Mr Buffett Buys Russell

eibua12

Yea Warren Buffet is a strange cat.

I met him (was merely introduced to him and then shoved out of the way :D) several years ago at a Telecom Technology conference. The rumor was he was looking into become a line carrier for a major Phone provider, but it never happened.

As I said he is a strange cat. I wonder what his interest in Russell is?? Dont get me wrong I will always think of Russell when I think of :au: athletics, but it seems to me the larger giants have really left them behind as of late.

Oh. 

I thought you were referring to Jimmy. :)

231129[/snapback]

:lol:

It was my first thought.

I met him (was merely introduced to him and then shoved out of the way  :D) several years ago at a Telecom Technology conference. The rumor was he was looking into become a line carrier for a major Phone provider, but it never happened.

As I said he is a strange cat. I wonder what his interest in Russell is?? Dont get me wrong I will always think of Russell when I think of  :au: athletics, but it seems to me the larger giants have really left them behind as of late.

231114[/snapback]

You have to remember that Russell is a lot more than just Russell Athletics. It owns several other companies that are apparently doing alright...among them Spalding Basketballs (used by the NBA) and Brooks running shoes. I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. Either way, there must be something there...Buffet's not exactly the type to buy losers.

Oh, I think Russell also owns Jerzees.

:nanner::au::nanner:

I met him (was merely introduced to him and then shoved out of the way  :D) several years ago at a Telecom Technology conference. The rumor was he was looking into become a line carrier for a major Phone provider, but it never happened.

As I said he is a strange cat. I wonder what his interest in Russell is?? Dont get me wrong I will always think of Russell when I think of  :au: athletics, but it seems to me the larger giants have really left them behind as of late.

231114[/snapback]

You have to remember that Russell is a lot more than just Russell Athletics. It owns several other companies that are apparently doing alright...among them Spalding Basketballs (used by the NBA) and Brooks running shoes. I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. Either way, there must be something there...Buffet's not exactly the type to buy losers.

Oh, I think Russell also owns Jerzees.

:nanner::au::nanner:

231214[/snapback]

Yea AUtrey, you are spot on. I found out last night that they also own Mossy Oak. Any body that is a hunter knows that they are doing VERY well.

P.s. You are correct they do own Jerzees too.

If you had read the link: :poke:

The Company's major brands include Russell Athletic®, JERZEES®, Spalding®, Brooks®, Huffy Sports®, Bike®, Moving Comfort®, AAI® and Mossy Oak®.

If you had read the link: :poke:
The Company's major brands include Russell Athletic®, JERZEES®, Spalding®, Brooks®, Huffy Sports®, Bike®, Moving Comfort®, AAI® and Mossy Oak®.

231448[/snapback]

Your assuming that everyone on this post can read. Remember that bammers frequent this post too!!!!

:poke:

Archived