Finebaum pounces...

Raven_tiger

Wow....with the way you AU fans are fighting amongst yourselves, I'm feeling like MSU has a legit shot this weekend. Thanks.  :poke:

:msu: 27

:au: 20

178985[/snapback]

Not in-fighting, people can not understand how we were out coached by Chan Gailey, #1 on Stewart Mandel's Worst College Football Coaches List.

I'm just looking forward to this weekend's game.

:au: 17

:msu: 14

WDE

That article is hilarious, really. One loss and everything good has been nullified? Sorry, PF, this program's on too solid a foundation for that.

Wow....with the way you AU fans are fighting amongst yourselves, I'm feeling like MSU has a legit shot this weekend. Thanks.  :poke:

178985[/snapback]

the only way that that happens is if the fans play the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and then we would still win :au:

Finebaum just to clarify is a TALK SHOW host. He gets paid to talk all that junk, If anyone thinks that just because pf has a show that he is the #1 authority on football you are mistaken, In college while I was playing football and when pf was in college he was writting for the school newspaper! to me they means he doesn't know what he is talking about, he has to start a bunch of rumors to get all his toothless bammer listeners exicted about his crap so they can get away from there trailer lifestyles for a couple of hours, AUBURN IS NOT DOWN OR IN ANY TROUBLE THIS TEAM IS STRONG AND THEY WILL WIN A LOT OF GAMES THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :au::puke::msu:

The tailgaters know what I am talking about, I cant/wont say more details NOW. BUT....PF is just stroking the :au: fan base because we dont call in unless he insults us/team/CTT.

CTT won the Iron Bowl, The SECCG, and the Sugar Bowl and didnt give PF the freaking time of day. NOTHING. Didnt talk with PF until the Brunos Classic & Media Days.

We lost a ball game with a new QB and backfield. We had 5 TOs and still could have won it with one play until about 2 minutes to go.

PF knows CTT is safe. He said some patently untrue things today about CTT, He is either stoking us up, or he truly doesnt have a clue about anything happening in Auburn. I want you to read this slowly. PF was trying to get us pissed off enough to call in, no crap.

BTW, the quote from Phillip Marshall is in my sig, from March right after the A-Day game. So CTT isnt the only one thinking it. PF knows this, he is just trying to get his ratings up.

Puhlease, he throws out a bunch of :au: misquotes and I-Man qouotes and then puts Phyllis from Mulga on the air????? Like I said, he is just pulling the :au: leg right now.

Esquire, I thought the term "tool bag" was reserved for those of the uat ilk? :P

The ENTIRE article is moronic! What an idiot...he's just trying to stir the pot, as usual, because he's a rating hoo-ah (as they say in NY).... Pay him no mind.

:au::homer:

The tailgaters know what I am talking about, I cant/wont say more details NOW. BUT....PF is just stroking the :au: fan base because we dont call in unless he insults us/team/CTT.

CTT won the Iron Bowl, The SECCG, and the Sugar Bowl and didnt give PF the freaking time of day. NOTHING. Didnt talk with PF until the Brunos Classic & Media Days.

We lost a ball game with a new QB and backfield. We had 5 TOs and still could have won it with one play until about 2 minutes to go.

PF knows CTT is safe. He said some patently untrue things today about CTT, He is either stoking us up, or he truly doesnt have a clue about anything happening in Auburn. I want you to read this slowly. PF was trying to get us pissed off enough to call in, no crap.

BTW, the quote from Phillip Marshall is in my sig, from March right after the A-Day game. So CTT isnt the only one thinking it. PF knows this, he is just trying to get his ratings up.

Puhlease, he throws out a bunch of :au: misquotes and I-Man qouotes and then puts Phyllis from Mulga on the air????? Like I said, he is just pulling the :au: leg right now.

179097[/snapback]

Thank you. He's just trying to get the AU nation riled - taking advantage of our frustration at the loss. I listened to him yesterday, and even with all the CTT bashing, I didn't hear a lot of Auburn callers to the show. Let's keep it that way so he knows that we view his opinions as entertainment, not an expert opinion.

When I see this little twirp associated with anything, I move on and ignore it.

He can :moon:

178958[/snapback]

Are you speaking to me? Surely not?!

Again, another person who cannot stand anything other than their own thoughts. What a dreary and small world you must live in. Do you get out much? Were you home schooled? Valid questions here, as I am trying to understand the shallow pool that is your mind.

If you have something valid to say, please indulge us, if not STFU.

178962[/snapback]

What in the world gave you the idea that I was talking about you. I obviously was referring to Finescum since he is the topic of this thread. Having said that , however, the shoe must have fit based on yout childish reaction. :poke:

Welcome to the board, Dawg.  Are you coming over for the game this weekend?  How did you come out with Katrina.  Post often this week.  You'll find this to be a cool bunch.....that is, after we get over GT. :D

179002[/snapback]

My twin boys (future Auburn or MSU players) have a flag football game that morning, so I will be staying put to watch the game on TV. I live in Huntsville by the way. I'm originally from NE Mississippi, so Katrina didn't really affect my family. But, I'm trying to do my part in helping the less fortunate out.

I will be posting this week and I will come back Monday to either brag or to eat my crow. :puke:

What  a MAN you are telling people to STFU on a message board. :D . Mods please do something about this idiot.

178969[/snapback]

Though I understand your feelings about the matter, we generally don't delete or ban for using acronyms instead of the words themselves. Not the most elegant way to express oneself, but some people...

178974[/snapback]

Forget the accronym, I thought there was a rule against personal atttacks on the open board against other board members.

178985[/snapback]

Your team has the status of the likes of : Kentucky, Vanderbilt, South Carolina

What do those teams have in common? Crappy football programs. Im not on the bandwagon with Croom. Just because everyone praises him doesnt mean he can win football games...he has yet to do that...hes just a good talker.

