Talk of Auburn, Cox

vatz22au

3. A team from the SEC will play from the national title.

No one from the SEC will go unbeaten, but it's doubtful anyone anywhere will go unscathed this season. If Florida or Auburn wins the SEC title and finishes the regular season with one loss, it'll be in. The same goes for LSU, Tennessee or Georgia, but my hook-me-up-to-a-lie-detector call would be Auburn playing in Arizona in early January.

3.  Notre Dame’s Brady Quinn will be a Heisman Trophy finalist.  And he’ll be joined later this year in New York City by at least one player that we’re paying minimal attention to today.  The under-the-radar Heisman contender has become a 21st century mainstay that won’t cease in this year’s race that figures to be wide open.  Oh, Quinn will be in the mix for the duration, as will Oklahoma’s Adrian Peterson and Ohio State’s Troy Smith, but you can count on that one darkhorse candidate that gets into the discussion despite beginning the year without much Heisman backing.  I’m thinking of kids like Auburn’s Brandon Cox, Arkansas’ Darren McFadden, Cal’s Nate Longshore, Nebraska’s Zac Taylor, Texas’ Jamaal Charles, Penn State’s Derrick Williams and Miami’s Kyle Wright. 
c. Now that he’s healthy, Auburn’s Courtney Taylor will be one of this year’s premier wide receivers.  He had a bum ankle and only caught 22 balls last year, but has next-level skills and a quarterback that can deliver strikes.

Link

Thanks for the link - I needed a good read today!

If Florida goes unbeaten through that schedule, they shouldn't even be required to play in the Championship game. Just give them the trophy after the SEC Championship game.

If Florida goes unbeaten through that schedule, they shouldn't even be required to play in the Championship game.  Just give them the trophy after the SEC Championship game.

246586[/snapback]

coonass, i agree with that statement.....if they were run that gauntlet,i would think that they would be considered one of all-time best....ain't gonna happen,though

If Florida goes unbeaten through that schedule, they shouldn't even be required to play in the Championship game.  Just give them the trophy after the SEC Championship game.

246586[/snapback]

Count me in, just give them the trophy if they are 13-0 after the SECCG. They need the rest.

Guys it's nice to hear great things about Auburn, but we haven't proven anything. We got blown out of our last game by an inferior oponent on paper. We have a tendency to start slow and finish strong. Great programs kick it in high gear form day one. Just about every time we get high preseason rankings, we blow it. All of you know it's true. Tubby has this program going in the right direction, but there are still a couple of monkeys on Auburn that won't go away. One is high preseason expectations and the other is not showing up against out of conference opponents. Yes, we were fantastic in '04, but we started the season 18th. I want to expect championships out of Auburn just like all of you, but the team has to believe from day one that they can climb the mountain.

Guys it's nice to hear great things about Auburn, but we haven't proven anything.  We got blown out of our last game by an inferior oponent on paper.  We have a tendency to start slow and finish strong.  Great programs kick it in high gear form day one.  Just about every time we get high preseason rankings, we blow it.  All of you know it's true.  Tubby has this program going in the right direction, but there are still a couple of monkeys on Auburn that won't go away.  One is high preseason expectations and the other is not showing up against out of conference opponents.  Yes, we were fantastic in '04, but we started the season 18th.  I want to expect championships out of Auburn just like all of you, but the team has to believe from day one that they can climb the mountain.

246620[/snapback]

:clap::clap: :clap:

Post of the day, Should be a thread topic really...

Archived