Men vs Florida Game Thread

1 minute ago, GreenTiger said:

No. This is how we look against quality teams with good pg play. Been happening for years 

Wrooooong!

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

Getting totally dominated from the starting whistle should not be happening to this team.  Even on the road.  We have not even been in this game.  We are not fighting like we want to win, show, or place.

This is just no fun.

• Like 5

Just now, TigerOne said:

What was Broome doing playing football with that block?

Luck it wasn’t call intentional or technical 

18 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Bruce peaked the Final Four year. This will be his ‘tenet’ for the remainder of his AU days.

At this point, I tend to agree. Holloway is a complete bust. We need better scouts for HS kids. 

• Like 3

We are down by 27.  We have more turnovers than assists (probably more turnovers than rebounds as well).

It's like another team put on our uniforms today.

Just now, Old fan 47 said:

At this point, I tend to agree. Holloway is a complete bust. We need better scouts for HS kids. 

I tend to think at this point there is a good chance AH transfers. Just a guess. He wasn’t supposed to be a project.

Just now, WillMunny said:

We are down by 27.  We have more turnovers than assists (probably more turnovers than rebounds as well).

It's like another team put on our uniforms today.

Yeah the one that knows it’s tough to win on the road

Good teams don’t do this. Better temper all post-season expectations, because, regardless of the ‘it only matters in March’ crowd, an ass kicking like this matters. Eventually, this is the team that will show up.

Edited by Swamp Eagle
  • Like 4

Unless the tournament is played at Neville Arena, this team won't make it out of the first round

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Getting totally dominated from the starting whistle should not be happening to this team.  Even on the road.  We have not even been in this game.  We are not fighting like we want to win, show, or place.

This is just no fun.

Agree. Technically, this is not a very well oiled team. Can’t win on the road against anyone with a heartbeat. For as much as BP has done for the program, I believe the ceiling has been reached with him as HC. Currently, I hate to see KY come into Neville next week and ruin the Game Day visit and the home streak, but it is becoming almost impossible to overlook some of the away losses against lesser teams. 

• Like 6

I’d empty the bench right now, give the rest of ‘em plenty of time to think about what kind of effort they want to give.

9 threes and we are back in this thing. 
Let’s go AU!

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

Good teams don’t do this. Better temper all post-season expectations, because, regardless of the ‘it only matters in March’ crowd, an ass kicking like this matters.

Yeah this is a dangerous loss and could be a sign of many more. But also a chance for the team to rebound and play well. Hope they don’t quit in this one

Just now, tigers23 said:

Unless the tournament is played at Neville Arena, this team won't make it out of the first round

And this loss like app st will stick out like a sore thumb to the committee and decrease our seed and increase the difficulty of our draw

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

I’d empty the bench right now, give the rest of ‘em plenty of time to think about what kind of effort they want to give.

I was thinking the walkons can make the game look this bad. But at least they would be fighting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old fan 47 said:

Agree. Technically, this is not a very well oiled team. Can’t win on the road against anyone with a heartbeat. For as much as BP has done for the program, I believe the ceiling has been reached with him as HC. Currently, I hate to see KY come into Neville next week and ruin the Game Day visit and the home streak, but it is becoming almost impossible to overlook some of the away losses against lesser teams. 

I agree with the ceiling comment but disagree on Kentucky. That’s why it’s so frustrating to watch. Play like Tarzan on Wednesday and Jane on Saturday. 

• Like 1

Get it out of their system. Wow!

figure the word from SEC was to let the Gators win, since otherwise they pretty well were on the outside looking in. This will get them in the dance. 

Still, knew if they shot poorly they would get run out of the gym

1 minute ago, Old fan 47 said:

Well said, been thinking it for a while but apprehensive of thinking of us without BP. I think he built a program that can now be built on. With him or someone else. But that would have to be a home run Chris Beard or better. However I’m still on the Bruce Pearl bandwagon, he’ll get them better

• Like 1

It's not just missing shots - we are giving up offensive rebounds and getting none ourselves.  And turning it over like it's a hot potato.

Bruce tried to find some shooters in the portal but failed. Maybe next year. 

• Like 1