Would CBP leave Auburn?

AURex

17 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm sure I will get blasted for this... We need to have learned our lesson from Malzahn regime about giving these wild contracts 

We already gave him a lifetime one didn’t we lol??

Just now, NoALtiger said:

Just now, NoALtiger said:

8 yr ext in 2021 for 50 million 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

When does the contract with UA expire?

@NWALA Tiger Next Summer. New apparel contract announcement for after then is expected anytime from now through early Summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

what is my nicname if i might ask?

Rolling Stone?

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm sure I will get blasted for this... We need to have learned our lesson from Malzahn regime about giving these wild contracts 

It’s not about the contract. It’s about who you give it to. Bruce is certainly worth it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What lesson can you derive from giving Gus Malzahn a big contract that could even be applied to Bruce Pearl, your program’s best head coach ever 

Is there a single lesson you could even attempt to apply there 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

What lesson can you derive from giving Gus Malzahn a big contract that could even be applied to Bruce Pearl, your program’s best head coach ever 

Is there a single lesson you could even attempt to apply there 

BP has elevated the BB program.  No doubt.  But, it had no where to go but up. I can argue that overall Malzahn had as much end result success  as BP.   BP has only got past the 2nd round of NCAA tourney 1 time,  if memory serves.. So, yes he elevated BB more than Gus had to elevate FB, because we had already had more success in FB than BB. But when u compare results during their tenures they are very comparable.  

17 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

BP has elevated the BB program.  No doubt.  But, it had no where to go but up. I can argue that overall Malzahn had as much end result success  as BP.   BP has only got past the 2nd round of NCAA tourney 1 time,  if memory serves.. So, yes he elevated BB more than Gus had to elevate FB, because we had already had more success in FB than BB. But when u compare results during their tenures they are very comparable.  

Yeah. Let's let him go. Half you guys think 20 wins and the making the tournament is a piece of cake anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol bruh no man. This ain’t it. Bruce has had sustained success. And once again for the Love of God stop trying yo compare basketball and football! Totally different structured sports. Getting to the tourney is a successful season. Making a lower tier bowl game most years is not. 

He can't. He won't. Im too old for this sh...crap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Yeah. Let's let him go. Half you guys think 20 wins and the making the tournament is a piece of cake anyway. 

I never said let him go. But, I don't think throwing the bank valt at him is the answer either. His contact is worth 50 million. Now, upgrading facilities isn't unreasonable 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I never said let him go. But, I don't think throwing the bank valt at him is the answer either. 

If Indiana wants BP, who does AU go get? And will we have to throw the bank at them? 

Edited by JuscAUse!

3 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

If Indiana wants BP, who does AU go get? And I I'll we have to throw the bank at them? 

So, how much  money would be reasonable for AU to pay BP to keep him?

Edited by NWALA Tiger

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol bruh no man. This ain’t it. Bruce has had sustained success. And once again for the Love of God stop trying yo compare basketball and football! Totally different structured sports. Getting to the tourney is a successful season. Making a lower tier bowl game most years is not. 

Getting to the tourney is nice. Would also be nice to make some noise once we get there.  68 teams make the tourney. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I never said let him go. But, I don't think throwing the bank valt at him is the answer either. 

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Getting to the tourney is nice. Would also be nice to make some noise once we get there.  68 teams make the tourney. 

Of the 67 coaches that get there, besides, ours, who do YOU choose. Don't back off and ask me. I don't want to fire ours.

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

So, how much  money would be reasonable for AU to pay BP to keep him?

He’s a top 10 paid coach already. It’s not about money I don’t think. Just having everything in place at his disposal that you would at a basketball first school to compete for championships and recruit at a high level. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just now, JuscAUse! said:

Of the 67 coaches that get there, besides, ours, who do YOU choose. Don't back off and ask me. I don't want to fire ours.

Dude, I never said fire the guy. He has a 50 million contract.  I have no idea who they could get. But for 5.5 million a yr . I have to think they could get someone.  If u just want me to throw a name out. Dusty May. I answered your ? . You answer mine

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

He’s a top 10 paid coach already. It’s not about money I don’t think. Just having everything in place at his disposal that you would at a basketball first school to compete for championships and recruit at a high level. 

That's not unreasonable.  

• Like 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Dude, I never said fire the guy. He has a 50 million contract.  I have no idea who they could get. But for 5.5 million a yr . I have to think they could get someone.  If u just want me to throw a name out. Dusty May. I answered your ? . You answer mine

No one. I like ours. I don't believe it's just money. More like what is unrealistically expected and what we can do with money and priorities for recruits and the program. Like shoes. This is what I believe. 

• Like 1

Just now, JuscAUse! said:

No one. I like ours. I don't believe it's just money. More like what is unrealistically expected and what we can do with money and priorities for recruits and the program. Like shoes. This is what I believe. 

I'm all for upgrading facilities,  going with Nike etc....That will benefit BP or whoever is the coach. He has a good enuf contract IMO. It should take him to retirement if he chooses.  Emptying Ft Knox to keep him aint the answer to me.

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm all for upgrading facilities,  going with Nike etc....That will benefit BP or whoever is the coach. He has a good enuf contract IMO. It should take him to retirement if he chooses.  Emptying Ft Knox to keep him aint the answer to me.

Whatever. That's not an answer and I'm more than good with it. I don't miss the days I could get a ticket for a a Wednesday night game for 5 bucks and sit wherever I wanted. Have a good night. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

If Indiana wants BP, who does AU go get? And will we have to throw the bank at them? 

Will Wade

Todd Golden