NCAA Tournament Thread (Non-Auburn Games)

4 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

I'm not upset at all about it. I knew Yale wasn't any good. We just farted around and took them lightly.

The way Auburn played sds probably would have beat AU anyway. Ooops we’ll never know.

Only one of my personal interest teams is still alive (Illinois), but I don't know for how long. I might check in next weekend. Maybe I'll be interested in the Final Four if it looks fun.

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I completely agree with this. EVERYBODY should have to watch this game

Total annihilation of Yale. At every level. Sigh

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

They are going to use their 6'8" guy..... Their guards are going to hit some shots and probably protect the ball. And I guarantee the guy that went crazy against us they are at least going to try to double him.

Don't even let their confidence even dream they can win

Yep, SDSU is a well-coached team, especially defensively.

The styles clash between Ledee and Broome would’ve been really interesting. Two different types of centers that excel in different ways. I also would’ve loved to see Broome and Clingan, who’s been Kessler-esque at protecting the rim. Some real money was left on the table for Johni with that embarrassment we collectively had. 

• Like 1

This tamu game has been a game of inches. Two shots that could have been threes were twos. They would be down by 1 

Edited by e808

Just now, TigerOne said:

The way Auburn played sds probably would have beat AU anyway. Ooops we’ll never know.

I think we would've beaten SDS. You stop the Leedey (sp) kid, you stop SDS. They struggle to score but always play great defense. 

Their finals team last year was the best team they've had. This team isn't close to that finals team. Auburn had a great path until getting to UCONN and we choked. 

• Like 1

This TAMU game is wild! Houston guards not finishing is surprising.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I think we would've beaten SDS. You stop the Leedey (sp) kid, you stop SDS. They struggle to score but always play great defense. 

Their finals team last year was the best team they've had. This team isn't close to that finals team. Auburn had a great path until getting to UCONN and we choked. 

I will be very surprised if anybody beats UConn. They are head and shoulders above everybody else, IMO.

Just now, arktiger1975 said:

I will be very surprised if anybody beats UConn. They are head and shoulders above everybody else, IMO.

They are but anyone is beatable in the tourney. UCONN is my team. Born and raised in Bama but I've always been a fan of UCONN and the old Big East. 

The times we've lost it was due to a bad shooting night..specifically from 3 and teams that can match us scoring the ball. 

If we match up with Marquette or UNC then they can certainly beat us. Marquette just knows us in and out being we're in the same conference. It's really about matchups imo. 

• Like 1

I need Houston to win this game. I have them losing to Marquette. Lose then! lol. 

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I need Houston to win this game. I have them losing to Marquette. Lose then! lol. 

At this rate Houston entire starting 5 about to foul out 

Just now, e808 said:

At this rate Houston entire starting 5 about to foul out 

As long as Shead stays in! 

Refs been terrible this whole tournament. There should be a study done about some of these calls.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

They are but anyone is beatable in the tourney. UCONN is my team. Born and raised in Bama but I've always been a fan of UCONN and the old Big East. 

The times we've lost it was due to a bad shooting night..specifically from 3 and teams that can match us scoring the ball. 

If we match up with Marquette or UNC then they can certainly beat us. Marquette just knows us in and out being we're in the same conference. It's really about matchups imo. 

I've always respected the fact that Jim Calhoun and Geno Auriemma built their programs from nothing to the elites of the game.

• Like 1

Tamu has missed a lot of free throws 

Edited by e808
  • Like 2

Houston has to finish it now. I don’t think they can survive another OT

I love Bruce and hope he’s still our coach for years, but it is unarguable how much better an in-game coach Buzz is than our guy. I don’t know if anyone in our conference plays up to the opponent quite as well as they do 

• Like 3
  • Love 1