Maybe I am hitting this on a bad note, but you do bring up a good point. We are fighting amongst ourselves, and its pretty pathetic. But as someone stated earlier...we are not the ones strapping on pads this weekend. Look for Auburn to be pissed and ready.

Auburn 28

MSU 14

179003[/snapback]

So has Kentucky, Vandy, or South Carolina beat you 4 years in a row within the last 8 years? How old are you? Maybe you were playing with GI Joe men back in 1997.

We beat Auburn in 1997, 1998, 1999, and 2000. Then, you guys turned the table and beat us in 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004. So over the last 8 years our records against each other are 4-4.

Maybe this will be the year for MSU to turn the table once again. Maybe we will start a 4 year run on Auburn. I guess we will see come Saturday.

What I got from the article is that PF has attacked Auburn fans as well as Tubs. The attack on us is a sign that we just need to walk away. Like Tubs would. While some of his statements might be true, like "....(Tuberville) is back to being called a chump by some disgruntled Auburn fans." The key word there is "some" There are always "some" who aren't happy with a coach. Yes, there were even Bama fans who wanted the Bahr to retire a year before he did. And we even had some fans in the late 1980s who wanted to replace Pat Dye because he couldn't win the "Big One."

But PF crosses the line between reality and fantasy (I'm sure turmoil at Auburn is one of his fantasies, it helps ratings) when he wrote: "But his standing in the Auburn nation is implausibly wobbly again," If a majority of the fans felt ill towards Tubs because of one game then this might be true. But I would say that most of us knew this season was going to be different than 2004. It just hit us sooner than expected.

He also shows his blurred vision of reality with this statement: "It is the fact that Auburn fans, already psychologically fragile from seemingly living forever in Alabama's shadow, were starting to gain traction." My only response to that is ask the fans who are younger than 28, "Do you remember the 70s, the 9 straight Iron Bowl losses, Joe Namath, Ken Stabler (yes, their radio guy used to play football), do you know what the Bahr looked like aside from the houndstooth hat?" Even I, at age 36, barely remember living in the "shadow" of Alabama football. The chains were broken when I was 12 so it's not part of my psyche. This is just PF showing his drama queen self again.

In reality, what we have are some fans who will never like Tubs and some fans who support Tubs. All of one group and some of the other are upset by the loss. News bulletin no one likes to lose. Not even Vanderbilt. So for PF to attack Tubs and us at this time is just to boost ratings. He likes to think a majority of his listening audience is intelligent. But he's wrong, most of his fans wear Crimson. (Sorry BG I had to take a shot :P )

Tubs will take care of himself when it comes to PF. We need to handle it the best way we can. We know we don't compare ourselves to Bama. (warning BG, more shots coming :P ) We don't want to be the talk of the trailer park, we don't want to be washed up, we don't want Phyllis wearing our colors, we want the good jobs, we want to win the right way.

No PF we are not fueling up the jet. No, it's not "the end of the world as we know it." And no we are not in anyone's shadow. I would like to point out that some people, in other parts of the country, feel that Alabama football is still in shadow of George Wallace. Care to tackle that one PF? Or is that too much reality for you. Even I, a lifelong Auburn, am objective enough to know that that's only a very small portion of the population.

When I see this little twirp associated with anything, I move on and ignore it.

He can :moon:

178958[/snapback]

Are you speaking to me? Surely not?!

Again, another person who cannot stand anything other than their own thoughts. What a dreary and small world you must live in. Do you get out much? Were you home schooled? Valid questions here, as I am trying to understand the shallow pool that is your mind.

If you have something valid to say, please indulge us, if not STFU.

178962[/snapback]

What in the world gave you the idea that I was talking about you. I obviously was referring to Finescum since he is the topic of this thread. Having said that , however, the shoe must have fit based on yout childish reaction. :poke:

179140[/snapback]

My bad. :)

178985[/snapback]

What do those teams have in common? Crappy football programs. Im not on the bandwagon with Croom. Just because everyone praises him doesnt mean he can win football games...he has yet to do that...hes just a good talker.

Maybe I am hitting this on a bad note, but you do bring up a good point. We are fighting amongst ourselves, and its pretty pathetic. But as someone stated earlier...we are not the ones strapping on pads this weekend. Look for Auburn to be pissed and ready.

Auburn 28

MSU 14

179003[/snapback]

So has Kentucky, Vandy, or South Carolina beat you 4 years in a row within the last 8 years? How old are you? Maybe you were playing with GI Joe men back in 1997.

We beat Auburn in 1997, 1998, 1999, and 2000. Then, you guys turned the table and beat us in 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004. So over the last 8 years our records against each other are 4-4.

Maybe this will be the year for MSU to turn the table once again. Maybe we will start a 4 year run on Auburn. I guess we will see come Saturday.

179151[/snapback]

:msu: only has to win about 32 straight games against :au: just to EVEN up the series. Get real. :msu: is a "have not" in the :sec: .

178985[/snapback]

Auburn 28

MSU 14

179003[/snapback]

179151[/snapback]

:msu: only has to win about 32 straight games against :au: just to EVEN up the series. Get real. :msu: is a "have not" in the :sec: .

179159[/snapback]

In no way am I trying to say that MSU has the history that AU has. I'm not comparing historical records. I'm just trying to make the point that we are not in the same league as Kentucky and Vandy.

Blah, blah, blah...let's just watch the game Saturday and see what happens.

Guest Tigrinum Major
:msu: only has to win about 32 straight games against  :au:   just to EVEN up the series. Get real.  :msu: is a "have not" in the  :sec: .

179159[/snapback]

This might be a sign of the apocalypse. I actually agree with 7 on an issue.

Archived