 minutes ago, AURex said:

Anybody who tries to say a tourney game away from home is somehow a home-like game -- I call BS.

If you are not playing at home on your own floor, it is NOT a home game.

And the past few years, no matter how many games we've won at home and against crappy tams like Vandy, Auburn has NOT played well in non-home games. And that includes tournament games.

So, yep, here we go again!

Literally no one is saying that. You though on the other hand trying to say a neutral game is like a road game is flat out wrong. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

First Florida and Mississippi state will be in the ncaa tourney. Second there are no road games in march madness. Neutral site games are not road games.

o and third ole miss is pretty good. We hung 90 on them at their place and it was their first home loss all season. 

Yep we also were 2-6 I believe to start sec play in the final four year, which is why I will always give us a benefit of the doubt until we are knocked out of the tournament, all it takes is turning it on at the right time. Some people don't share that opinion and that's fine, but that's my how I feel.

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 2

Unfortunately to date it has been hard to replicate that final four team. U had snipers, a floor general, athletic guys, depth, at least one pro and dogs on defense. When the snipers got hot leads could be erased very quickly and could also blow a game wide open. 

40 minutes ago, e808 said:

Unfortunately to date it has been hard to replicate that final four team. U had snipers, a floor general, athletic guys, depth, at least one pro and dogs on defense. When the snipers got hot leads could be erased very quickly and could also blow a game wide open. 

You mean like our 19 double digit wins this season!?😁😆

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You mean like our 19 double digit wind this season!?😁😆

Ok u got me there 😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Literally no one is saying that. You though on the other hand trying to say a neutral game is like a road game is flat out wrong. 

Yes, that's what I'm saying. A "neutral court" game is NOT a home game. It is a ROAD game. And all tourney games are "road" games.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol neutral court games are… neutral games. Not road games. Road games are played on the team you are playing home floor. You aren’t winning this one. 

Neutral games are just as scary as road games for this Auburn team. In March, they’ll be shooting in unfamiliar gyms without an avalanche of energy from AU fans - two elements shared with a basic road game. And we haven’t faired well on the road.

Put it this way - neutral site games in March are much more similar to road games than to home games. And that’s concerning for Auburn.

Edited by AUght2win

31 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Neutral games are just as scary as road games for this Auburn team. In March, they’ll be shooting in unfamiliar gyms without an avalanche of energy from AU fans - two elements shared with a basic road game. And we haven’t faired well on the road.

Put it this way - neutral site games in March are much more similar to road games than to home games. And that’s concerning for Auburn.

Respectfully disagree. Auburn has shot much better in neutral site games versus true road games. Again in the tourney it will depend on the draw.

• Thanks 1

Why is everyone so confused about neutral site vs road game?  The reason true road games are tougher is because you have 10k plus rooting against you, distracting you and doing everything they can to mess you up. They are an advantage for the opponent.  Neutral games are not an advantage for the other team. They are in the same environment as we are, why they are called neutral.  We fared well in neutral games, only losing a close one to Baylor to open the season.  Beat ND, ST bonny in Brooklyn and destroyed Indiana in Atlanta.  

Agreed neutral games are tougher to win than at home where we have that extra juice from our crowd, but the majority of neutral games in the NCAA tourney will not have that advantage for the opponent and therefore not true road games for us.  Even moreso now that the NCAA makes all the courts look the same. 

The true key seems to be Jaylin Williams.  He has looked abysmal in the losses.  Like indecisive on his shots etc. Need to get him comfortable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1