UGA or AU?

DKW 86

48 members have voted

1. 1. UGA or AU?

• Georgia
    • Auburn

:au: wins a real tight one. Too much balance from the Tigers, and I think Shockley's knee will be <100%.

:au: 28

:uga: 24

It would seem that Auburn is ready. Georgia is still feeling effects from Florida(mentally) Shockley may be a little timid. Auburn's lackluster defensive showing

against :uk: will be used to challenge them. They have something to prove.

If Auburn can handle Pope, and play to it's potential, I don't see Georgia keeping up. The week off will allow a few wrinkles to be added for Georgia but Richt is a

great coach in any case. Auburn is the better team.

:au: 38

:uga: 16

I see this being a hard fought game. I think with the progression of our running attack, we should be able to keep the UGA D on their heels. We have got to establish the running game first and keep the UGA Dline off of BC in passing situations. Time to take it to another level !!!!!!

AU 23

UGA 20

Guys i am an Auburn faithful.. here is an honest assessment of the game from my perspective..

Auburn is playing a great football team that is coming off a loss. A loss that would not have happened had shockley played. They have two weeks off and will be getting some key players back from injuries they didn't have against Florida. Georgia realistically hasn't played a strong schedule.. what looked like tough opponents with Tennessee and Boise pre season, turned out to be marginal teams. They struggled with South Carolina and Miss State and Arkansas aren't great even though both gave Georgia good games.

Auburn has played two good football teams this year (GT and LSU and lost both). Georgia must win to win the SEC east, whereas, we are basically doomed in the west because Alabama will not beat LSU. Having sai all that, we are the underdog, and Georgia's record under Richt is stronger on the road than at home. I think the week off though gives Georgia the edge..

Being a total and complete AUBURN :homer: , I choose AUBURN. Go figure.

That being said, if AUBURN plays defense like they did against KY, it could be a long day for the Tigers. But I expect the D to step up correct their mistakes and play their best game of the year. The offense needs to concentrate and eliminate untimely penalties, fumbles and dropped passes. I guess what I am saying is I want them to play the best game of the year (and then play even better next week).

AU 24

GA 20

WAR EAGLE!

Normally, I would say that Georgia would have a distinct advantage having the off week before this game. However, Auburn held out a number of players to get them healthy again, and the ones that did play, only did so to keep from being rusty. I think with a 90-95% Irons and 85-90% Lester, Auburn will run enough to keep the Georgia D honest, opening things up for Cox & Co. to pass for 250-300 yards in this game. The two biggest keys IMO will be Auburn's ability to score in the red zone and the DB's ability to keep up with Pope. If they don't slow him down a little, Georgia will pass for 250-300 yards as well.

In the end, I believe it will be:

:au: 31

:uga: 28

:uga: - 52

:au: - 3

Shockley throws for 540 yards and runs for another 100 while our D holds AU to 2 first downs.

Hey, don't blame me...it's what happened on NCAA Football 2006 :big:

Ok, Ok....I will get back to this during the later part of this weekend.

Before I go making predictions...I want to see how Shockley is health wise...

Very simple for me

Healthy Shockley - UGA win

Non-Healthy Shockley - AU win

If Larry Munson is any indicator, then D.J. will not only PLAY, but he's at or near 100%. Taking that in consideration, I've got an uneasy feeling about this game. The AU D last Sat. up in UK was abysmal. There can't be another type performance by that squad again, or Auburn will lose. This can either serve as a wake up call for the D, or is a bad omen for things to come.

The week off for the puppies will benefit a beat up team, but I'm not sure it'll be good for DJ's timing. Except for a few designed keeper plays, I'd expect Shockley to hand the ball off a good deal, mixed in w/ some short drops and quick hits to the slant, or out on the flats. I don't see D.J. being put in too much danger, if their coaches can help it. They can't afford losing him again.

Too early to call it yet. I'll check back later.

I voted for AU in the poll, but here's the way I see it.

If Shockley is 80% or better:

AU - 24

UGA - 27

If Shockley doesn't play or is less than 80%

AU - 31

UGA - 17

I'm hoping for a 99 flashback.

Honestly, I think Georgia is a better team than it has showed this year and just can't get on the same page. It wouldn't suprise me if they put together a complete game and beat us by 10.

I'm gonna be a homer and go with Auburn by 6. If Shockley isn't ready or doesn't go at all, I think Auburn wins big.

I don't see Shockley missing this game, I don't think he will 100% either if he is still feeling his injury and not a threat to run, it will make things that much easier on the "D". Auburn should be able to move the ball we have good balance, as far as a score for this one monday is just to early. . .

20-16

Karma, Shockley has limited mobility and with a threat of pressure he hurries a few throws...maybe Will Herring steps in front of one...who knows but Auburn wins between the Hedges.

I don't see Shockley missing this game, I don't think he will 100% either if he is still feeling his injury and not a threat to run, it will make things that much easier on the "D".  Auburn should be able to move the ball we have good balance, as far as a score for this one monday is just to early. . .

196090[/snapback]

Shockley will 100% be starting

Archived