• Haha 1

IMG_7646.gif

IMG_7399.jpeg

IMG_6681.gif

IMG_6607.jpeg

IMG_6593.gif

IMG_6510.gif

• Haha 2

With how little they seemed to be pushing for some pretty big name bigs, you had to have the feeling that they either felt good about Broome or were willing to go all in regardless. 

It would be really nice to have a third big they could develop to take the mantle next next year, but we’ll see…

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

With how little they seemed to be pushing for some pretty big name bigs, you had to have the feeling that they either felt good about Broome or were willing to go all in regardless. 

It would be really nice to have a third big they could develop to take the mantle next next year, but we’ll see…

They do. They will just happen to be playing somewhere else next season. We will reload like we always do at center.

• Like 1

This changes things. The options are multiple now. 
Pick up a big man so JB can play some 4. Develop the new big guy to take over. Be set for the future.

Get one more guard to help dish the ball and drive. 
Maybe pick up another 4. 

We got wiggle room. Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, HEY!

• Haha 1

Just now, CCTAU said:

This changes things. The options are multiple now. 
Pick up a big man so JB can play some 4. Develop the new big guy to take over. Be set for the future.

Get one more guard to help dish the ball and drive. 
Maybe pick up another 4. 

We got wiggle room. Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, HEY!

I really hope we only said all those things about him playing the 4 to get him to come back. Play him at the 4 to appease him in the home non con games but when the real games start play him at the 5! He’s only an all American at the 5!!! 😂😂 I rather have him just take more three’s in the non meaningful non con games than have him play serious minutes at the 4.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

This is HUGE!!

This is GREAT NEWS! Just Auburn being Auburn!

Edited by Auburn93
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I really hope we only said all those things about him playing the 4 to get him to come back. Play him at the 4 to appease him in the home non con games but when the real games start play him at the 5! He’s only an all American at the 5!!! 😂😂 I rather have him just take more three’s in the non meaningful non con games than have him play serious minutes at the 4.

True. But allowing him to at least do that in the less competitive games can really help his game and maybe produce a few surprises for us fans. 

I do think having him and Card on the floor together at strategic times can be a plus for us.

• Like 2

Huge pickup. Assuming Pegeus is really a big improvement at PG we should be improved at most positions. 

Pettiford can play SG and some PG, Denver is a very solid SG and can also play some PG. SBM should be better at SF AND Jahki should be a very good backup SF. Chaney should be a solid PF but that is one area where we won't  be asgood since JWill is gone. 

Ideally we can pick up a PF/C type and another Guard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Gahhh it was good clean fun until…

IMG_7732.gif

IMG_7731.gif

IMG_7736.gif

Edited by GwillMac6

Wow we’re ending up with a really good core of players coming back! This is great news!!

• Love 1

2 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Boooom! 
now to sell my left kidney…

So if his NIL deal is really in the 1.2 million range like has been speculated (no idea if accurate) it will take 5,288 subscribers to OTV to pay for it!

• Haha 1

This is good news but recruiting and keeping players is all about the cash.

“Money was assuredly a huge part of this decision. Despite his improvements away from the basket, Broome is not a lock to be selected in the NBA Draft, according to several notable NBA Draft writers.” Al.com

https://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/2024/04/johni-broome-is-back-how-high-can-expectations-be-for-auburn.html

why not just set up go fund me accounts. And you thought it was hard to put a kid through college . Harder to pay athletes to stay. Who’s going to pay up? Is it tax deductible?

Edited by TigerOne

I'm sure the available NIL had something to do with his decision, but moreso I think the style of NBA play currently features all 5 guys on the floor who can shot from the outside as well as get in the paint. Broome will be shooting 500 3s per day during the off-season. He's not big enough to play solely inside. He needs to diversify his game. And I suspect CBP told him he would have the opportunity to play more 4 next season. He's still got work to do.

• Like 2