The Shane has hit the Fan...

DKW 86

1) Put down any drinks.

2) Cover the keyboard.

3) Read at your own peril.

Shane now has the same genetic code as Paul. He tries, rather pathetically, to convince himself that :ut: is a bigger rival than :au: Well Shane, as duh Bahr said: "I would rather beat :au: once than Texas ten times."

Think he said that about :ut: ?

http://www.finebaum.com/shane.html

I posted the following in the comments

"I’ll tell you when I will acknowledge that Auburn is Alabama’s greatest rival. First Tommy Tuberville will have to win seven more games in a row to even the overall series record. Very few teams have defeated the Crimson Tide more than four times consecutively – the Vols are one of them. Truthfully, Auburn is not.

I, being of above average intelligence..."

Someone of "above average intelligence" would be able to look up a series history and realize the above claim is patently false.

1954  Auburn 28  bammer 0

1955  Auburn 26  bammer 7

1956  Auburn 34  bammer 7

1957  Auburn 40  bammer 0

1958  Auburn 14  bammer 8

Once again, you prove that you're too dumb to realize you're nothing more than a ratings stunt...a circus clown...that Paul parades out to say idiotic stuff and get a few phone calls.

That was too easy. I almost feel bad for taking advantage of a retarded person.

I think it's funny that he pointed out the fact that the last two times :ua: beat :ut: they won 10 games. The last two times :ua: won 10 games they lost to :au: .

I posted the following in the comments

That was too easy.  I almost feel bad for taking advantage of a retarded person.

239697[/snapback]

That is why I said this.

Shane now has the same genetic code as Paul.

:clap::clap: :clap:

I really think it says more about the show that he and Paul have to stoop to this level to get the ratings up for the show. The "Smoking Problems at :ua: " show Paul was in FULL BACKTRACK MODE the next day. I called in and Paul LITERALLY hung up on me after asking him about it. I asked if he wanted to 'expound on it.' Somehow, he didnt feel like saying a word. What a ratings whore, What an :moon:

I think everyone reading this board knows where my loyalties lie. Everyone should also know how I feel about trash talking any of these kids. But to have PF trashing the kids at :ua: is just more than I can take. He could just as easily be trashing the kids at :ut: or :au: next. After smearing their names on his show, with Shane's help, he then doesnt have the balls to take lil ole me on about it just shows how low his show has fallen. No wonder Mellick and Winches are kicking his butt nowadays.

I'm so glad we don't get his show down here in pcola. We have an SEC sports call in show every afternoon mon-fri called Southern Sports Tonight. It too has a resident bammer homer named scott moore. He gets on there and spouts off stuff much like this shane character does, without doing research. WHen you call in to correct him, they hang up on you. He said one time (conveniently on a friday afternoon at the end of the show) that the only time Auburn beats alabama is when alabama is down...ie, probation, etc... I gathered my statistics, waited patiently the entire weekend, and called the show monday afternoon. When I started going into the statistics proving him wrong, I was cut off. They just muted me and took me off the air, but I could hear everything they were saying.

Back in January, this same idiot actually said that Ole Miss has gone to the SEC championship game once because the one that should have gone was on probation. See, people like this, don't actually do any research before running their mouths. Then when you bring facts into the discussion they hang up on you. That is what we've come to expect. Pretty said journalism, really...

Hey, if they want to focus on Tennessee and overlook us while we deliver a few more a$$ whuppin's, I have no objections! :cheer::au:

Hey, if they want to focus on Tennessee and overlook us while we deliver a few more a$$ whuppin's, I have no objections!  :cheer:   :au:

239737[/snapback]

A-Freakin-men

:cheer::au::football:

steve@d1sports.net <steve@d1sports.net> is the email address for the president of d1 sports who owns the conference call show...send him an email about scott moore and his crap

239806[/snapback]

It isn't conference call...its southern sports tonight... all boobs, but different group of boobs.... :lol:

I think this is great that shane is downplaying the iron bowl since his bammer team cant seem to win one. Everyone knows that if bammer had won 4 in a row the game would be the biggest game in his little mind! I have to listen to Finbaum because sports talk radio is so bad in B'ham and half the time he talks politcs so I really find myself listening to music more and more.

It isn't conference call...its southern sports tonight... all boobs, but different group of boobs....

thats shows you how much i listen to it....i guess the station switched shows and i didn't even know it was a different one....oh well

It isn't conference call...its southern sports tonight... all boobs, but different group of boobs.... 

thats shows you how much i listen to it....i guess the station switched shows and i didn't even know it was a different one....oh well

239875[/snapback]

well, they are on the same station here too, and they do run back to back, so that is extremely possible.... :) No biggie.. :big::big:

Once again, the problem is one of perception. And that perception, even with some of our own folks, is that this series started with the Bahr and Shug...IT DIDN'T! And we held our own with the Tahd...or the Bamar Crimson...as they were known for quite a while, before and after the Bahr. And Coach Dye did OK against him too!

John Heisman COACHED AT AU, and Bamar doesn't even have a Heisman Trophy winner. AU played and WON, the first major game in the deep South, with a win over UGA at Piedmont Park. AU played in the Bicardi Bowl in the 30's, still the only college bowl game ever to be played on foreign soil, if my memory serves me right. I was eight when we won the MNC in '57, and I remember the pre Barh days well. And AB (after bahr), we've done pretty danged well. :moon::ua:

:au::homer:

239875[/snapback]

well, they are on the same station here too, and they do run back to back, so that is extremely possible.... :) No biggie.. :big::big:

239878[/snapback]

Pcola, you really need to get satellite radio. I have Sirius and it is wonderful the music variety is enough to keep you entertained not to mention the comedy stations and while not always talking about something of SEC importance the sports shows are good.

You wanna know how far I got into the Article. Well, look no further than the first 5 words.

I can imagine hearing Aubie's

.....Aubie's....What a genius...Is it possesive Shane?

239875[/snapback]

239878[/snapback]

Pcola, you really need to get satellite radio. I have Sirius and it is wonderful the music variety is enough to keep you entertained not to mention the comedy stations and while not always talking about something of SEC importance the sports shows are good.

239952[/snapback]

NAh, have no reason or desire to get satellite radio. I rarely listen to the radio anyway. On the off chance i'm in the car when SST is on, I MAY listen a little. If that homer scott moore is on, I'll turn it off. I pretty much listen to CD's or my mp3's. That way I control what i hear... Today's music radio sucks...

I wish someone would walk into the Paul Finescum studio and toss around a few Molotov cocktails.

Not really, but wouldn't it be kinda cool though?

He is saying what UGA fans say about UF

When UGA is beating UF, they are UGA's biggest rival

When UF beats UGA 3,405 times in a row, UF is only UGA's 3rd or 4th biggest rival.

Archived