Frank Beamer thinks it won't happen

AURainman

ESPN Link

Beamer sees path for Virginia Tech into BCS

Associated Press

BLACKSBURG, Va. -- Frank Beamer has remained steadfast in his view that the Bowl Championship Series standings are not worth talking about during the season, not wanting to appear as though he's focusing on anything but the next opponent.

Until Tuesday.

Asked if he was surprised by the apparent volatility of the BCS standings in view of Texas' ascension to No. 1 ahead of two-time defending national champion Southern California, Beamer said he would speak about it once, and then never again.

"When you look at the remainder of our schedule, if somehow we could get through that deal with Boston College, Virginia was ranked until last week, you've got Miami and then if you get through those, you'd be playing somebody pretty good in a championship game," he said, referring to most of the third-ranked Hokies' remaining games, and a possible appearance in the Atlantic Coast Conference championship in Jacksonville, Fla.

"If you got through all those and the computer didn't go ring-a-ding ding," he said, pausing as if to the leave the obvious unsaid. "I think it's going to happen."

Beamer may have inadvertently given North Carolina some bulletin board fodder by failing to list them as a game to be played. They come to Blacksburg on Nov. 26.

Also, it should be noted that after the Sugar Bowl last year, Frank Beamer's quote after the game was...

Now, I'm a company man.  So, the game played tomorrow...THAT is the one that will decide the National Champion.
...which of course was a punch to the throat for all AU fans watching the game.

ESPN Link
Beamer sees path for Virginia Tech into BCS

"If you got through all those and the computer didn't go ring-a-ding ding," he said, pausing as if to the leave the obvious unsaid. "I think it's going to happen."

192941[/snapback]

Human polls are 2/3's of the formula. He can forget this

Lets see how he reacts when his little Gobblers are left out when USC and Texas run the table.

192954[/snapback]

If all three run the table, then someone will get left out. Does not matter who, it is equally evil. What if Georgia or Alabama run the table? Now you have two teams getting left out.

If we had jumped OU last year and beaten USC, I would still feel like OU deserved a shot. I certainly could not look someone in the eyes and say AU was an undisputed national champion like USC folks did.

The bottom line, imo, is that the BCS is taking hits left and right every week.

If another major team is left out, more people will complain and eventually it will lead to change.

I never thought change would occur with complaining but apparently according to Kirk H on ESPN the other day, another team being left out will cause many Conference's/AD's to get very upset

Slink is right, another major gets left out, the ball should start rolling for some changes. I just don't seeing the majors ADs, coaches, presidents, allowing this to continue when you know one year it could happen to your team. If there is more than one left out this year..it will for sure start the ball rolling. Everyone will be fed up with it!!

Also, it should be noted that after the Sugar Bowl last year, Frank Beamer's quote after the game was...
Now, I'm a company man.  So, the game played tomorrow...THAT is the one that will decide the National Champion.
...which of course was a punch to the throat for all AU fans watching the game.

192941[/snapback]

Wow, I could've gone without someone reminding me of that little soundbyte...how pissed was everyone when he said that? I know I was...

I can't wait to hear the Tuberville soundbytes when the turkies get left out in the cold like we did. :big:

Auburn will beat both Georgia and Alabama, so we know for sure they won't go undefeated. If we can make it to the SEC Championship game and win, we go to the Sugar Bowl.. another Auburn/Vtech matchup??

And yes, I know it is a longshot.

he must have short term memory, or he didn't watch any football last season. We beat two top 10 teams in three weeks, plus another top ten and a top 15(SECCG) to finish off the season. The computers didn't do a "ring-a-ding ding" then he thinks two unranked teams and one ranked noles team in the ACC Champ game will do it???

Hey Frank, get the KY Jelly, ready, cause if SOCAL & Texas don't loose, V Tech will be headed for the Orange Bowl.  :)

193181[/snapback]

How will they get into the Orange Bowl? It's either Rose or Sugar for them.

Hey Frank, get the KY Jelly, ready, cause if SOCAL & Texas don't loose, V Tech will be headed for the Orange Bowl.  :)

193181[/snapback]

How will they get into the Orange Bowl? It's either Rose or Sugar for them.

193250[/snapback]

The Sugar Bowl is a BCS game and therefore will be BCS vs. BCS so will the Orange Bowl.

The only BCS bowl that already knows what teams will be playing is the Rose Bowl,

BCS #1 vs. BCS #2. To be precise, if Virginia Tech were to win the ACC conference (and not play in the Rose) they could play in either the Fiesta Bowl, Sugar Bowl or the Orange Bowl. I posted the Orange Bowl only because the ACC has in the past usually gone to the Orange Bowl.

http://www.nationalchamps.net/2005/bowls/

Archived