Will Anyone Go?

AUesquire

I know it's Iron Bowl week and that's our focus, but I wanted to get some input on the possibility of losing any coaches after the season. The "Last Iron Bowl" thread got me to thinking that every year we're going to say goodbye to some great seniors. If that particular year was a success, we've also got to face the reality that some of the coaching staff could get offers for head coaching jobs.

Haven't heard a word, rumor or otherwise, so this is just saying, "What if?" Bill Snyder is finally retiring at K-State. Would they go after Borges? Would he listen if they did? Are long-time assistants like Eddie Gran finally due their shot at a mid major head coaching job?

I know it's something you hope doesn't happen; however, change is inevitable, especially when your program is 23-2 in it's last 25. It's always a possibility and remember, Gene Chizik may be coaching in a national championship game this year. I don't want to lose anyone and at the same time, it can be a tribute to the quality people CTT surrounds himself with. If you're trying to build a program, why wouldn't you want to pattern it after the current AU regime?

Thoughts?

I know it's Iron Bowl week and that's our focus, but I wanted to get some input on the possibility of losing any coaches after the season.  The "Last Iron Bowl" thread got me to thinking that every year we're going to say goodbye to some great seniors.  If that particular year was a success, we've also got to face the reality that some of the coaching staff could get offers for head coaching jobs.

Haven't heard a word, rumor or otherwise, so this is just saying, "What if?"  Bill Snyder is finally retiring at K-State.  Would they go after Borges?  Would he listen if they did?  Are long-time assistants like Eddie Gran finally due their shot at a mid major head coaching job?

I know it's something you hope doesn't happen; however, change is inevitable, especially when your program is 23-2 in it's last 25.  It's always a possibility and remember, Gene Chizik may be coaching in a national championship game this year.  I don't want to lose anyone and at the same time, it can be a tribute to the quality people CTT surrounds himself with.  If you're trying to build a program, why wouldn't you want to pattern it after the current AU regime?

Thoughts?

198604[/snapback]

I don't want to think about that. thank you. :no::au:

I too saw that list... :no:

However, Coach Borges made the statement last year that there was a time that he wanted an HC job, but that he wasn't terribly interested anymore. Maybe that combined with the fact that he is the highest paid OC around will keep him on the Plains.

Scarbinsky-B'ham News column on subject this morning:

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/ks...3970.xml&coll=2

Can success keep Borges on the Plain?

Tuberville made the point Tuesday. He said Borges "has done a great job of organizing and delegating authority to the other coaches. Al understands it's about the players and the guys around him."

The Auburn offense has been so good this season, it's answered one question and raised another. Just how long will Borges stay?

Borges and Alabama defensive coordinator Joe Kines are the most worthy contenders - nationally - for the Broyles Award this year. Their game within the game Saturday will showcase two veterans at the top of their games.

When it ends, the waiting game begins. What schools will come after Borges? How tempting will the offers be?

Tuberville said that he and Borges have talked about the future, that he doesn't expect his offensive coordinator to leave after just two years.

But that's the bad news. When you least expect it, coaches do leave. ..

A little more $$$ to sweeten the pot at Auburn wouldn't hurt, however!

The difference in being one of the highest paid OC's in the country and being a head coach would make anyone stop, look and listen. But for some reason I don't see CAB leaving for a small school and hoping he does well and then gets hired at a larger school. Look what happened to Bobby Wallace at Temple. I really don't see him making a lateral move to another school. Especially considering the projected team that will return and play for AU in 2006! Next year is already looking good!

WAR EAGLE!

I don't think it's likely he'll leave this year. I'm pretty sure he agreed to stay atleast 3. But I am worried after next year he will bolt. I would really like for BC to have his full career under the Borges system. It's been a while since any players has gone from Fr-Sr with the same DC or OC.

Well, if you are hoping that we will have a poor offensive output in the Bammer and bowl game so we get to keep him, I wouldn't go there. He's a CA guy, and I don't think KS has too much appeal to him. He has a kid now, and I can't imagine him thinking there's a better place than Auburn to raise a kid.

Geez AUE, can't we beat Bammer before we discuss this gloom and doom stuff? :poke:

here's an interesting question that has little to do with auburn now: what if gene chizik leaves texas BEFORE the national title game ala mike stoops? will he be the most hated man in the state of texas? will usc stop at 50 this year?

these are all valid questions b/c chizik has shown he would take a lateral move, he left b/c he thought this would give him a better shot at being a head coach, and given the opportunity i don't see him waiting until after the game.

Archived