Would CBP leave Auburn?

AURex

I have no specific insider information, just my longtime interest in Auburn Sports.

1. Auburn is once again in negotiations with UnderArmor vs Nike. IMO, this is a big issue for CBP going forard because it has hampereed his abiliy to pull in elite players in the at.

2. We all know that kids love Nike. We all know that CBP has lost top recruits to schools heavy crazy on Nike. Auburn is currently in negotiations with both Nike and Under Amour.

If CBP decides he cannot win a championship at Auburn because (lack of NIL) or (Auburn brand affiliation), might he jump:

Not to forget, CGP started out in the Midwest. Ohio State, Iowa,

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

I think we are all at least 99% positive that CBP would have had that NC at Auburn if a certain set of referees had called the double dribble. He was also an injured Chuma away as well. Those things were unfortunate but they can happen anywhere. Bruce knows it too. And Bruce doesn’t strike me as a person who will take his ball and go home if he doesn’t get his way because of a shoe contract. If he feels he is not valued, maybe, but I don’t think there is a coach on campus that is more loved and valued than he is. Cohen has proven up to this point he is the real deal. If we were set on taking UA money the announcement would have been made a while ago. I don’t think there’s anything to be concerned about. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

I think we are all at least 99% positive that CBP would have had that NC at Auburn if a certain set of referees had called the double dribble. He was also an injured Chuma away as well. Those things were unfortunate but they can happen anywhere. Bruce knows it too. And Bruce doesn’t strike me as a person who will take his ball and go home if he doesn’t get his way because of a shoe contract. If he feels he is not valued, maybe, but I don’t think there is a coach on campus that is more loved and valued than he is. Cohen has proven up to this point he is the real deal. If we were set on taking UA money the announcement would have been made a while ago. I don’t think there’s anything to be concerned about. 

1000 up votes for the first sentence alone.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Isn't Under Armour having financial issues and declining as a company? I know lots of schools have dropped them. IMO, we would be fools not to go with Nike. Nike is the king in basketball- always has been, always will be. And going with them would be a positive with other sports as well. As has been mentioned, they are more popular with young people than all the other brands combined. And that isn't going to change anytime soon.

Edited by arktiger1975
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

Isn't Under Armour having financial issues and declining as a company? I know lots of schools have dropped them. IMO, we would be fools not to go with Nike. Nike is the king in basketball- always has been, always will be. And going with them would be a positive with other sports as well. As has been mentioned, they are more popular with young people than all the other brands combined. And that isn't going to change anytime soon.

For the most part yes. UA is overpriced garbage. The love affair Auburn has had with them over the years is obscene!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

For the most part yes. UA is overpriced garbage. The love affair Auburn has had with them over the years is obscene!

UA was trendy in the late 2000's-early 2010's. But as you mentioned, their products are second rate. And outside of Steph Curry, they have never been a major player on the basketball scene. Schools are dropping them left and right for a reason.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We must Protect This House and sign with Nike or Adidas 

I don't think Adidas would be much of an upgrade from Under Armour, to be honest. We need to go with Nike.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AURex said:

I have no specific insider information, just my longtime interest in Auburn Sports.

1. Auburn is once again in negotiations with UnderArmor vs Nike. IMO, this is a big issue for CBP going forard because it has hampereed his abiliy to pull in elite players in the at.

2. We all know that kids love Nike. We all know that CBP has lost top recruits to schools heavy crazy on Nike. Auburn is currently in negotiations with both Nike and Under Amour.

If CBP decides he cannot win a championship at Auburn because (lack of NIL) or (Auburn brand affiliation), might he jump:

Not to forget, CGP started out in the Midwest. Ohio State, Iowa,

When does the contract with UA expire?

3 minutes ago, Randy4AU said:

Isn't Coach Pearl contracted with Auburn until 2030? 

Nowadays, contracts are not a lock if there is desire to poach, hire, or fire. From all accounts, Pearl seems to be happy here and it takes a lot of work, money, and time to build a program. In a lot of ways, he is a successful coach but whether he wants to start over again, might be a telling question. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arktiger1975 said:

Theres nothing but upside going with nike. I wouldnt sit down to talk with UA at this point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, AU_Canoe said:

Nowadays, contracts are not a lock if there is desire to poach, hire, or fire. From all accounts, Pearl seems to be happy here and it takes a lot of work, money, and time to build a program. In a lot of ways, he is a successful coach but whether he wants to start over again, might be a telling question. 

There will be no Pearlville camp outs for three days before a game in Indiana in bball season. 

IMG_1079.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arktiger1975 said:

I thought Dusty May was their guy.

I believe he will be.  BP's buyout is a determent. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, AU_Canoe said:

Bruce isn't old by any stretch. But I don't see him, at his age, making another move.

• Like 3

Just now, arktiger1975 said:

Bruce isn't old by any stretch. But I don't see him, at his age, making another move.

I don't either, but there is legitimate interest from both. IU is the only school he'd ever consider.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Yes, he would be a fool not to at listen for a school whose primary focus is Basketball in nature.

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

Yes, but only for IU. 

I think IU gets The FAU coach Dusty May who is a IU grad.  *edit* welp looks like I should have read the whole thread before commenting!!! Lololol wooops!! Muhhh bad!!!

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

I don't either, but there is legitimate interest from both. IU is the only school he'd ever consider.  

it is his dream job and he has been on record saying it. but he also said he would finish his career at auburn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CR said:

If bruce leaves us Im gonna make auwent look like mr sunshine.

what is my nicname if i might ask?